He has some speech problems it sounds like

"Who do you remind yourself of?"
loooong pause
"um...
I remind myself of..
um..."
pause
"no a i mean a deon sanders did a lot of things that I did..."

that was all I could decipher - the rest was jibberish.

He likes his wings hot though.

FlyingDutchman
04-29-2008, 10:04 AM
as long as he shuts down WRs and has some good kick returns

Gunzlingr
04-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Ever heard Pat Williams talk?

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Fortunately for us, you don't have to be smart to play football.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Actually yes he was just on Sirius about a week ago. He sounded fine.

Who cares how they talk. Frankly I like it when they don't speak well and STFU and just play ball. Much better than some loud mouth Shannon Sharpe Chad Johnson type.

Luisito23
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
He just get nervous, there was a point in that speech where you can see him getting more comfortable and sounding better....Just let your talent do the rest....

The Spaz
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
For someone who is going to be on our team people sure like to talk **** about them.

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
For someone who is going to be on our team people sure like to talk **** about them.

:nod: Lay off the kid and let him play. He's not going to talk to the wide
receiver when he's defending him!

:rockon:

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd be more concerned if he was a QB, OL, LB, or the new public address announcer at the Ralph.

WRs, RBs, and CBs are allowed to be dumb.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I lived down south for about 7-8 years, I can understand what he is saying perfectly. He seemed pretty comfortable while being interviewed by Chris Brown, he looked him in the eyes, had a quiet confidence and came off as humble to me, that scores big points on my board.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Actually yes he was just on Sirius about a week ago. He sounded fine.

Who cares how they talk. Frankly I like it when they don't speak well and STFU and just play ball. Much better than some loud mouth Shannon Sharpe Chad Johnson type.

He was on Sirius they day they drafted him him they cut the interview short. It's not his speech that is the problem. It's the thing between his ears that operates his lips.

madness
04-29-2008, 10:39 AM
I haven't heard him yet but I'm guessing he has a strong southern accent being from Georgia and that he was nervous as heck considering Troy isn't exactly in the national spotlight.

Jan Reimers
04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
We're paying him to play CB, not to be an orator, or a master of elocution, or a grammarian.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I haven't heard him yet but I'm guessing he has a strong southern accent being from Georgia and that he was nervous as heck considering Troy isn't exactly in the national spotlight.

Can we stop with the southern excuse. I live in georgia and have been to Waycross before.

The guy can't answer simple questions. End of story. Hopefully it's just nerves, etc. but it's downright horrible.

Are you excited to be a Buffalo Bill?

Answer: "Uhhh, well, yes, uhh, yeah, hmmm," pause... silence...nothing.

The Spaz
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Can we stop with the southern excuse. I live in georgia and have been to Waycross before.

The guy can't answer simple questions. End of story. Hopefully it's just nerves, etc. but it's downright horrible.

I take it you won't be rooting for this guy.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2008, 10:46 AM
We're paying him to play CB, not to be an orator, or a master of elocution, or a grammarian.

A player's intelligence is fair game. McGahee needing a separate coach to call plays in wasn't helpful and I don't want to go through that again.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I take it you won't be rooting for this guy.

That's not fair. I liked the pick and I don't care if he's a former ax murderer. If he can play and help this team, that's all i care about.

But his intelligence is fair game until he proves something on the field as a Bill.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM

This post is a miserable cow. Since you're so much better than McKelvin, then why don't you have anything better to do then sit here and gossip about somebody who is "inferior" to you?

The Spaz
04-29-2008, 10:49 AM
That's not fair. I liked the pick and I don't care if he's a former ax murderer. If he can play and help this team, that's all i care about.

But his intelligence is fair game until he proves something on the field as a Bill.

You take him for what he is not break down things and take what you like.

SABuffalo786
04-29-2008, 10:50 AM
You'd sound like a babbling idiot too if you had a national TV interview.

madness
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM
If the way he speaks is reflective of his intelligence, then I guess I have another person from Georgia to put on ignore. :snicker:

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2008, 10:55 AM

that goes for every draft pick, on every team.

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM

I was born in Mississippi and when I came to Buffalo, the education system put me back a grade because they thought the southern education system was behind and backwards and they thought I wasn't smart because I had an accent.

Little did they know that I became an A- student and won a number of school honors. Not bad for a country bumpkin. LOL! In other words, this kid might be a genius, you don't know and don't judge a book by it's cover or in this case, his speaking voice! Leave him alone!

Jan Reimers
04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I say we cut the kid some slack and watch him play before we jump all over him.

Football smarts are much different from academic smarts or the ability to enunciate properly.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
THIS IS FOOTBALL!!!! Who would you rather have play for the Bills, Bill Gates or Tarzan? Give me a break. Intelligence doesn't matter when you lay the lumber down like McKelvin. Has anybody seen this guy tackle? One word: OUCH!!!

mybills
04-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Wow, some people are really touchy. He's prolly a great guy, and smart, too, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2431850&postcount=11

BAM
04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Well... as far as I know, these guys don't get paid to talk up to certain standards. Their paycheck is made on the field. As long as he lives up to his 1st round pick status, then he can talk however he chooses.

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow, some people are really touchy. He's prolly a great guy, and smart, too, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2431850&postcount=11

I think we as Bills fans trash our own too much at times. :nod: I'm guilty of that at times.

mybills
04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Emmitt's worse! :chuckle:

patmoran2006
04-29-2008, 11:27 AM
IM as hard on some players as anybody but here. But who gives a **** how he speaks.

As long as he does the right thing on and off the field, that's all that matters.. And I've talked to someone who has spoken with him since he's been here, and he said he was a very polite kid.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
He was on 97 Rock on Monday and it was funny to hear him talk about going to class still. He said that he was getting ready to go to school. The kid will be a millionaire soon and he is still just a regular college kid. He did mention that he did buy an Escalade with his trading card money, but he didn't pay for it all in cash because he wanted to build up his credit rating.

mybills
04-29-2008, 11:30 AM
As long as he does the right thing on and off the field, that's all that matters.
thanks for the info. :doh:

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 11:38 AM
He was on 97 Rock on Monday and it was funny to hear him talk about going to class still. He said that he was getting ready to go to school. The kid will be a millionaire soon and he is still just a regular college kid. He did mention that he did buy an Escalade with his trading card money, but he didn't pay for it all in cash because he wanted to build up his credit rating.'

That's smart!!!

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2008, 11:52 AM
He is going to graduate this summer with a college degree in sports management.

He is not dumb.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2008, 11:54 AM
He was on 97 Rock on Monday and it was funny to hear him talk about going to class still. He said that he was getting ready to go to school. The kid will be a millionaire soon and he is still just a regular college kid. He did mention that he did buy an Escalade with his trading card money, but he didn't pay for it all in cash because he wanted to build up his credit rating.

I heard that too and he sounded plenty smart to me.

hydro
04-29-2008, 11:57 AM

Wow, I would like to know how many kids out of college think like that. Most probably don't even know what a credit rating is.

baalworship
04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Whitner will show him what he has to do.

All he has to be able to do is remember the number of the player is supposed to cover.

"Hey Leodis, there's Randy Moss. Cover him."

Hopefully he can be like Peters. Remember how Peters was too dumb to play o-line? They asked Peters after he played Jason Taylor how he did it. His answer was brilliant. "I just blocked him, " was his answer.

camelcowboy
04-29-2008, 12:05 PM
please can I just have one groan back? Just for this thread. I bet our first round pick could post better then some of you clowns.

madness
04-29-2008, 12:30 PM
I put more value in what his scouting reports say...

"Can take the plays from the chalkboard to the field with just a few reps..."

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
If the way he speaks is reflective of his intelligence, then I guess I have another person from Georgia to put on ignore. :snicker:

Uhhh, Dick Jauron likes smart players, if he was "dumb" he wouldn't be with the Bills!!! Helloooo!!!

madness
04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Uhhh, Dick Jauron likes smart players, if he was "dumb" he wouldn't be with the Bills!!! Helloooo!!!

You missed the point. :sigh:

TigerJ
04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I really think he has a speech impediment. A speech impediment does not mean stupid however, and McKelvin is actually considered to be a smart cornerback.

blackonyx89
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I really think he has a speech impediment. A speech impediment does not mean stupid however, and McKelvin is actually considered to be a smart cornerback.

That very well could be it. I don't care if he's a stutterer, if run, jump, knock
balls down or intercept the football on a Pro Bowl level, Bills fans would care less if he has an impediment!!!

cocamide
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I really think he has a speech impediment.

It's called "Being from Alabama"

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 01:29 PM
yeah this guy sounds ******ed, although i must admit i said that about marshawn last year and now i love him...

Jan Reimers
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Aren't we all a bit quick to judge on this board?

Dr. Pepper
04-29-2008, 01:41 PM
He doesn't sound nearly as bad as I expected after reading all the comments from here....

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2008, 02:13 PM

all?

Night Train
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I already knew he would never write my prescription for Zocor.

He's here to cover WR's.

historypete
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM

The thing about Pat Williams is that he overcame a stutter problem, if I remember correctly.

I haven't heard McKelvin talk yet, but isn't he from the DEEEEEEP SOUTH? So I don't have an opinion on him, but after living in the not so deep south south a few years, when you get out in the sticks, the language can get pretty brutal.

Luisito23
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM

:bf1:

Marvelous
04-29-2008, 09:58 PM
He has some speech problems it sounds like

"Who do you remind yourself of?"
loooong pause
"um...
I remind myself of..
um..."
pause
"no a i mean a deon sanders did a lot of things that I did..."

that was all I could decipher - the rest was jibberish.

He likes his wings hot though.

Did you postthe same thing at the official sites message board? I was browsing there 2 hours ago & read the same message... EXACTLY the same...

:deadhorse:

Leodis is very ghetto. But it's not like he's coming over for dinner. He is our future shutdown cCorner who we will LOVE because of his abilities, not because of his social shortcomings...
--Advice to all offended--learn to accept the ghetto mentality because it's youth of today & see my coming over for dinner comments....
--Leodis is A-OK w/ me :smile:

HAMMER
04-29-2008, 10:14 PM

Yes we are, me included.

He is just a kid and I'm sure if he is reading these boards he is probably not feeling to good right now. It is time to move on, he is a part of the Buffalo community now, support the man.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2008, 10:21 PM
And, like I said earlier he is clearly not "dumb"

He graduates this summer.

Likely he is smarter than most of the people who called him dumb.

TigerJ
04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
It's called "Being from Alabama"

I went to seminary with a guy from South Alabama, and a couple others from rural Tennessee, and another from rural South Carolina. I'm very familiar with a number of different southern dialects, and I think I can recognize one. I suppose it's possible he was just raised around people who talk that way, but that would not be my best guess.

hydro
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes we are, me included.

He is just a kid and I'm sure if he is reading these boards he is probably not feeling to good right now. It is time to move on, he is a part of the Buffalo community now, support the man.

:bf1:

Jan Reimers
04-30-2008, 04:36 AM
all?
Sorry. Should have said "some of us."

YardRat
04-30-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm waiting for a couple years down the road, when the first corner drafted is asked the same question and he answers 'Leodis McKelvin'.