PDA

View Full Version : Draft: 10 best marriages of talent, team needs

Ed
04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=3371140&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

Jeffri Chadhiri seems to think Hardy and the Bills make a great match.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Stewart Mandel had him as the most underrated WR in the draft:

Underrated: James Hardy, Indiana

It may be a stretch to say he's underrated, as I have seen some projections that have Hardy as high as the No. 2 receiver in the draft but others have him much lower. Besides Jackson and Devin Thomas, there seems to be much disagreement over who exactly the elite receivers are in this draft (Malcolm Kelly? Limas Sweed? Mario Manningham?).

All I know is, for a league obsessed with size, the NFL, you would think, couldn't go wrong with a guy who's 6-foot-5 1/2, racked up 1,125 yards last season and scored 36 touchdowns in three years. Hardy was an absolutely dominant performer for the Hoosiers and there's no reason to think he won't become a go-to NFL receiver.

elltrain22
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Mark my words, James Hardy will be a very good NFL WR. I could really see him helping us out in a big way THIS season, and many seasons to come.

Al the Bills Fan
04-29-2008, 12:01 AM
I love this pick, we needed a big reciever and that is exactly what we got! I do not have unreal expectations for him this year. It is tough for rookie WRs to make much of an impact, but our offense may be perfect for him to set-up and perform in his first year. The reason I say our offense may be perfect for him to perform is because we don't have a legitimate #2WR so he should get plenty of time to develop his game. I could see him starting before week 4 or 5.

If he and Leodis work out, we will have a solid group of young players!

bigbub2352
04-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I was a huge fan of DThomas in this draft but after seeing all WRs drop, i was more than happy to get Hardy, i didnt like Kelly or Sweed cause of injury concerns, i think at the very least Hardy will be a beast in the redzone