PDA

View Full Version : Bills Team to Watch in 08!

soapman
04-28-2008, 07:16 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/michael_lombardi/04/27/five.things/index.html?eref=T1

4. The Bills are a team to watch in 2008

Buffalo has been quiet but productive in the offseason. It made a trade adding Marcus Stroud to the defensive front, providing some much needed size. The Bills signed a versatile linebacker in Kawika Mitchell from the Giants. And in the draft they added top cornerback Leodis McKelvin, who will also help out in the return game, and big wide receiver James Hardy, who will complement speedsters Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish.
But what really makes the Bills' potential off the charts is the return of linebacker Paul Posluszny, among others, to the 53-man roster. Posluszny, a second-round pick in 2007, joined 11 other Bills last year on injured reserve. The Bills weren't all that far off last season, finishing 7-9 but playing hard in every game.
You better believe the Patriots are paying attention. The Bills are healthy, they have added size to their defense and they keep adding players who impact the kicking game. With all the attention being paid to the Miami Dolphins' new regime and the Jets' spending in free agency, I think the Bills have flown under the hype radar in the AFC East and are in position to challenge for a playoff spot in 2008.

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Go Bills!!

Luisito23
04-28-2008, 07:19 AM
What time it's kickoff???....:sadbye:...

casdhf
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
What time it's kickoff???....:sadbye:... I couldn't agree more. Is it September yet?

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I like the post but I think we didn't do enough to improve the offense or add depth at key positions. Unfortunately, I still think we are a year away.

jamze132
04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Aren't we "close" every year?

But maybe this is the year where we are really "close".

trapezeus
04-28-2008, 08:45 AM
maybe its like an asymtope where we just keep getting really close without touching the line. Nerdy, i know.

Secondly, where is The Answer's retort to this article. he probably doesn't believe that Poz is the deciding factor in our ability to put out a winning product.

Lastly, i hope to god this is right. i want playoffs this year because its long overdue, and we can't go switching Headcoaches again after this year. Then we start all over again.

jamze132
04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
maybe its like an asymtope where we just keep getting really close without touching the line. Nerdy, i know.

Secondly, where is The Answer's retort to this article. he probably doesn't believe that Poz is the deciding factor in our ability to put out a winning product.

Lastly, i hope to god this is right. i want playoffs this year because its long overdue, and we can't go switching Headcoaches again after this year. Then we start all over again.
Dude, you should be used to it by now... :poop:

BAM
04-28-2008, 11:48 AM
That's great to see, however, I still think we need a couple more pieces on offense to be a legit contender. The addition of a playmaking Tight End for once would be perfect.

The Answer
04-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Damn straight -The return of 'Poz' is going to have nothing to do with whether or not this team, particularly the defense, challenges the pats or makes a run at the wild card in 2008. You people need to stop drooling over a player that appeared in 2 games last year before suffering a season ending injury and didn't show much to begin with.

The Digi has already proven to be a top flight starting MLB in this league, and with all the additions we have made on the defensive side of the football, especially adding Stroud and Johnson in the middle of the D-line, is going to unleash the italian stallion to make plays all over the field.

And for the record - I really don't hate Poz, i just feel he is a bust so far due to him being injury prone (as I predicted last year) but if he can come back and be serviceable I will be more than happy considering how deep we suddenly are at every position on defense.

~The Answer

ddaryl
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
That's great to see, however, I still think we need a couple more pieces on offense to be a legit contender. The addition of a playmaking Tight End for once would be perfect.

DO we need a play making TE or a OC who actually utilizes the TE for more then blocking...

I really believe our TE's have been handcuffed to do more blocking then route running etc...

Turk could stamp his signature on this offense by getting the TE's mor einvolved in the O.

I see no reason wht the Bills can't be a playoff contender... I don't see them being a Superbowl contender this year, but playoffs yes !!!.

trapezeus
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
who cares about superbowls at this point. i just want to have a good season with more wins than losses and at least one playoff game where i am hoping that they can make an improbable run for the championship.

There is no need to build a dynasty at this point. i just want a chance to get to the playoffs. this is how badly the team has faltered in the last couple years.

raphael120
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
who cares about superbowls at this point. i just want to have a good season with more wins than losses and at least one playoff game where i am hoping that they can make an improbable run for the championship.

There is no need to build a dynasty at this point. i just want a chance to get to the playoffs. this is how badly the team has faltered in the last couple years.

Its the Buffalo sports mentality that makes you think like this...I think we should have the same attitude about our Sabres as we do with our Bills. A Sabres season without playoffs is a dissapointment, and a Bills season without playoffs should be unacceptable. I dont care about winning seasons, I want playoff seasons.