Bills record prediction afetr the draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills record prediction afetr the draft.

9-7.

Obviously, we'll have a better idea after camp but I don't see enough here to do better.

I think the Bills played worse than there 7-9 record. I think this year the Bills will play better than there eventual 9-7 record.

On offense we added Hardy and replaced Gaines with Fine. Not sure how that makes us incredibly better. We have a first year OC and he won't make any mistakes? Sorry but we'll be improved but not by much.

The D looks a little better. I think having Hargroves replacement, Stroud, Mitchell and a full secondary will help. I still think that Jacksonville realizes the importance of an outside pass rush and the Bills will need another year to figure it out.

9-7 and hope the Bills get a lot of abuse and really make the necessary moves.
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: Bills record prediction afetr the draft.

D- we have filled our big need at cb, and improved up front with stroud. the d will be better but it is still only an injury or two away from being not so good...

grade- much improved (if it can stay healthy)

O- I like the hardy pick, but history tells us that rook's dont do much at wr... i dont like that we neglected the te spot either. i think the line will be solid and marshawn will do well. i think edwards plays well after having a season under his belt.

grade- (slightly improved)

Translation- last year was remarkable that the bills were 7-9 with a nearly dead last offense and defense. the bills were very close to having a few more wins, but also were very close to having a few more losses. i believe the record to be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

I think the Bills will show much improvement on both sides of the ball, however the lack of depth on the roster and the inexperience will halt the bills at 8-8 this year. realistically the bills are still one year away from the playoffs in the strong afc. (certainly would be a playoff team in the nfc)

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I predict their record of last year will still be 7-9. Other than that I'll have to wait and see the team develope with the new guys.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

9-7.hmm NO-WAY.. We we're 7-9 with the worst season of injuries in Bills history... I say a 0 win season with no playoffs. But 10 wins will please me alot. Esp the future of our team.. Maybe NE falls this year. Brady hurt,,BB suspended etc..Anything can happen..If NE falls then this is our year for the AFC east..

WHen was it..Oh yes...
        1995 AFC east champions.. wow!
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I'm sticking with 7-9. The O is still going to hold the D back- James Hardy and Teyo Johnson simply aren't enough.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            • Apr 2008

I'm going optimistic with 10-6....

A healthy D, Edwards and Lynch more comfortable in their 2nd years, the O line had a year to gel, Hardy as a new red zone target....

We managed to go 7-9 (with very close losses against Denver and Dallas) while ranked 30th and 31st in O and D..... just think what we can do when we improve those #'s.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
              I'm going optimistic with 10-6....

A healthy D, Edwards and Lynch more comfortable in their 2nd years, the O line had a year to gel, Hardy as a new red zone target....

We managed to go 7-9 (with very close losses against Denver and Dallas) while ranked 30th and 31st in O and D..... just think what we can do when we improve those #'s.
              the thing you're forgetting is that this O sucks so bad that it can improve and still completely blow. An extra year for Lynch and Edwards plus Hardy might get us to 24th or 25th. Technically it's improvement, but it still sucks.

As far as the D- it's vastly improved but the O is going to hold it back. No D is good after being on the field for 35 minutes.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Miami and Jets improved. Bills might end up spliting games with them. Oakland/KC are also improved.

5-11

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

16 wins.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

8-8
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      the thing you're forgetting is that this O sucks so bad that it can improve and still completely blow. An extra year for Lynch and Edwards plus Hardy might get us to 24th or 25th. Technically it's improvement, but it still sucks.

As far as the D- it's vastly improved but the O is going to hold it back. No D is good after being on the field for 35 minutes.
                      I understand your point and I agree to an extent, but: even with a slightly improved offense last year (24th or 25th) we probably beat Denver week 1, Dallas monday night, and possibly the Browns in the snow. That would bring us to 10-6 right there. This year our schedule is easier as well.

I'm being more optimistic than realistic but I think it's feasible.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

I'm going with a 10-6 record based off of our FA signings on defense and our solid draft. Our OL builds continuity and continues to get better and become a force. Marshawn carries our offense and hits the 1,500 yard mark for the first time in his pro career. On the defensive side of the ball Marcus Stroud gets back to his pro-bowl status and keeps guys off of our healthy Paul Posluszny. McKelvin and Simpson go on a head hunting mission lead by Whitner forming a hard hitting trio in the secondary. I'm smelling a playoff birth for the Bills.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

I'd like to see them in training camp. maybe see a few preseason game.s. and how the roster shakes out... but i'm leaning toward anywhere from 8-8 and 10-6.

I want to see TE take the next step before I'm comfortable predicting 10-6
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

right now....

0-0.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

8-8

We are stronger with our starters this year - Mitchell and Stroud plus Posluzny and Simpson back.

Our offence is marginally better if Hardy comes along.

However we will suffer injuries and our depth is weaker. Our injuries were on the Defence last year and we should just struggle by here, but our offence hasn't really improved, and if players go down on the OL, then we are in real trouble and that is why Day2 of the draft blew. Focus on Special Teams niche players once you have decent depth on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X