• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Anybody else..

Really disappointed with our draft on Day 2?

Ellis - B
    Corner - B
    Fine - F
    Bowen - F
    Omon - F
    Bell - F
    Johnson - C
    Cox - F

I'm not a draft scout and I won't pretend to be but as of right now, I could seriously wipe my ass with our draft. McKelvin, Hardy and Ellis were solid picks but as for the rest of the draft, I feel like we made horrible selections. I'm optimistic by nature but I can't help but be disappointed with our draft as a whole. We really dropped the ball on Day 2.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Anybody else..

I loved the draft. Filled holes and added solid depth.

I know you guys are ready to annoit Fred Jackson as the second coming of Barry Sanders but like or not every draft publication in the country had RB as a need.

The Bills FO did a fine job.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

no

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

It wasn't a great second day. They reached a bunch, but I love the Ellis pick and got a good RB late and intriguing WR late also.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm OK with it, except for the lack of a center.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I think Corner was a bit of a reach, however when the Pats go four and five wide, you need 4 or five CBs that can cover those WRs. He did have 7 INTs his senior year in college. I don't like the Fine pick, he's slow and small for TE. I think there were other players that could have been had.

But to give Fs to Omon and Bowen? Bowen is a good, athletic OLB that produced at a Big 12 school. And at a position where the Bills lost three players this offseason and only signed one, the depth is hurting. That's a solid pick. As far as Omon, I can see him pushing Fred Jackson for the number two RB on this team this year. He is 225 lbs and fast, and ran for 1500 yards in each of his four years in college. To complain about seventh round picks is silly. Most seventh round picks on each team have to fight for roster spots. If you were looking for 2008 Opening Day starters in the seventh round, you're asking for too much.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
              Defies all logic
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Scumbag College
              I think Corner was a bit of a reach, however when the Pats go four and five wide, you need 4 or five CBs that can cover those WRs. He did have 7 INTs his senior year in college. I don't like the Fine pick, he's slow and small for TE. I think there were other players that could have been had.

But to give Fs to Omon and Bowen? Bowen is a good, athletic OLB that produced at a Big 12 school. And at a position where the Bills lost three players this offseason and only signed one, the depth is hurting. That's a solid pick. As far as Omon, I can see him pushing Fred Jackson for the number two RB on this team this year. He is 225 lbs and fast, and ran for 1500 yards in each of his four years in college. To complain about seventh round picks is silly. Most seventh round picks on each team have to fight for roster spots. If you were looking for 2008 Opening Day starters in the seventh round, you're asking for too much.
              If you were looking for 2008 Opening Day starters in the seventh round, you're asking for too much.
              I graded it by how big of an impact do I think they will make. I'm PISSED off that we took a bunch of nobodies in the 7th versus rolling the dice on a guy like Payton Hillis who would be a GREAT fit for our system, did I mention that is a maniac on ST's? That's why our 7th's got F's other than Johnson whom I like.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

Well I do agree that Bell will probably not have much impact this year. But he went to college as a basketball player, started out at DE, then moved to OT and within two years of moving to OT was an All-American. He's a project, but with Peters and Walker, you don't need to play him at all in 2008 and see if he continues to develop. Cox was the second to last player taken at 251, if any player taken at that position makes the team, then it's a surprise. Hillis is a nice player, but it looks to me that the Bills will be using more H-Backs, like Schouman, than true FBs. They did sign a lead blocking FB already in Darian Barnes.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

Nope. Pleased in fact.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

B to B+

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

We'll see what happens, but I'm going to come out and say it -- I think our draft sucked, or maybe more specifically, our offseason has sucked.

Yes, Stoud is an upgrade. Mitchell is okay, an upgrade over Ellison. Other than that, we have a bunch of draft picks. I don't see where this team is a whole lot better in the short term (this coming season, and maybe even next season).

We had the 30th ranked offense. Where is this team going to make big strides this coming season on offense? James Hardy? I seriously doubt it.

On defense, there may be some improvement, but again, that's not saying much as the defense was a sieve in several games.

I hate to be the negative guy, but I'm just not feelin' the excitement vibe after watching this offseason unfold. I think we're in for another 7-9/6-10 type season, at best.

Jon

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

the only pick i am not onboard with yet is Fine.. but if he turns out to be Chris Cooley, then i am great with it.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LABillsFan
                          • Aug 2002

I think part of the problem was addressed with Fairchild leaving. Schonert will make use of what he has. The D now has some depth, hopefully that translate into not giving up those 3rd and longs and getting the ball into the O's hands more often. Whether it is a ball control offense or a quick strike offense remains to be seen. I liked the route they took in general.
                          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I liked the Ellis pick. The rest of the picks really had me scratching my head. It's almost as if the front office was too busy celebrating Day 1's pick to care and then just had Modrak pick whatever "gems" he liked. The thing that bothers me the most is one of our weaker spots last year was our OL depth, they didn't draft one until the ****ing 7th round. That pisses me off. I'm also annoyed that they didn't draft one of the top TEs. Hell, Rucker would have been a good pick. Fine is I also don't understand the need for 2 more ****ing CBs!

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

I can see our D being in the top half this year, but how much can Hardy, Fine, and Teyo improve the 2nd worst offense? 7th worst? Edwards better make some serious progress and Lynch better be ready to carry this team again. Maybe that Omon pick will turn out great.

Comment

Working...
                              X