PDA

View Full Version : Caulrick signs with Jets, says Bills "circumstances weren't right"

Johnny Bugmenot
04-28-2008, 07:09 AM
Jehuu Caulcrick played his final football game for Michigan State in the Champs Sports Bowl last December.

But it won’t be the last time he wears a green and white uniform.

The former Spartans and Clymer Central School star agreed to a free-agent deal with the New York Jets on Sunday shortly after the completion of the NFL Draft.

(snip)

The Jets were one of five teams who were interested in signing Caulcrick as an undrafted free agent after the running back was not selected tin he seven rounds of the draft. The other calls Caulcrick fielded were from the Buffalo Bills, the Carolina Panthers, the St. Louis Rams and the Indianapolis Colts.

‘‘Carolina and the Jets showed the biggest interest,’’ Caulcrick said. ‘‘I talked to the Bills, but the circumstances weren’t right.’’

http://www.post-journal.com/articles.asp?articleID=27056

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Good luck Jehuu. I understand we are pretty stacked at RB.

don137
04-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Caulcrick said. ‘‘I talked to the Bills, but the circumstances weren’t right.’’

http://www.post-journal.com/articles.asp?articleID=27056

Reading between the lines "The Bills have good running backs and the Jets have lousy running backs. Go with the team that gives the best chance of making the roster."

hydro
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Reading between the lines "The Bills have good running backs and the Jets have lousy running backs. Go with the team that gives the best chance of making the roster."

Not that you can blame the kid...

don137
04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Not that you can blame the kid...

Agree 100%

BleedinGreenNC
04-28-2008, 11:26 AM

Thats it.:poop:

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Thats it.:poop:

I know...:snicker:

patmoran2006
04-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Should've drafted Marcus Monk in the 6th and let him battle with Johnson (7th) for the 5th WR spot.

Instead of drafting Odom and could've signed Caulrick as a UDFA and let him compete with Wright for the 3rd RB spot.

DraftBoy
04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Should've drafted Marcus Monk in the 6th and let him battle with Johnson (7th) for the 5th WR spot.

Instead of drafting Odom and could've signed Caulrick as a UDFA and let him compete with Wright for the 3rd RB spot.

It was probably more like us wanting Caulcrick to be a FB and the Jets offering him a spot as a HB.

And its Oman not Odom.