PDA

View Full Version : Projected Starting Lineup

deathadder
04-27-2008, 10:27 PM
I knows its a little early, but after the draft, I was excited to create my projected starters for the season. Here is what I have starting:

Offense
QB: Trent Edwards
RB: Marshawn Lynch, 3RB: Xavior Oman
FB: Darian Barnes
WR1: Lee Evans
WR2: James Hardy
TE: Robert Royal
LT: Jason Peters
LG: Derrick Dockery
C: Melvin Fowler
RG: Brad Butler
RT: Langston Walker

Defense
LDE: Chris Kelsay
LDT: Marcus Stroud
RDT: John McCargo
RDE: Aaron Schobel
SLB: Angelo Crowell
MLB: Paul Posluszny
WLB: Kawika Mitchell
CB: Terrence McGee
CB: Leodis McKelvin
FS: Ko Simpson
SS: Donte Whitner

Special Teams
P: Brian Moorman
K: Rian Lindell
KR / PR: Leodis McKelvin

Looking at the starting lineups, I think we are solid! Plus, we are very solid with depth! I can't wait for the season to start! What are the projected starting lineups for you guys?

Johnny Bugmenot
04-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Having both top draft picks starters day 1, including McKelvin at CB, KR AND PR? Risky, risky... Parrish and McGee are both good return men, I doubt McKelvin gets both AND the starting CB on top of that.

Mitchy moo
04-28-2008, 06:09 AM
This looks like money to me.

tampabay25690
04-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Team look much more solid. I don't think this team will be 30th on Defense this year. I love what we did in the draft with the secondary we added some much needed speed to our CB position.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2008, 06:21 AM
Having both top draft picks starters day 1, including McKelvin at CB, KR AND PR? Risky, risky... Parrish and McGee are both good return men, I doubt McKelvin gets both AND the starting CB on top of that.
I agree, but everything else looks spot on. Makes me wish we'd gone TE earlier, though. I don't hate Royal, but he appears to be a weakness in our offense.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Team look much more solid. I don't think this team will be 30th on Defense this year. I love what we did in the draft with the secondary we added some much needed speed to our CB position.
We should be deeper, too, with veterans like Greer, Will James, DiGiorgio, Ellison, Wilson, Sp. Johnson, J. Reed, Losman, etc. in backup roles, and a few of our draft picks - Ellis and perhaps Bowen, Oman, Steve Johnson and Fine contributing as reserves

don137
04-28-2008, 07:04 AM
You know what is amazing when you think about it is that there are only 6-7 starters on offense and defense combined that were here under TD. 66% of the starters were not even here 3 years ago.
Its starting to get noticed too. I have heard props from many analysts. Sean Salisbury and Brian Baldinger said yesterday on ESPN radio that Buffalo is clearly the second best team in the AFC East and they have had some great drafts with a very young and promising team that should make a push for the playoffs this year. NFL network also gave props to the Bills.

dannyek71
04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Me

Offense
RB: Marshawn Lynch, 3RB: Fred Jackson
WR2: Josh Reed
RG: Brad Butler
RT: Langston Walker

Defense
LDE: Chris Kelsay
LDT: Marcus Stroud
RDT: John McCargo
RDE: Aaron Schobel
SLB: Angelo Crowell
MLB: Paul Posluszny
WLB: Kawika Mitchell
CB: Terrence McGee
CB: Greer (Mcleon NB much like nate)
FS: Ko Simpson
SS: Donte Whitner

Special Teams
P: Brian Moorman
K: Rian Lindell
KR / PR: Mcgee, Parrish

Mahdi
04-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I think if Courtney Anderson can prove he can block then he will take over as the starter for Royal. I think the Bills were going to take Martin Rucker before Cleveland traded up ahead of us to take him. Flippin Cleveland has crazy options on offense. Edwards, Winslow, Jurevicious, Rucker, and Paul Hubbard was a nice late pick also.

kernowboy
04-28-2008, 07:51 AM
The FB should have been Owen Schmidt if we'd drafted properly. Barnes is a waste of space who rarely lasts a season with a team.

If we are serious about FB, then we need a massive upgrade here. Dan Kreidar is still available I think.

Bruce is Loose
04-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Anyone have the time to put together an updated projected depth chart?

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Looking at the starting lineups, I think we are solid! Plus, we are very solid with depth! I can't wait for the season to start! What are the projected starting lineups for you guys?

I guess we are only having 2 WRs in our starting lineup and no pass catching TE. How is this solid on offense?

jamze132
04-28-2008, 08:05 AM
The FB should have been Owen Schmidt if we'd drafted properly. Barnes is a waste of space who rarely lasts a season with a team.

If we are serious about FB, then we need a massive upgrade here. Dan Kreidar is still available I think.
I think Schmidt will be out of the NFL in 3 years due to him killing himself. Not litteraly, (maybe? he his psycho) but the way he plays going face first into the defense. The guys in the NFL are a tad bit bigger and better than little guys in college.

But I would have loved to have him in a Bills uni when we play the Patsies so he could destroy Rodney Harrison.

Confused
04-28-2008, 08:07 AM
mushmouth wont take parrish's job@ pr. short of hester, parrish is the nfl's best.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2008, 08:43 AM
I guess we are only having 2 WRs in our starting lineup and no pass catching TE. How is this solid on offense?
Reed and Parrish should be more effective as 3rd and 4th receivers with Evans and Hardy.

And Fine can catch in short passing, zone situations, he's just not a downfield burner.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Offense
RB: Marshawn Lynch, 3RB: Fred Jackson
WR2: James Hardy