PDA

View Full Version : Message to Lee Evans

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2008, 08:03 AM
OK Lee, so you wanted a big target on the other side of the field to take pressure off of you? How's 6' 5"? Is that big enough for you?

We also didn't draft another WR to replace you. That 7th round guy is just for the practice squad obviously. Nor did we sign anyone from Free Agency to threaten your job.

We wanted to grab a big TE for you too but damn the Browns for sneaking in front of us and snatched Tee Rucker from under our nose. But the Derek Fine dude is fine we think. That should count.

So have we done enough to convince you that we love you man? Now will you PLEASE talk to us about this long term deal? We've got a boat load of money waiting for you right here.

When's it gonna be, Lee?

The King
04-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Let me sleep on it. Baby, Baby let me sleep on it, let me sleep on it. Ill give you my answer in the morning.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 08:12 AM
GRRR, I'm still pissed about the Derek Fine pick! I hope Lee likes the Hardy selection though, we really need to keep Lee here for the long term if we are ever going to make the playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I wanted Tee Rucker in the 3rd round! I thought the Bills FO were freaking geniuses when he ALMOST slipped to us int he 4th, and then damn suddenly they became a bunch of dumbasses!! :mad:

Tatonka
04-28-2008, 08:54 AM
hardy is actually a hair from 6'6"... that is so awesome.

BAM
04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
[quote=Mr. Miyagi]
We also didn't draft another WR to replace you. That 7th round guy is just for the practice squad obviously. Nor did we sign anyone from Free Agency to threaten your job./quote]

I'm betting Johnson makes the team as a backup.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2008, 11:25 AM
[quote=Mr. Miyagi]
We also didn't draft another WR to replace you. That 7th round guy is just for the practice squad obviously. Nor did we sign anyone from Free Agency to threaten your job./quote]

I'm betting Johnson makes the team as a backup.
I hope so too. His youtube video was quite impressive.

Mitchy moo
04-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Let me sleep on it. Baby, Baby let me sleep on it, let me sleep on it. Ill give you my answer in the morning.

So I can end my time with you.........

BAM
04-28-2008, 11:29 AM
[quote=BAM]
I hope so too. His youtube video was quite impressive.

I remember watching the game against LSU. Dude is fast and has good set of skills!

kernowboy
04-28-2008, 11:33 AM
If he doesn't we franchise him and ship him out for picks.

Next years class has some No1 WRs starting with Michael Crabtree, and Darrius Heyward-Bey

Evans is great, these boys could be beasts

Michael82
04-28-2008, 02:13 PM
Lee better sign a contract right soon. He finally got a big receiver that can take some of the double and triple coverage away.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 02:15 PM
We also didn't draft another WR to replace you. That 7th round guy is just for the practice squad obviously. Nor did we sign anyone from Free Agency to threaten your job.

Until Lee signs an extension, Hardy was drafted to replace him.

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Lee better sign a contract right soon. He finally got a big receiver that can take some of the double and triple coverage away.
Lee? what about Trent? He has the weapons. He should have excuses. He should esily surpass JP's 06 nos.

It also won't be Lees fault if Trent can't get some consistecy in the deep ball as far as finding the target.

I think Hardy will end up being Trebts favorite target

TacklingDummy
04-28-2008, 02:23 PM
I think Hardy will end up being Trebts favorite target

If that's the case, tag and trade Lee next year.

justasportsfan
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
If that's the case, tag and trade Lee next year.

If it comes down to that then yes and then switch to the WCO.

Confused
04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
yes yes and yes!!! I looked into this Steven Johnson fella. quite impressive.

I want lee to stay by all means. But hardy is a no.1 wr in a WCO.

PECKERWOOD
04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
If we let Lee walk the Bills should bring me in for a look. I'm not that athletic but I'm sneaky fast and as an undrafted free agent, I would bring alot of value as well. Plus, I dominated the pop warner level.

Michael82
04-28-2008, 11:59 PM
yes yes and yes!!! I looked into this Steven Johnson fella. quite impressive.

I want lee to stay by all means. But hardy is a no.1 wr in a WCO.
A lot of the draft guides I read say that if he can develop and work on a couple things, he could definitely be a #1 WR, like a Larry Fitzgerald type.

mybills
04-29-2008, 07:44 AM
I wanted Tee Rucker in the 3rd round!
Is Tee a nickname for Martin?

Mahdi
04-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Lee wont sign till week 3 or 4. He will want to see how good the team is before he committs.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Is Tee a nickname for Martin?
Not in general but his nickname is Tee Rucker, don't ask me why.

Typ0
04-29-2008, 03:30 PM
I don't think Lee Evans has proven he's worth top receiver $$$ and I didn't see a whole lot of double teams last year not to mention the triples! I can see what looks like a lowball offer coming that is really what he's worth...and then his being traded somewhere else and let them pay too much.

justasportsfan
04-29-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't think Lee Evans has proven he's worth top receiver $$$ and I didn't see a whole lot of double teams last year not to mention the triples! I can see what looks like a lowball offer coming that is really what he's worth...and then his being traded somewhere else and let them pay too much.

I can see this happening too and then the FO brings back Peerless and Andre Davis as his replacement :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
No way. We need Lee.

justasportsfan
04-29-2008, 03:39 PM
No way. We need Lee.
I agree. When does the scheme or coaches ever get blamed? :idunno:

Seems like they always get a pass. It won't be long, we'll be blaming Trent. Not long after tha, Hardy. If this keeps up we'll be rebuilding forever.

Lee as a wr is more proven then Turk is as an OC.

Typ0
04-29-2008, 03:43 PM
I can see this happening too and then the FO brings back Peerless and Andre Davis as his replacement :ill:

no, then we'll draft another stud next year at WR and be much better at the position than we would be with Evans for less money. People must think that because Evans wasn't open he must have been triple covered. He's a decent receiver but not near what franchise tag $$ are IMO. Plus, that just makes for an unhappy and vocal player with a one year deal...and he just hasn't proved he's worth long-term top $$$ sorry.

I guess that makes me a bad bills fan since I don't just blindly think all our players are gods.

Typ0
04-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree. When does the scheme or coaches ever get blamed? :idunno:

Seems like they always get a pass. It won't be long, we'll be blaming Trent. Not long after tha, Hardy. If this keeps up we'll be rebuilding forever.

Lee as a wr is more proven then Turk is as an OC.

so the player gets another pass...not accountable because the coaching is bad. The coaches aren't the ones playing the games.

Jayhawk
04-29-2008, 03:49 PM
I wanted Tee Rucker in the 3rd round! I thought the Bills FO were freaking geniuses when he ALMOST slipped to us int he 4th, and then damn suddenly they became a bunch of dumbasses!! :mad:a jayhawk is better than a tiger :nod:

justasportsfan
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
no, then we'll draft another stud next year at WR and be much better at the position than we would be with Evans for less money. People must think that because Evans wasn't open he must have been triple covered. He's a decent receiver but not near what franchise tag $$ are IMO. Plus, that just makes for an unhappy and vocal player with a one year deal...and he just hasn't proved he's worth long-term top $$$ sorry.

I guess that makes me a bad bills fan since I don't just blindly think all our players are gods.

like I said, we'll keep rebuilding. I don't think our players our gods either nor do i think our coaches are living legends too.

Lee is as much of a question amrk as Dick is if you look back at his choices with OC's . His choices are questionable at best.

justasportsfan
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
so the player gets another pass...not accountable because the coaching is bad. The coaches aren't the ones playing the games.

it's the coaches job to put players in a position to succeed. the pats have done it several times. Pitts won with Ben barely out of college. The colts won with a rookie rb.

Andre Davis was useless here and then plays like a no.2 the minute we let him go? What about Willis? All of a sudden the guy can catch TD's?

This is Dicks last year to get it right. I've blasted OP for not giving Dick the benefit of the doubt. We didn't give Wade 3 years inspite of making playoffs.

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM
lets just swap lee for someone more awesome

Losman4Life
04-30-2008, 08:15 PM
OK Lee, so you wanted a big target on the other side of the field to take pressure off of you? How's 6' 5"? Is that big enough for you?

We wanted to grab a big TE for you too but damn the Browns for sneaking in front of us and snatched Tee Rucker from under our nose. But the Derek Fine dude is fine we think. That should count.

So have we done enough to convince you that we love you man? Now will you PLEASE talk to us about this long term deal? We've got a boat load of money waiting for you right here.

When's it gonna be, Lee?

JP to LEE for tha TD will rise again in 2008!

Can't wait to see what JP and Lee do during a full season together without any distractions and a much better team.

Typ0
04-30-2008, 08:29 PM
lets just swap lee for someone more awesome

for the same amount of money...that's exactly what I was thinking.

paladin warrior
04-30-2008, 08:40 PM
they should put box wall around the desk.. SO brown can't see what buffalo bills doing..

Marvelous
04-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I figured "Corny" is the word to describe the thread starters post/threadas at times when he shifts into...well....corny mode... Good stuff though...
---I wanted Harvy bigtime. The only other wide-outs i wanted were the white guy who was gone when we picked(great white hope thing again) & I wanted Malcolm Kelly alot... But imo Hardy was always the safe pick for us @ wide-out...
--Something tells me Malcolm Kelly is gonna bust. Peter Warrick & Kelly Washington come to mind.. Both draft stock plumeted just prior & both somewhat busted...

----Man i get tingles thinking of our 4 & 5 WR-sets. W/
------Hardy-------Parrish------Reed------Evans---
That's looks awesome. I don't care if we upgrade Josh Reed because of teh fact that we need/want MORE.. But Parrish needs either better coaching or more passes to him... He is fully capable of being Santana Moss if could get the attempts...But how long do we stand by the Roscoe Parrish project?? Year 4!