The Official Bills FO is way Smarter than BZ thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

The Official Bills FO is way Smarter than BZ thread!!!

Apart from the fact that after the first 3 pciks we could have stopped there and id have been happy im a little unsure of what the *****ing is about.

Look our DB's were less then stellar, and our depth is laughable. Some of our signings are probably cuts anyway.

So we didnt get one of the TE's. Big deal. We have like 4 on our roster, did you honestly believe we were going to draft one in the first 4 rounds if at all? Look at the trends with other teams drafting for crying out loud.

McKelvin was a fantastic pick as was Hardy. Ellis imo was a great pickup and will be a fine pass rusher for us.

By and large ive heard nothing but good things about Corner, Johnson, and Fine. In fact today it was said that fine compares favorabley to Chris Cooley. Yeah ill take it.

I realize most of you are bipolar and that you hate one pick and the FO blows then with the next pick they "have redeemed themselves". Pardon me if I take thier word over people who collect loose facts via the web and youtube.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The Official Bills FO is way Smarter than BZ thread!!!

why do you take their word? Back to back 7-9 seasons? A decade with no playoffs? Only two .500 or better seasons since the turn of the century? Sorry but this FO has yet to earn anyone's trust. There have been some changes at the top but guys like Modrak, Brandon, John Guy etc have been around for most of that pathetic stretch.

I like the first 3 picks but we definitely went heavy on CB and light on O. The O is still terrible- it's the same O as last year plus James Hardy and Teyo Johnson. Even though I like the Hardy pick, I'm not exactly impressed.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
      Apart from the fact that after the first 3 pciks we could have stopped there and id have been happy im a little unsure of what the *****ing is about.

Look our DB's were less then stellar, and our depth is laughable. Some of our signings are probably cuts anyway.

So we didnt get one of the TE's. Big deal. We have like 4 on our roster, did you honestly believe we were going to draft one in the first 4 rounds if at all? Look at the trends with other teams drafting for crying out loud.

McKelvin was a fantastic pick as was Hardy. Ellis imo was a great pickup and will be a fine pass rusher for us.

By and large ive heard nothing but good things about Corner, Johnson, and Fine. In fact today it was said that fine compares favorabley to Chris Cooley. Yeah ill take it.

I realize most of you are bipolar and that you hate one pick and the FO blows then with the next pick they "have redeemed themselves". Pardon me if I take thier word over people who collect loose facts via the web and youtube.
      Like I said before, they did some good things in this draft, but yet again, they reach way too much for players. Sorry, but I lack the confidence in an organization that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years. I'll keep saying it over and over...respect is earned and this organizations hasn't earned it. Once they do, then I'll stop second guessing their decisions. Until then, they're fair game.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Who would make the offense better this year in the 4th round an beyond?
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          Who would make the offense better this year in the 4th round an beyond?
          They could have traded some picks and moved up to get Rucker...he would have made a big difference at our TE position.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

No offense, Op, but you aren't easily impressed anyway.

There are two types of fans...those who choose to think positively, that our team has made some decent moves, and will be improved this season....and those who choose to think negatively, that any changes made won't be good enough, and our playoff drought will continue.

i choose to be among the former, but it's evident from reading the boards that the pessimists will continue to beat us about the head with their negative point of view. Don't suck the joy out of my draft weekend, people. We have plenty of time to be unhappy when September rolls around.

Great post, Devin, thanks.

Comment

• Bone
              Bone
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
              Like I said before, they did some good things in this draft, but yet again, they reach way too much for players. Sorry, but I lack the confidence in an organization that hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years. I'll keep saying it over and over...respect is earned and this organizations hasn't earned it. Once they do, then I'll stop second guessing their decisions. Until then, they're fair game.
              9 years
              BILLIEVE

Comment

• Nighthawk
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                No offense, Op, but you aren't easily impressed anyway.

There are two types of fans...those who choose to think positively, that our team has made some decent moves, and will be improved this season....and those who choose to think negatively, that any changes made won't be good enough, and our playoff drought will continue.

i choose to be among the former, but it's evident from reading the boards that the pessimists will continue to beat us about the head with their negative point of view. Don't suck the joy out of my draft weekend, people. We have plenty of time to be unhappy when September rolls around.

Great post, Devin, thanks.

It has nothing to do about being negative or positive, it's about knowing this team and knowing what they need to win. This draft was both good and bad. I have a very difficult time having two retread TEs forced down our throats as the answer at TE. It doesn't take a football genius to see those guys (Johnson & Anderson) are not good enough. The Bills had a chance to get a good player at that position and decided to ignore it...that bothers me. I love the Hardy, Ellis and McKelvin picks, I like the WR & RB picks in the late rounds, but getting a mediocre TE and another corner early in the 4th makes absolutely no sense. IMO

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

They could have traded some picks and moved up to get Rucker...he would have made a big difference at our TE position.
                  Big difference?

Why was this guy on the board in the 4th? If he was a big difference maker, why did he not go somewhere earlier?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mitch20
                    9 years
                    Oops, my bad...

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Big difference?

Why was this guy on the board in the 4th? If he was a big difference maker, why did he not go somewhere earlier?
                      You don't watch college football...do you? I'm not being a jerk, but I follow it pretty religiously and I can tell you...he is 110% better than anything on our roster at that position.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

great post devin.. i feel the same.

i had no clue about omon, bowen, bell, or johnson, but i am liking the picks more and more with every thing i read about them. starting to get excited.

and i will say this.. i was praying to god that hardy was the pick in the 2nd.. and when they actually did.. pretty cool stuff.. rarely happens.

im happy with everyone.. i have no idea about fine yet.. having not read anything on him, i am hoping that i will find some good stuff.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

BTW, I hate and despise the 9 year thing, unless TD has been re-hired.

It is not the same organization.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

You don't watch college football...do you? I'm not being a jerk, but I follow it pretty religiously and I can tell you...he is 110% better than anything on our roster at that position.
                            Admitaly I did not see much of him this year.

But back to my question: Did the 31 other teams not watch college football either?

If he is such a difference maker, why did they not take him?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              • Jul 2002

BTW, I hate and despise the 9 year thing, unless TD has been re-hired.

It is not the same organization.
                              Last time I checked, Ralphy was still the owner and most of the guys running the show were here when TD was here, so yes, it's the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X