PDA

View Full Version : Gotta do a post draft 53!

Yasgur's Farm
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
QB JP Losman, Trent Edwards
RB Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dwayne Wright
FB Xavier Omon, Jon Evans
WR Lee Evans, James Hardy, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, Justin Jenkins
TE Robert Royal, Teyo Johnson, Dereck Fine
LT Jason Peters, Kirk Chambers
LG Derrick Dockery, Duke Preston
C Melvin Fowler
RG Brad Butler, Jason Whittle
RT Langston Walker, Demetrius Bell

LDE Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney
RDE Aaron Schobel, Chris Ellis
DT Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams
DT John McCargo, Spencer Johnson
WLB Kawika Mitchell, Keith Ellison
MLB Paul Posluszny, John DiGiorgio
SLB Angelo Crowell, Alvin Bowen
LCB Terrence McGee, Will James, Reggie Corner
RCB Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Kennard Cox
SS Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott
FS Ko Simpson, George Wilson, John Wendling

P Brian Moorman
K Rian Lindell
LS Ryan Neill

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2008, 12:22 PM
No Jabari Greer?

casdhf
04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I think Cox makes the team as the 5th S and Scott is the odd man out.

kernowboy
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I don't think Teyo Johnson will either as we signed Courtney Anderson to a two year deal. I would not be shocked if Fine is not fine.

Scott is a big safety that adds something different so Cox will be practice squad. Greer will definitely make it.

Bell will get in ahead of Chambers.

Omon will be a RB and I think Wright will be shifted to FB ... maybe

Scumbag College
04-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd keep Jabari and send Cox to the PS for a year.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Where's Derek Schouman? He was injured last year and unlikely to be dumped that quickly for Derek Fine...and Courtney Anderson likely has a better chance of making the roster than Teyo.

Are you dumping QB Hamdan?

I doubt Demetrius Bell makes the roster. He's a project and will be on the PS.

And Greer gone instead of Youboty, Corner or Cox? No way! He started last year and played well unlike the other 3...

EDS
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't think all the draft picks make the 53 man roster. My guess is at least two, if not three, are headed to the practice squad or oblivion.

EDS
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Where's Derek Schouman? He was injured last year and unlikely to be dumped that quickly for Derek Fine...and Courtney Anderson likely has a better chance of making the roster than Teyo..

Wasn't Shouman a 7th round pick? He will be lucky to make the team. If Fine and Schouman were equal in the coaches eyes I think they would keep the rookie 4th round pick.

The Answer
04-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I think Cox makes the team as the 5th S and Scott is the odd man out.

No way - Scott is a savvy vet and actually played very well last year. No guantees that Simpson will be back 100% either.

~The Answer

Scumbag College
04-28-2008, 02:48 PM
No way - Scott is a savvy vet and actually played very well last year. No guantees that Simpson will be back 100% either.

~The Answer

Scott is a decent insurance policy for Ko not being 100%. He also plays well in goal line situations.

mysticsoto
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Wasn't Shouman a 7th round pick? He will be lucky to make the team. If Fine and Schouman were equal in the coaches eyes I think they would keep the rookie 4th round pick.

You might be right. If the FO doesn't see Schouman with a future here, he may be history. Fine will supposedly help in STs so if Schouman is not capable of doing that, he may be the odd man out.

Looking at the current roster, Fine is listed at 6'3" while Schouman is 6'2". Not much of a difference there. However Schouman is only 223 lbs WAY TOO LIGHT for a TE. Fine is 245 lbs...

bumblin
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Tell the truth, you just did this to put so you could put JP as the number one qb

jamze132
04-29-2008, 03:09 AM
QB JP Losman, Trent Edwards
RB Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Dwayne Wright
FB Xavier Omon, Jon Evans (Maybe Viti)
WR Lee Evans, James Hardy, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Steve Johnson, Justin Jenkins
TE Robert Royal, Teyo Johnson, Dereck Fine
LT Jason Peters, Kirk Chambers
LG Derrick Dockery, Duke Preston
C Melvin Fowler
RG Brad Butler, Jason Whittle
RT Langston Walker, Demetrius Bell

LDE Chris Kelsay, Ryan Denney
RDE Aaron Schobel, Chris Ellis
DT Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams
DT John McCargo, Spencer Johnson
WLB Kawika Mitchell, Keith Ellison
MLB Paul Posluszny, John DiGiorgio
SLB Angelo Crowell, Alvin Bowen
LCB Terrence McGee, Will James, Reggie Corner (where the hell is Greer?)
RCB Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Kennard Cox
SS Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott
FS Ko Simpson, George Wilson, John Wendling

P Brian Moorman
K Rian Lindell
LS Ryan Neill
Seriously, how much thought did you put into this?

Jan Reimers
04-29-2008, 04:52 AM
I think Darian Barnes makes it at FB, Omon at RB, and Evans goes back to the PS.

mysticsoto
04-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Where's Derek Schouman? He was injured last year and unlikely to be dumped that quickly for Derek Fine...and Courtney Anderson likely has a better chance of making the roster than Teyo.

Are you dumping QB Hamdan?

I doubt Demetrius Bell makes the roster. He's a project and will be on the PS.

And Greer gone instead of Youboty, Corner or Cox? No way! He started last year and played well unlike the other 3...

Gave it some more thought.

I don't think they will dump DE Corey Mace. Last year he got injured but he's likely to be farther in development than Ellis. Ellis is likely going to the PS unless he has a phenomenal TC.

Also, they've been grooming Matt Murphy to be an Oline backup and I doubt they dump him. They like him alot!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2008, 07:44 AM

I don't think they will dump DE Corey Mace. Last year he got injured but he's likely to be farther in development than Ellis. Ellis is likely going to the PS unless he has a phenomenal TC.

Also, they've been grooming Matt Murphy to be an Oline backup and I doubt they dump him. They like him alot!!!

A 3rd round pick on the PS???

Highly unlikely. I doubt he would get through waivers!

mysticsoto
04-29-2008, 07:57 AM
A 3rd round pick on the PS???

Highly unlikely. I doubt he would get through waivers!

Maybe. I guess I'm not that high on him...but I hope I'm wrong! I'll be watching him closely in TC...

EDS
04-29-2008, 10:08 AM

I highly doubt Mace makes the final roster.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I think Trent will be the starter and I also think that Reggie Corner beats out Ashton Youboty to back up McKelvin.

xXSpIkes5IXx
04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I honestly think we may head into opening day without William James on the roster

I see McKelvin, Mcgee, Greer, Youboty, and Corner being the guys

James needs a good camp and i dont see it happening.

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
boy o boy do our tight ends suck