X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrastiK
    • Nov 2007

I really want an explanation

I thought for sure that we were going to go with Rogers-Cromartie then i seen that we chose McKelvin and i was completely stunned. I've came to the conclusion that McKelvin was definitely one of the best CBs in the draft but i still don't understand why we didn't chose DRC. I mean he's taller, faster, and has a higher vertical. The FO said that they chose McKelvin instead because of his kick/punt retunrning abilities. We already have Parrish and McGee!!! Are you kidding? And even the fact that in the interview he sounds like a full blown ****** pisses me off even more. Hopefully once the season starts McKelvin will prove that he was the right choice. I'm just lost.

made by me
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: I really want an explanation

Originally posted by DrastiK
    I mean he's taller, faster, and has a higher vertical. The FO said that they chose McKelvin instead because of his kick/punt retunrning abilities.
    Taller and faster does not mean better. I just checked, it turns out we arent playing any of our games on paper next year. All of them will be decided on the football feild. Could it be perhaps that the bills(and a lot of people) think McKelvin is the better corner.
    Last edited by venis2k1; 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• DrastiK
      • Nov 2007

I'm just trying to convince myself the McKelvin is better, but i just don't see it.

made by me

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

Using McGee as a return guy is playing roulette.

Beyond that, we got the best corner.

How could you "see it?"

Do you follow these college teams that closely?

Did you work them out or talk to them?

Comment

• RingofFire
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2007

Well Einstein... The reason McKelvin is better is because he is a better overall CB in regards to playing vs the run and coverage. Also the fact he came from a better division.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

I heard that Magic Johnson can still run a sub 4.3, we should bring him in to replace Lee Evans.

Comment

• Confused
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jun 2007

Although the game isnt played on paper, mushmouth had almost 4000 allpourpose yards and returned over 100 kicks. I personally think that McGee has lost a step. Mckelvin will not take Roscoe's job, but i believe we may not be using our no.1 cb for return fodder much longer.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

I think you need to be real careful with guy's that suddenly make a name for themsleves at Senior Bowls and Combines. I think McKelvin was by far the better choice.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  I think you need to be real careful with guy's that suddenly make a name for themsleves at Senior Bowls and Combines. I think McKelvin was by far the better choice.
                  See if FTP can see then so should the Bills fans...lol

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

...i seen that we chose McKelvin...I've came to the conclusion...
                    in the interview he sounds like a full blown ******
                    Pot/kettle?

I'll take tape over combine numbers.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

I thought for sure that we were going to go with Rogers-Cromartie then i seen that we chose McKelvin and i was completely stunned. I've came to the conclusion that McKelvin was definitely one of the best CBs in the draft but i still don't understand why we didn't chose DRC. I mean he's taller, faster, and has a higher vertical. The FO said that they chose McKelvin instead because of his kick/punt retunrning abilities. We already have Parrish and McGee!!! Are you kidding? And even the fact that in the interview he sounds like a full blown ****** pisses me off even more. Hopefully once the season starts McKelvin will prove that he was the right choice. I'm just lost.
                      I wouldnt have minded DRC either but I cant argue with the Bills.

No, I could, but I have about 1/100th of the information on both these guys that they do. Many people feel he was the best CB.

They did their homework and tons of it, I cant use my inferior knowledge on these guys to fault them.

Name your top 10 CB's in this league.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                        It hurts me to say this, but I agree with FTP.

Comment

• W1DER1GHT
                          Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
                          • Mar 2007

I was happy as heck that we DIDN'T take the "One Kidney Man". I know ZO and Sean Elliot played in the NBA with one, but I think it's pretty safe to say that football is just a little bit more rough. I think we'll be more than happy with McKelvin when it's all said and done.
                          "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
                          ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

The explanation is simple - DRC has a higher potential that he may achieve, but right now he is currently less polished. McKelvin also offers ST (kick/punt returns) supposedly at Devin Hester's level. That frees up McGee from always having to do it and McKelvin may even be better than Parrish (???). The only knock on McKelvin is that he doesn't have good hands to intercept balls - but then DRC wasn't an intercepting machine either...

I would have gone with DRC based on long term potential. But McKelvin is a fine CB on his own and will likely not disappoint.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

I knock the Bills FO all the time, so I have to give credit where credit is due.

McKelvin is by far the better choice over DRC. DRC came from a small school and no one was even talking about him until after the Senior Bowl and the combine. He had one good game against top talent and a good workout. That's not to say he won't be a good CB someday or even be better than McKelvin, but he's a project and carries a lot more risk. We shouldn't have to deal with that at the #11 pick, especially since our team has so many more immediate needs.

Given the situation we're in and where the pick was, the FO made the wiser choice.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X