PDA

View Full Version : TE or DE in round 3

Romes
04-28-2008, 06:42 AM
The hang up for many seems that the Bills were not able to get a TE in the draft which could run up the seam. Well what would have helped this team more?

- Drafting a pass rushing DE like Ellis when this team lacks depth at the position and struggled to get sacks last year.

-or-

- Drafting a TE. Cottam, Stevens, Finley or Rucker who all went between the #72 pick (where the Bills got Ellis) and #114 (the Bills next pick).

Would you take any of those 4 guys over Ellis?

and no saying trading up back into the second or third cause we don't know what the trade parameters would have been.

Luisito23
04-28-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm really excited with the Ellis pick and I strongly feels that he will have major success here with Buffalo, so choosing him over any TE was a no-brainer for me, now that idiotic Corner selection....Well that's a fight for another day!...:box:

casdhf
04-28-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm happy with Ellis. He's a situational rusher, which is exactly what we need. Deeney and Kelsay seem to play better against the run anyways.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Personally I think the Bills should have traded down in the 1st round and drafted

1st: WR
2nd: TE
3rd: DE

So I guess the answer would be DE considering I drafted TE in the 2nd.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I was personally hoping for Brad Cottam. That being said, I don't hate the Ellis pick and will have to wait to see if he develops. If he does and he eventually replaces the loser Kelsay...I'll be very happy!

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I like the Ellis pick, the Bills had the order right, they just didn't get the right TE. I would take Kellen Davis over Derek Fine ANY day of the week, period.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 08:37 AM
I like the Ellis pick, the Bills had the order right, they just didn't get the right TE. I would take Kellen Davis over Derek Fine ANY day of the week, period.

I think the reason they didn't choose Davis is b'cse they were looking for someone who might contribute on STs also and Davis would likely not. A good number of picks after rd 3 were based on STs and you can clearly see the influence Bobby April has on draft picks also. I didn't like the Fine pick myself though...

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
We wouldn't have a DE in the third had we traded back into the 2nd and got Bennett.

I think we got greedy here. We got a CB that many were shocked was available. Got the WR we wanted without moving. So we should have made our move and secured a TE by going back into the 2nd.

I like the DE pick but we shouldn't have been there to get it in the first place.

After the 3rd round the Bills lost there friggin minds.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't mind the Ellis pick in the third seeing that there were still a crop of decent TEs there at the time. Cottam, Stevens, Rucker, Finley. But when we saw the run on TE started with 3 of them gone in the 3rd, we should've traded up and grabbed the last good one in Rucker.

Then we panicked when the Browns snatched Rucker from under our nose and reached for a guy that we probably could've had in the 6th.

Not good. :shakeno: