PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI Article

Lexwhat
04-29-2008, 01:06 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/michael_lombardi/04/27/five.things/index.html

4. The Bills are a team to watch in 2008

Buffalo has been quiet but productive in the offseason. It made a trade adding Marcus Stroud to the defensive front, providing some much needed size. The Bills signed a versatile linebacker in Kawika Mitchell from the Giants. And in the draft they added top cornerback Leodis McKelvin, who will also help out in the return game, and big wide receiver James Hardy, who will complement speedsters Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish.

But what really makes the Bills' potential off the charts is the return of linebacker Paul Posluszny, among others, to the 53-man roster. Posluszny, a second-round pick in 2007, joined 11 other Bills last year on injured reserve. The Bills weren't all that far off last season, finishing 7-9 but playing hard in every game.

You better believe the Patriots are paying attention. The Bills are healthy, they have added size to their defense and they keep adding players who impact the kicking game. With all the attention being paid to the Miami Dolphins' new regime and the Jets' spending in free agency, I think the Bills have flown under the hype radar in the AFC East and are in position to challenge for a playoff spot in 2008.

Night Train
04-29-2008, 04:25 AM
There is no place here for optimism. We didn't draft Adarius Bowman, Ali Highsmith...oh wait, no one did...

..but,but we suck !

Don't Panic
04-29-2008, 06:23 AM
There are very few glaring weaknesses left at this point. If our TEs and FB(s) can show even average production, and everyone else does what they should, we should be in pretty good shape.

BlackMetalNinja
04-29-2008, 07:16 AM
There are very few glaring weaknesses left at this point. If our TEs and FB(s) can show even average production, and everyone else does what they should, we should be in pretty good shape.

I'd like to agree... I really would, but in my eyes, the most important position on the field still isn't proven either. Getting Trent extra help is definitely a good thing, but he still needs to prove he's a starting NFL QB to me.

Mahdi
04-29-2008, 07:21 AM
I'd like to agree... I really would, but in my eyes, the most important position on the field still isn't proven either. Getting Trent extra help is definitely a good thing, but he still needs to prove he's a starting NFL QB to me.
I dont think there is a single poster on this board who is 100% sold on Trent Edwards...

Philagape
04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Considering we lost nothing but backups and deadweight starters, my prediction STARTS at 7-9.
So on top of that, we added Stroud, Mitchell, Johnson, McKelvin and Hardy (and the other rookies and FAs, but I'll assume nothing significant from them). I'm confident that young players like Edwards, Lynch, Poz, McCargo and Whitner will improve. (The returns of Poz and Ko make them "additions" as well.) So to remain at 7-9 means NONE of them would add to the team or improve. What are the chances of that? If just some of those new and young players help the team, it's still reasonable to be hopeful for the playoffs.
Edwards would have to be one of them. He's the key. If he takes the next step, the whole team improves, especially a defense that won't be on the field as much.

Don't Panic
04-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I dont think there is a single poster on this board who is 100% sold on Trent Edwards...

True. I'd say I'm about 70-80% sold on him. Much more so than any QB at this point in his career since Kelly, though (Collins, Johnson, Losman).