PDA

View Full Version : Who's playing at #5 WR??

HHURRICANE
04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Kind of hard to have a 5 receiver set without a #5.

Who is it?

alohabillsfan
04-28-2008, 09:14 AM
how many times last year did we have 5 WR out there?

But to answer your question

Evans
Hardy
Parrish
Reed
Lynch

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I agree. They rarely use 5 WR's. For the one or two times a game (on average) it happens, the #5 guy can be Lynch, Jackson, a TE or another RB, Johnson, or Jenkins.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
how many times last year did we have 5 WR out there?

But to answer your question

Evans
Hardy
Parrish
Reed
Lynch

Jenkins...he started turning it up on STs last year also.

Don't forget the rest of our WRs. Scott Mayle has blazing speed. If he's improved on route running, he could make the team. Also, Chris Denney will be looked at to see if he's recovered from his ACL tear.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Steve Johnson.

dannyek71
04-28-2008, 09:37 AM
John McCargo

The Spaz
04-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Steve Johnson.

I was just going to post this...lol.

Mahdi
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Interesting Redzone package we should have now... Courtney Anderson 6'6, James Hardy 6'6, Steve Johnson 6'2 is also an excellent redzone receiver. Lee will be in there obviously too and the other guys should allow him to make plays in the empty zones.

jmb1099
04-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Losman

ddaryl
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Evans
Hardy
Parrish
Reed
Steve Johnson

we have 5 WR's on the roster, there was a 7th round pick up of ZSteve Johnson

Michael82
04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Jenkins...he started turning it up on STs last year also.

Don't forget the rest of our WRs. Scott Mayle has blazing speed. If he's improved on route running, he could make the team. Also, Chris Denney will be looked at to see if he's recovered from his ACL tear.
Exactly. Jenkins actually was turning into a very good ST guy last year. If he can improve, he'll be the #5 receiver.

circlethewagons
04-28-2008, 03:01 PM

Who is it?

If we do use a 5 reciever set- it seems to me the best option is to put lynch in the slot. Even though Fairchild didnt use him much last year, he certainly had pass catching ability coming out of college. I would love to see them involve him more, and using a formation like that would allow us to see more lynch on 3rd downs

Meathead
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Interesting Redzone package we should have now... Courtney Anderson 6'6, James Hardy 6'6, Steve Johnson 6'2 is also an excellent redzone receiver. Lee will be in there obviously too and the other guys should allow him to make plays in the empty zones.
good point

it should also force the corners and even lbs to defend a little deeper into the ez opening up more opportunities for beast to run it it

when you think about how many times captain field goal couldnt get us in the endzone this could make all the difference in the world

even a ten percent improvement in converting those fgs to tds probably would have put the bills in the playoffs

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Teyo Johnson is also 6'6".

Yasgur's Farm
04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Reallity...

1- Evans - Unsiputed #1.
2- Hardy - Must be #2.
3- Reed - More versatile than Parrish.
4- Parrish - Valuable... But his size limits the playbook.
5- Johnson - Too much value. If we only keep five, he'll be the 5th.

6- All the rest... Maybe 1 more stays unless there's injuries to the above 5.

DrastiK
04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Plus we just got that other WR (Steve Johnson) and he is supposed to be pretty good. So it'll proabably be...

Evans
Hardy
Parrish
Reed
Lynch
(Johnson)

We have enough.

X-Era
04-28-2008, 06:26 PM

Who is it?

I think Josh Reed is heading out the door. I think hes cut on the last cut or the first if they are nice.

I think that Steve Johnson will get plenty of playing time. I think the non-slot, non-#2 WR spot is Steve Johnsons over Josh Reed. You also have guys like Jason Jones and Justin Jenkins who have shown the have some upside, I think a guy like Jones with decent size and blazing speed is a real prospect to either make the team as a #6 or a PS guy.

Josh Reed has had his chance, I would rather go with youth at this point.

casdhf
04-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Pretty stupid question.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Let's wait a little bit before we cut Josh Reed for a rookie developmental project.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Let's wait a little bit before we cut Josh Reed for a rookie developmental project.

That's just what I was going to say - it'll depend on how quickly Hardy and Johnson develop and where people like Jenkins are - before you can just dump Reed. But I really hope they show the glimmer of development so we can get rid of Reed. Parrish is our slot receiver and Reed is just unnecessary.

Mahdi
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Teyo Johnson is also 6'6".
Ya..looks like our redzone package will most likely be 2 RB - 2 TE - 2 WR sets. Lynch and FB, Anderson and Teyo, Evans and Hardy. Gives us so many options. We can either pound it with Lynch who will have 3 extra blockers with the 2 TEs and the FB, or Edwards can drop back and throw to any of the huge targets in the back of the endzone, or shallow to Evans, or flats to Lynch. Theres no reason why Edwards shouldnt throw for at least 25 TDs this year.

The King
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Id say teyo makes the most sense. His size and speed would be great for a dump off.

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 01:26 PM
well once we get roy williams, that will slide reed down to number 5

Mahdi
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
well once we get roy williams, that will slide reed down to number 5
I dont think Reed will make it then because Chad Johnson will push him to #6.

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I dont think Reed will make it then because Chad Johnson will push him to #6.

i overlooked that as well. i dont think evans is going to be too happy his his stats from the 4 slot

boldin
johnson
williams
evans
hardy