• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Mcshay and Dr Z.. both liked our draft

Maybe the sky isn't falling? It looks like a lot of people are heated that we didn't draft one of the "name" TE's. I don't think it was an oversight though. I think it has to do with the teams strategy. They want a TE that can block, that's it. They're not interested in a playmaker.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Mcshay and Dr Z.. both liked our draft

Comment

• Confused
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jun 2007

thanks.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

It was interesting to hear Modrak say how disappointed he was that the Jets picked Kellar right before us...

I think he was coming from the perspective of being worried about playing against him rather than missing out on drafting him.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

From what I've read, Fine is a sure-handed receiver in short yardage situations, with smarts and a high motor. He is neither fast nor a great blocker.

I think we got him to be a guy who Trent can dump the ball off to in our 3-step drop scheme. We've got Evans, Hardy and Parrish to stretch the field.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by coastal
            It was interesting to hear Modrak say how disappointed he was that the Jets picked Kellar right before us...

I think he was coming from the perspective of being worried about playing against him rather than missing out on drafting him.
            I got the exact same thing out of it.
            Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
            And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

Working...
            X