PDA

View Full Version : Bills OL Bell puts father Karl "Mailman" Malone behind him

Coach Sal
04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
OL Bell drafted by Bills; puts father Karl Malone behind him
By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP)—Demetrius Bell is no longer trying to follow in the footsteps of his father—basketball great Karl Malone—after the two-sport college athlete was drafted by the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
Nor does the swingman-turned-offensive lineman care whether “The Mailman” notices.

The two have been estranged for most of Bell’s life. And Bell, who switched from basketball to football three years ago at Northwestern State University, doesn’t expect that to change after he was selected with the 219th overall pick.

“I wouldn’t say it’s disappointing. All of that’s behind me now,” Bell said when asked if it mattered that he couldn’t share the achievement with Malone. “I feel good I made it this far. Nothing against him.”

Bell, the son of Gloria Williams, was 18 when he first made contact with Malone, according to the notes provided by the NFL. At the time, Malone told Bell that, “It was too late for him to be his father and that Bell would `earn his money on his own,”’ the NFL notes said.

Malone could not be reached for comment. As for Bell, he’s happy to have made it this far on his own.

more........
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfldraft-bills-malonesson&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tatonka
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
wow.. how do you say that to your own son.

carl malone can go ahead and die.

Lexwhat
04-28-2008, 01:05 AM
wow.. how do you say that to your own son.

carl malone can go ahead and die.

You're telling me.

Malone is piece of sh**.

YardRat
04-28-2008, 05:36 AM
That's harsh. What a dick.

Luisito23
04-28-2008, 06:30 AM
I never knew Malone was such a classless scumbag!....Now I'm glad that POS never got a ring....Even after jumping on the Lakers vanwagon...:rofl:.....F*** him Bell, you don't need that MF anyways....And welcome to B-LO!!!.... :beers:

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Wow man. I'm going to be rooting for this kid as everyone should be. In case some people don't know you can watch an interview slash profile at www.draftguys.tv

Turf
04-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Wow, one hell of a human being there. Sheesh. Makes you want to stand up and root for the kid.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Maybe there is more to the story?

Did Malone know he had a son for 18 years?

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 07:16 AM
Maybe there is more to the story?

Like Malone not wanting to be his father? It's sure not the kids fault.

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Like Malone not wanting to be his father? It's sure not the kids fault.

The article also suggests that Cheryl Ford (WNBA) could be another illigitimate child of KM (I guess she could be the mother's daughter w/a different father). Either way, this really perpetuates the stereotype that NBA players are the most notorious athletes in spreading their seeds around carelessly.

colin
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
don't diss the mailman if you don't know all the facts!!

it's the woman's choice to have the kid, the father doesn't even have to know.

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:39 AM
don't diss the mailman if you don't know all the facts!!

it's the woman's choice to have the kid, the father doesn't even have to know.

BS!

Luisito23
04-28-2008, 07:40 AM
If he was here right now, I would punch him straight in the mug....

colin
04-28-2008, 07:42 AM
BS!

uh, are you not familiar with the law? it is the woman's perogative.

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:45 AM
uh, are you not familiar with the law? it is the woman's perogative.

Despite this being a moral relativist society that would like to think that killing is an option, many people still do not see it as such.

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

"America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. It has sown violence and discord at the heart of the most intimate human relationships. It has aggravated the derogation of the father's role in an increasingly fatherless society. It has portrayed the greatest of gifts -- a child -- as a competitor, an intrusion, and an inconvenience. It has nominally accorded mothers unfettered dominion over the independent lives of their physically dependent sons and daughters"
And, in granting this unconscionable power, it has exposed many women to unjust and selfish demands from their husbands or other sexual partners. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign."

-Mother Theresa

Turf
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Jesus colin do you live in an emotionless moral vacuum?

He knows it's his kid, and he can't make amends and say anything nice to him or develop a relationship, just good luck and have a nice life? Christ.

The guy is a ****ing douchbag.

!Papacrunk!
04-28-2008, 07:50 AM
one of the best lines said at the free throw line:

Scottie Pippen to Karl Malone right before he was to take his crucial two shots in the playoffs: "the mail main doesn't deliver on Sundays"
I think he missed one after that.

love that line and eff off Malone, lol

colin
04-28-2008, 07:51 AM
you guys have the problem of filling in the blanks with whatever movie of the week tripe gets you on your high horse.

it really is the woman's choice, none of you are woman so don't pretend to be the arbiter of moral value. the woman can end the pregnancy, use birth control to not get pregnant, or put the kid up for adoption. the man has virtually no say.

further more what would you do if a woman walked into your life one day and said her son was yours from years ago? i'm giving you the guys the credit of getting laid ever, so that might be far fetched, but c'mon you'd just become superdad and drop everything?

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 07:55 AM
you guys have the problem of filling in the blanks with whatever movie of the week tripe gets you on your high horse.

it really is the woman's choice, none of you are woman so don't pretend to be the arbiter of moral value. the woman can end the pregnancy, use birth control to not get pregnant, or put the kid up for adoption. the man has virtually no say.

further more what would you do if a woman walked into your life one day and said her son was yours from years ago? i'm giving you the guys the credit of getting laid ever, so that might be far fetched, but c'mon you'd just become superdad and drop everything?

What would be the right thing to do? It's not like Mailman was some bum with no job. The man had the means to support his kid and he chose not to.

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:57 AM

I doubt I'd be superdad, but I would certainly do my best. Why? What would you do, Colin?

Stewie
04-28-2008, 07:57 AM

this post is a big idiot

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Let's not drag this on for too long or this thread will prbably be moved to the Spin Zone.

colin
04-28-2008, 07:59 AM
if some 18 year old you never met turns out to be your son and you had a bad break with the mom a long time ago, would you write a check?

i'm not saying malone is without fault or even not a d bag here, but we don't know all the facts and trust me if you got some woman pregnant who you never wanted to see again (especially if she told you she was on birth control) you'd think a little differently.

malone wasn't some fat loser with no game and a crappy job, he was targetted by hot women who wanted to get knocked up with his seed for a paycheck. this may or may not have been the case here, but let's not pretend that the kid and mom were trying to get into his live with open loving arms and he rejected them at every turn.

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Let's not drag this on for too long or this thread will prbably be moved to the Spin Zone.

Colin must be living in the spam zone world.

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
if some 18 year old you never met turns out to be your son and you had a bad break with the mom a long time ago, would you write a check?

i'm not saying malone is without fault or even not a d bag here, but we don't know all the facts and trust me if you got some woman pregnant who you never wanted to see again (especially if she told you she was on birth control) you'd think a little differently.

malone wasn't some fat loser with no game and a crappy job, he was targetted by hot women who wanted to get knocked up with his seed for a paycheck. this may or may not have been the case here, but let's not pretend that the kid and mom were trying to get into his live with open loving arms and he rejected them at every turn.

Dude you are a nvm...

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Yah, when did he find out that this was his kid? For all I know, I may have one out there. I'm not sure exactly how you go about being a person's father when they are 20+ years old and you're just meeting them for the first time. I don't know, Bell seems like an underdog, so I will definately pull for him to make an impact. :up:

colin
04-28-2008, 08:03 AM
this post is a big idiot

nice post.

in this country the woman has the sole choice if the pregnancy is completed or not. it's really easy for you and jeff to wave your bible and prayer snakes at the issue, but you aren't women and don't have the slightest chance of ever having to make that choice.

you also aren't famous athletes who got a tap on the shoulder one day saying you have a kid who is a grown man who've you never met.

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 08:05 AM
nice post.

in this country the woman has the sole choice if the pregnancy is completed or not. it's really easy for you and jeff to wave your bible and prayer snakes at the issue, but you aren't women and don't have the slightest chance of ever having to make that choice.

you also aren't famous athletes who got a tap on the shoulder one day saying you have a kid who is a grown man who've you never met.

Are you a woman?

Jeff1220
04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
nice post.

Abortion is a human issue, not a woman's issue. And I'd hope that most could see how disgraceful it is to our race w/o even needing to bring religion into it. As you mentioned before, there are alternatives such as adoption.
As for Malone being a target, I understand that happens in the world of the rich and famous, but don't you think this would have come up a bit before the kid turned 18 if it were about money? The kid was 18 and probably wanted a relationship with his father. I see no fault in that.
Btw, I've never even heard of a "prayer snake." Where did you come up w/that one?

colin
seriously, what do you guys do for a living that make you such experts on the topic? your little pat your self on the back for being a regular guy lives don't answer hard questions about what to do in very difficult situations.

you're not women but you can say that abortion is wrong (very convenient as you'll never have to make that decsion) and you're not stars so you don't have to worry about women coming out of the woodwork saying they have your kid.

if you have a family of your own and some grown ass 18 year old man contacts you about being your son, are you just gonna bring him home and play catch with him? how do you think your kids, wife, and family right now would react? does this kid even want to be your son at this point? won't his mother have some kind of impact on this?

it's too bad this kid grew up without a dad but millions do and he's done pretty damn well for himself. it's also easy to cast judgements on situations that will never come up in your lunch pail clock punching lives.

Gunzlingr
I could understand not opening the checkbook at that point, but to just blow off your kid like that when they reach out to you is cold as hell.

lordofgun
04-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Right...Karl had no choice in the matter...

Funny how some forget that Malone CHOSE to have sex with the woman. After that, he should accept all responsibility.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM

Funny how some forget that Malone CHOSE to have sex with the woman. After that, he should accept all responsibility.

Even if the woman told him that she was on birth control? I could definately feel for the guy if that was the case. Nobody here really understands the circumstances but either way Bell got the wrong end of the stick, it's not like he had say in any of this.

HotRod
04-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Where in the article did it say that Malone was finding out for the first time that he had a son? For all we know, that could have been the agreement between Malone & Williams (not to tell Bell or allow contact until he "was of age"). Did I also miss the section in the article where it states that the only reason Malone was contacted was for his money? If that was the case, why wasn't he sued for child support when Bell was born?

colin
04-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Abortion is a human issue, not a woman's issue. And I'd hope that most could see how disgraceful it is to our race w/o even needing to bring religion into it.

do you realize how out of touch with the majority you are on that one?

the world over abortion is a pretty well accepted female's choice issue. what makes it unique is that men don't get pregnant, so we are a little under equiped to make such damning statements about something that is so very widely accepted and practiced.

as far as what i'd do if some 18yo just tole me i'm his dad, i don't know but my current family, life, and relationship with the boy's mother would come into play in a big way. if i knew it would end in tears for everyone i'd do what malone did. the point is it's not an easy choice and pounding your chest over being a good guy for raising your own kids is silly when trying to judge a very different situation.

colin
04-28-2008, 08:21 AM

not according to the law LOG.

if the woman wants to have an abortion the father has zero say.

if the woman wants to have the kid, the father has zero say.

if the woman wants to raise the kid without the father, depending on the state she can get money and keep him away.

it comes down 100% to the woman's choice, so it's her responsibility.

hot rod, it said the kid first contacted malone at 18 according to the article. nothing about money was mentioned.

schubbard
04-28-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st1:GivenName w:st="on">Colin</st1:GivenName>, I am a woman, and I think <st1:Sn w:st="on">Malone</st1:Sn> is a looser… Two people made a child, two people are responsible.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
People who oppose all abortions in this country are in the minority, but it's a large minority - typically 40%+ in the polls I have seen. If you don't know your romantic partner well enough to know where they stand on this issue, you shouldn't be "romantic."
<o:p> </o:p>
Why should the woman have primary responsibility for birth control? Even 20 years ago, if you didn't cover the little general, you were taking a far greater risk than becoming a parent… Still, it takes two people create a child, and two are responsible for any and all repercussions.
Let me see if I understand what you have said… Are you saying that because she didn't elect to kill or give away her baby, he can just walk away? Or he should be able to have sex with whoever, whenever with no responsibility for the results?

Stewie
04-28-2008, 08:40 AM

like Jeff said, there's no point in belaboring this, but karl made his choice when he had sex with her, end of discussion. He does not, after that point, have the option of renouncing his kid and avoiding douchebaggery charges.

You claim women have all the choices, but that's dead wrong. A guy gets one choice... and once he makes it, he lives with that decision. Sometimes for a long time.

colin
04-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Well, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" /><st1:GivenName w:st="on">Colin</st1:GivenName>, I am a woman, and I think <st1:Sn w:st="on">Malone</st1:Sn> is a looser… Two people made a child, two people are responsible.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
People who oppose all abortions in this country are in the minority, but it's a large minority - typically 40%+ in the polls I have seen. If you don't know your romantic partner well enough to know where they stand on this issue, you shouldn't be "romantic."
Why should the woman have primary responsibility for birth control? Even 20 years ago, if you didn't cover the little general, you were taking a far greater risk than becoming a parent… Still, it takes two people create a child, and two are responsible for any and all repercussions.
Let me see if I understand what you have said… Are you saying that because she didn't elect to kill or give away her baby, he can just walk away? Or he should be able to have sex with whoever, whenever with no responsibility for the results?

based on the laws of this country and every other first world country, even italy and ireland today, it is actually totally up to the woman.

the father has zero say in the child's birth or upbringing (in the case of an un wed un involved couple).

the point i'm making is that it isn't cut and dried in this case -- it's a lot more complicated than you guys sitting at home with your spouses and children.

and while men are certainly responsible for their own actions (and can be taken to task for them wrt child support) the woman CLEARLY has a greater interest in birth control (or in some cases not using birth control) as she is the one who gets pregnant.

you people are honestly taking talking points and platitudes way too much to heart.

blackonyx89
04-28-2008, 08:56 AM
like Jeff said, there's no point in belaboring this, but karl made his choice when he had sex with her, end of discussion. He does not, after that point, have the option of renouncing his kid and avoiding douchebaggery charges.

You claim women have all the choices, but that's dead wrong. A guy gets one choice... and once he makes it, he lives with that decision. Sometimes for a long time.

I didn't know he had a son, just a daughter that plays in the WNBA. Sad story.

Tatonka
04-28-2008, 09:22 AM

i can tell you for sure what i wouldnt do.. i wouldnt turn my back on him, accuse him of just wanting money, and act like i had no responsibility at this point.

malone can go die. and i hope it hurts.

colin
04-28-2008, 09:38 AM
i can tell you for sure what i wouldnt do.. i wouldnt turn my back on him, accuse him of just wanting money, and act like i had no responsibility at this point.

malone can go die. and i hope it hurts.

what if the kid is standoffish and you aren't sure what he wants? what if your wife and kids need you and you don't have that kind of extra time to spend with your grown son you've never met?

these things aren't that simple.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
You could at least act human when he approaches you.

It is really that simple.

Historian
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Malone deserves a smidgen of respect.

He was a Brave afterall, if only on paper.

Tatonka
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
lets say the initial conversation didnt go well... the kid was standoffish, whatever.

you make a point over the last three years to be a part of his life. clearly he isnt looking for money, or else they would have been in contact before he was 18.. at 18 malone isnt obligated to pay him anything anymore.

but if you know you have a child in this world, and the child took the time to look you up and try to contact you, showing that he is at least curious, you do something about it..

especially when your a rich mother****er who has nothing but time and money.

Lone Stranger
04-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Thank you Jeff1220. Well expressed.

colin
04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
lets say the initial conversation didnt go well... the kid was standoffish, whatever.

you make a point over the last three years to be a part of his life. clearly he isnt looking for money, or else they would have been in contact before he was 18.. at 18 malone isnt obligated to pay him anything anymore.

but if you know you have a child in this world, and the child took the time to look you up and try to contact you, showing that he is at least curious, you do something about it..

especially when your a rich mother****er who has nothing but time and money.

and if the kid just avoids you? you don't know exactly how it went down dude.

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 11:54 AM
and if the kid just avoids you? you don't know exactly how it went down dude.

Either do you.

colin
04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Either do you.

THAT'S MY POINT!!!

you don't cast he should die or he's a POS type judgement if you don't know what went down.

CATFEESH?

casdhf
04-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Reading through this thread, Colin, it seems like you have abandoned a child somewhere along the line. It's ok, I'm sure he'll forgive you.

colin
04-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Reading through this thread, Colin, it seems like you have abandoned a child somewhere along the line. It's ok, I'm sure he'll forgive you.

you're my son casdhf. i feel so much better getting that off my chest!!!

anyway, don't take any wooden nickels.

see ya!

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
What would be the right thing to do? It's not like Mailman was some bum with no job. The man had the means to support his kid and he chose not to.

Did he know it was his son from the day he was born. Or did the kid come up to him when he was 18 and say "Hi, Dad". If so, than both the son and father got screwed over by the woman. How would you feel 18 years later that you had a son you didn't know about ?

Lexwhat
04-28-2008, 12:34 PM
THAT'S MY POINT!!!

you don't cast he should die or he's a POS type judgement if you don't know what went down.

CATFEESH?

Actually, I agree with some of what you said.

By the way, you guys should read Dr. Judith Thompson's philosophical paper: "A Defense of Abortion." It is perhaps the most famous philosophical paper written about Abortion.

Here's a link that summarizes it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion

By the way, if anyone thinks the "hypothetical scenarios" are stupid, you should learn that "Thought Experiments" are the basis for many arguments in philosophy.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 12:36 PM

When did he know of them responsibilites? Did this woman rob her son of a father for 18 years? Did she rob Karl of his son for 18 years?

colin
04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
at least casdhf and i can use this as a jump off point to mend our realtionship.

so i'm a huge miami canes fan, how about you son?

Tatonka
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
colon, do you know who your sons mom is?

Michael82
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM
I could understand not opening the checkbook at that point, but to just blow off your kid like that when they reach out to you is cold as hell.
I totally agree!

casdhf
04-28-2008, 04:47 PM
at least casdhf and i can use this as a jump off point to mend our realtionship.

so i'm a huge miami canes fan, how about you son? No, I despise them, but it's no suprise that someone who favors abandoning children would be a 'Canes fan.

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Even if the woman told him that she was on birth control? .
yes, it was his responsibility to make sure she wasn't lying . After all like you said, he was a target by women. It's his fault he didn't wrap it up.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
When did he know of them responsibilites? Did this woman rob her son of a father for 18 years? Did she rob Karl of his son for 18 years?

I would be so enraged over all the priceless moments that I missed. Taking my kid to Bills games, throwing the Ball around and all the little things and great memories that I have with my father. If a woman does that to a man, she seriously needs to be jailed because that is ****ed up.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
yes, it was his responsibility to make sure she wasn't lying . After all like you said, he was a target by women. It's his fault he didn't wrap it up.

Depends, if it was a woman you trusted at one time then I can completely understand. Relationships fail all the time, one second people are in love and have each other's trust and the next moment they are killing each other's reputation and in court. Just because Malone is targeted by women means that he can't open up to anybody? Relationships are about T-R-U-S-T, you can't be skeptical of your partners and expect to get positive reactions.

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Depends, if it was a woman you trusted at one time then I can completely understand. Relationships fail all the time, one second people are in love and have each other's trust and the next moment they are killing each other's reputation and in court. Just because Malone is targeted by women means that he can't open up to anybody? Relationships are about T-R-U-S-T, you can't be skeptical of your partners and expect to get positive reactions.
No one forced him to trust her. In the end it was his decision to trust her. He should be held accountable for his own decisions. Even if he was a nobody, he should've wrapped it up. He was a somebody, all the more he should've wrapped it up.

There are other men who have nothing in life financially who inspite of wrapping it up ended up with a kid because it broke . Yet they stepped up to the plate. I see no reason for Karl not to.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
No one forced him to trust her. In the end it was his decision to trust her. He should be held accountable for his own decisions. Even if he was a nobody, he should've wrapped it up. He was a somebody, all the more he should've wrapped it up.

There are other men who have nothing in life financially who inspite of wrapping it up ended up with a kid because it broke . Yet they stepped up to the plate. I see no reason for Karl not to.

How is it even possible to "step up to the plate"? The dude is 20+ years old, a little late to be stepping up to the plate, ya think? As to what you said earlier, I guess athletes shouldn't trust women period then because they may get screwed. Ahh whatever, there are two sides to a story and in the middle there is the truth. It's premature to judge a situation when you've only heard one half of the story, jmo. :up:

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
How is it even possible to "step up to the plate"? The dude is 20+ years old, a little late to be stepping up to the plate, ya think? As to what you said earlier, I guess athletes shouldn't trust women period then because they may get screwed. Ahh whatever, there are two sides to a story and in the middle there is the truth. It's premature to judge a situation when you've only heard one half of the story, jmo. :up:

You mean you stop being a father when a boy becomes an adult? Never . I don't care if someone is 10 or 40. You can allow a person to be his own man but you never stop being a father til the day you die.

"IF" all this is true. Malone should try an make up for lost time . It's not Bells fault that malone decided to have sex. Thers' nothing he could've done about the past but he could've stepped up to the plate by being there in Be;;s present and future especially since Malone has the means to do so. Stepping up to the plate doesn't have to be financial. There are other ways.

A REAL man will always take responsibility for his actions whether they turn out to be the right thing or a mistake.

BTW- I haven't really blasted malone for this because I've only heard 1 side to the stroy. However I responded to posts based on the post and not so much the situation.

The Spaz
04-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I just have to brig this up again after I found out the mother was 13 years old and he was a sophmore in college.

http://www.buffalonews.com/274/story/334471.html

Jeff1220
04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Malone didn't even have the foresight to name him Sue. lol.
(for you Johnny Cash fans)

justasportsfan
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I just have to brig this up again after I found out the mother was 13 years old and he was a sophmore in college.

http://www.buffalonews.com/274/story/334471.html

Wow, thats statutory rape.

coastal
04-29-2008, 05:47 PM
This is no one else's business.

Any reporter that asks him about that ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Ed
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I won't claim to know anything about the mother or the situation, but any college guy that has sex with 13 year olds is pretty much scum and a loser.

lordofgun
04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
From Mailman to Molester...

YardRat
04-29-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm really going to root for this kid...I hope he becomes one of those later round gems that leads him to stardom.

**** Malone.

HotRod
05-09-2008, 08:19 AM
This answers the question on wheather or not Malone knew. He did.

The Salt Lake (Utah) Tribune reported that when Bell's grandparents initially took Malone to court for paternity in 1986, his second year with the Jazz, they requested Malone pay $200 a week. Malone didn't respond to the suit, but a Louisiana judge ruled he was Bell's father -- after a paternity test showed that was indeed accurate -- and ordered Malone to pay $125 a week, plus past and future medical expenses. Malone claimed that was too much and later reached a confidential out-of-court settlement with Bell's family between 1988 and 1989.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080507

Bill Cody
05-09-2008, 02:06 PM

Too bad Malone wasn't a football player, they're trained to wrap up.

Bill Cody
05-09-2008, 02:17 PM
This answers the question on wheather or not Malone knew. He did.

The Salt Lake (Utah) Tribune reported that when Bell's grandparents initially took Malone to court for paternity in 1986, his second year with the Jazz, they requested Malone pay $200 a week. Malone didn't respond to the suit, but a Louisiana judge ruled he was Bell's father -- after a paternity test showed that was indeed accurate -- and ordered Malone to pay $125 a week, plus past and future medical expenses. Malone claimed that was too much and later reached a confidential out-of-court settlement with Bell's family between 1988 and 1989.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080507

I think you need to reassess a lot of your posts in this thread Colin. Bell deserved a lot more than what Karl Malone gave him which is nothing other than what appears to be a small financial settlement. A lot of NBA players are out banging away and they don't seem to care if they father a child. Malone is just one of many sad examples.

patmoran2006
05-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I pay that much weekly and Im poor.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-10-2008, 07:07 PM
i never liked Malone this at least gives me a good reason!