X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

William James

It looks like he will be competing with Corner and Youboty for the 4th corner spot?
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Re: William James

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
    It looks like he will be competing with Corner and Youboty for the 4th corner spot?
    Youboty is a bust and might be long gone by the time the final roster is settled anyway.

~The Answer

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
      I look at it like theres gonna be a great battle for #2 all the way to #5.

Can we say yet that out of Greer, Youbouty, James, McKelvin, Corner, and Cox any are proven to be better than the other in the NFL? Only Greer is a proven Bills commodity, and only James and Greer have played in the NFL.

I think we only hear half the story when these guys have the pressers after getting signed. I think they often say, "they brought me in here to be the other starting corner". But stop too short before finishing the rest of what they were told which is something like, "but we have open competition here".

If I was convinced I should be a starting CB, and that I was the best player to be the #2 CB, I wouldnt be worried about anything. If they ARE, that says something.

Comment

• DrGraves
        • Mar 2008

there is no way james is battling for number 2. if they didnt pick mckelvin be a nickel back.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I think James will at the very least compete to start. We could see both McKelvin and James starting and McGee and Greer competing for nickel. That may make him a much more effective KO returner. This coming training camp is Youboty's last chance to prove to the Bills he shouldn't be cut.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• clumping platelets

It will be Greer and Youboty on the bubble not James

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
              It will be Greer and Youboty on the bubble not James
              and Greer outdistanced Youbouty by a mile last year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I honestly think McGee and Greer will be "penciled" in but I think it's pretty much wide open for any of them to step up. I would say that no one's spot is guaranteed.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

If James outplays the others he could be the #2 guy. I doubt McKelvin will start right away. No need to be pissed. Just take care of his stuff and don;t worry about the other guys. It only makes the Bills that much better. With so many 3 and 4 wide receiver sets there will be plenty of play time.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

all of our corners are gonna play a lot.

inspite of our horrible stats last year we forced plenty of third and longs -- we just weren't able to stop teams on them well enough.

we will be seeing lots of 3 4 and 5 wide on 3rd and many -- having enough cover guys will alow us to blitz, get sacks and turnovers, and see balls hit the ground or guys gaining 8 on 3rd and 14.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

McKelvin is projected as starting nickel as of now. The CB battle is going to be one of the most interesting parts of camp.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

McKelvin will definitely have to earn the #2 spot in the pre-season just like Poz did last year.

Assuming he gets the #2 spot, I would think James and Greer would be going for the #3 spot.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Top Dog
                          • Jan 2003

I'm not sure why some are so quick to dismiss Greer. Considering Buffalo's pass rush was a non-factor last year, I think he actually played pretty well.
                          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by madness
                            McKelvin is projected as starting nickel as of now. The CB battle is going to be one of the most interesting parts of camp.

no its gonna be hardy jumping over them and making them look silly

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                            X