PDA

View Full Version : Bills record prediction afetr the draft.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2008, 09:47 PM
9-7.

Obviously, we'll have a better idea after camp but I don't see enough here to do better.

I think the Bills played worse than there 7-9 record. I think this year the Bills will play better than there eventual 9-7 record.

On offense we added Hardy and replaced Gaines with Fine. Not sure how that makes us incredibly better. We have a first year OC and he won't make any mistakes? Sorry but we'll be improved but not by much.

The D looks a little better. I think having Hargroves replacement, Stroud, Mitchell and a full secondary will help. I still think that Jacksonville realizes the importance of an outside pass rush and the Bills will need another year to figure it out.

9-7 and hope the Bills get a lot of abuse and really make the necessary moves.

DrGraves
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
D- we have filled our big need at cb, and improved up front with stroud. the d will be better but it is still only an injury or two away from being not so good...

grade- much improved (if it can stay healthy)

O- I like the hardy pick, but history tells us that rook's dont do much at wr... i dont like that we neglected the te spot either. i think the line will be solid and marshawn will do well. i think edwards plays well after having a season under his belt.

grade- (slightly improved)

Translation- last year was remarkable that the bills were 7-9 with a nearly dead last offense and defense. the bills were very close to having a few more wins, but also were very close to having a few more losses. i believe the record to be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

I think the Bills will show much improvement on both sides of the ball, however the lack of depth on the roster and the inexperience will halt the bills at 8-8 this year. realistically the bills are still one year away from the playoffs in the strong afc. (certainly would be a playoff team in the nfc)

LABillsFan
04-29-2008, 09:57 PM
I predict their record of last year will still be 7-9. Other than that I'll have to wait and see the team develope with the new guys.

Marvelous
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
9-7.hmm NO-WAY.. We we're 7-9 with the worst season of injuries in Bills history... I say a 0 win season with no playoffs. But 10 wins will please me alot. Esp the future of our team.. Maybe NE falls this year. Brady hurt,,BB suspended etc..Anything can happen..If NE falls then this is our year for the AFC east..

WHen was it..Oh yes...
1995 AFC east champions.. wow! :couch:

OpIv37
04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm sticking with 7-9. The O is still going to hold the D back- James Hardy and Teyo Johnson simply aren't enough.

Dr. Pepper
04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm going optimistic with 10-6....

A healthy D, Edwards and Lynch more comfortable in their 2nd years, the O line had a year to gel, Hardy as a new red zone target....

We managed to go 7-9 (with very close losses against Denver and Dallas) while ranked 30th and 31st in O and D..... just think what we can do when we improve those #'s.

OpIv37
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm going optimistic with 10-6....

A healthy D, Edwards and Lynch more comfortable in their 2nd years, the O line had a year to gel, Hardy as a new red zone target....

We managed to go 7-9 (with very close losses against Denver and Dallas) while ranked 30th and 31st in O and D..... just think what we can do when we improve those #'s.
the thing you're forgetting is that this O sucks so bad that it can improve and still completely blow. An extra year for Lynch and Edwards plus Hardy might get us to 24th or 25th. Technically it's improvement, but it still sucks.

As far as the D- it's vastly improved but the O is going to hold it back. No D is good after being on the field for 35 minutes.

TacklingDummy
04-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Miami and Jets improved. Bills might end up spliting games with them. Oakland/KC are also improved.

5-11

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:48 PM
16 wins.

Devin
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
8-8

Dr. Pepper
04-29-2008, 10:53 PM
the thing you're forgetting is that this O sucks so bad that it can improve and still completely blow. An extra year for Lynch and Edwards plus Hardy might get us to 24th or 25th. Technically it's improvement, but it still sucks.

As far as the D- it's vastly improved but the O is going to hold it back. No D is good after being on the field for 35 minutes.

I understand your point and I agree to an extent, but: even with a slightly improved offense last year (24th or 25th) we probably beat Denver week 1, Dallas monday night, and possibly the Browns in the snow. That would bring us to 10-6 right there. This year our schedule is easier as well.

I'm being more optimistic than realistic but I think it's feasible.

PECKERWOOD
04-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm going with a 10-6 record based off of our FA signings on defense and our solid draft. Our OL builds continuity and continues to get better and become a force. Marshawn carries our offense and hits the 1,500 yard mark for the first time in his pro career. On the defensive side of the ball Marcus Stroud gets back to his pro-bowl status and keeps guys off of our healthy Paul Posluszny. McKelvin and Simpson go on a head hunting mission lead by Whitner forming a hard hitting trio in the secondary. I'm smelling a playoff birth for the Bills.

Ingtar33
04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
I'd like to see them in training camp. maybe see a few preseason game.s. and how the roster shakes out... but i'm leaning toward anywhere from 8-8 and 10-6.

I want to see TE take the next step before I'm comfortable predicting 10-6

Ebenezer
04-30-2008, 01:36 AM
right now....

0-0.

kernowboy
04-30-2008, 02:20 AM
8-8

We are stronger with our starters this year - Mitchell and Stroud plus Posluzny and Simpson back.

Our offence is marginally better if Hardy comes along.

However we will suffer injuries and our depth is weaker. Our injuries were on the Defence last year and we should just struggle by here, but our offence hasn't really improved, and if players go down on the OL, then we are in real trouble and that is why Day2 of the draft blew. Focus on Special Teams niche players once you have decent depth on both sides of the ball.

jamze132
04-30-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm going with an 8-8 right now until I see how many players we dump to IR... if no one significant goes, I will bump up to 9-7.

Bert102176
04-30-2008, 06:08 AM
TE at QB 6-10
JP at QB 9-7

X-Era
04-30-2008, 06:49 AM
9-7.

Obviously, we'll have a better idea after camp but I don't see enough here to do better.

I think the Bills played worse than there 7-9 record. I think this year the Bills will play better than there eventual 9-7 record.

On offense we added Hardy and replaced Gaines with Fine. Not sure how that makes us incredibly better. We have a first year OC and he won't make any mistakes? Sorry but we'll be improved but not by much.

The D looks a little better. I think having Hargroves replacement, Stroud, Mitchell and a full secondary will help. I still think that Jacksonville realizes the importance of an outside pass rush and the Bills will need another year to figure it out.

im going to wish for 10 wins.

Easier schedule
less injuries
Poz back
Hardy adding height in the red zone
Evans getting less coverage
Lynch getting even more yards
Edwards having a full offseason as the starter, more confidence, more time to jell with his WR's
More quality help in the secondary
Mitchell bringing SB experience and a vet presence
Stroud helping the DE's get more sacks and improve our run D

I think its got potential to be a 10 win season. I think it really hinges on Edwards... no pressure.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm thinking 9-7 at this point and I've got a 2 year accuracy streak on the line...

don137
04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
It all depends upon injuries, the maturation of Edwards and how fast Hardy can adjust to the NFL. If the Bills remain relatively injury free, Edwards noticeably improves and Hardy adjust well this team has the makings of an 11-5 team. Realistically I would say 9-7.
The OL really progressed as the year went on and should only get better. With McKelvin, Parrish and McGee the Bills special teams hopefully will help out the offense by giving them good field position. If the defense stays healthy they can be really be a top 10 defense.
I really think the Bills has a great foundation.

tampabay25690
04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
10-6
Reason being I think the Bills have a better schedule this year.
Last year we had to play Denver, Pitt and NE the 1st 3 games...
This year we should be able to go 2-1 at least. I think the game at JAX will be a tuff one especially when I have JAX as the representative of the AFC this year in TAMPA at the Bowl......

Love what they did in the draft and the offseason....CB was something I knew they would target in the 1st and they did that and more adding 2 more players in the later rounds. WR HARDY I love the pick reminds me of PLEXICO but possibly faster. TE I actually like ROYAL, and Anderson, so the pickup of FINE was a good 1 at that point of the draft.

I expect a much better team this year. It helps when your defense isn't on the field all game, and I think this defense will be much better....

baalworship
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
10-6. This assumes some of the following happen:

1. Turk Schonert is at least mediocre...which would be an upgrade over Fairchild.

2. Trent Edwards improves and practices outside.

3. Lee Evans plays big in his contract year.

4. Hardy is a red zone threat.

I am not worried about D as much because Fewell is really good and we have a lot more talent there.

justasportsfan
04-30-2008, 01:13 PM
9-7.

whats up with this then?

Not overly impressed. See us running in place.

Well, we got an above average LB and an above average, injured, DT.

We released Price and Tripplett.

Why am I supposed to believe we are better than 7-9 again?

The draft is going to get us a Peeless replacement and a secound round CB..

Bone
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
11-5.

dannyek71
04-30-2008, 01:19 PM
8-8

TE is leading passer. 12 starts. JP gets 4
Marshawn is leading rusher
Josh Reed is leading reciever
Poz is leading tackler
Ahston Youbouty or Greer emerge as corners equal to TM.

hydro
04-30-2008, 01:37 PM
9-7

justasportsfan
04-30-2008, 01:39 PM
10-6

sdbillsfan2
04-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't see how the record can be any better then 8-8 considering the fish and Jets won't be as easy to push around this year. Everyone learned the way to beat the Pats is to put constant pressure on Brady. I agree.
But ..the same guys going after Brady this year will be going after TE or JP too.
I'd love to say we'll win 11 games, but it ain't happening.
I think people here are expecting TE to be the answer. I don't see him finishing the season. I have a gut feeling he'll hit the IR before Dec,
JP isn't the answer at this point and we'll be looking for a QB in next years draft ,not only to replace JP but to compete for the starting job.
Now , On the other hand my predictions are usually wrong, so take it or leave it!

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2008, 02:00 PM
19-0.

And Angelina Jolie on her knee proposes to me. :flowers:

yordad
04-30-2008, 02:06 PM
im going to wish for 10 wins.

Easier schedule
less injuries
Poz back
Hardy adding height in the red zone
Evans getting less coverage
Lynch getting even more yards
Edwards having a full offseason as the starter, more confidence, more time to jell with his WR's
More quality help in the secondary
Mitchell bringing SB experience and a vet presence
Stroud helping the DE's get more sacks and improve our run D

I think its got potential to be a 10 win season. I think it really hinges on Edwards... no pressure.Well, I will just quote this. :rockon:

Jan Reimers
04-30-2008, 02:17 PM
10-6. The D is much improved, and the O is good enough to win us a couple of games that we would have lost last season.

trapezeus
04-30-2008, 02:21 PM
this is pretty hard. There are so many x factors and geling/timing issues. On paper with a touch of hope, i can see them going 10-6. If the same slow start out the gate happens then it's middle of the road. If we get injuries on top of it, then bottom of the pack.

And the thing that makes it annoying is there is a new OC, and new defensive players who may not know the system cold. I put the chances of another slow start at 65-75%. And then all our hope will have crashed and burned yet again in the opening weeks of september. BOOOO!

LABillsFan
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
I don't pay attention to "strength of schedule" before the season even starts. There are so many variables that can not be calculated such as FA losses or pick ups, draftees, match ups i.e., the Raiders seem to bring it when playing the Bills the last few times. I know it can be fun to think about, but can be way misleading.

Confused
04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
11-5. there i said it.

DraftBoy
04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Draft disappointed me so I'm lowering my expectations to 9-7 from 10-6.

OpIv37
04-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I understand your point and I agree to an extent, but: even with a slightly improved offense last year (24th or 25th) we probably beat Denver week 1, Dallas monday night, and possibly the Browns in the snow. That would bring us to 10-6 right there. This year our schedule is easier as well.

I'm being more optimistic than realistic but I think it's feasible.

fair enough-we'll agree to disagree, especially since you understand that it's an optimistic prediction.

YardRat
04-30-2008, 08:00 PM
At this point anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7.

OpIv37
04-30-2008, 08:03 PM
At this point anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7.

while I find this prediction to be reasonable, I'm still irritated. Why? Because that's been a reasonable prediction for the last 3 years. It would be nice to finally take a step forward.

Don't Panic
04-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I think we're ready to take that step... between 9 and 11 wins is a reasonable expectation. I'll say 10-6 with a Wild Card (and playing their best ball at the end of the year). If we could get one playoff win I'd consider the season a success, and a huge step towards making a run in '09.

I have more realistic hope looking at this Bills team than I've had for any team in the last 10 years outside of Bledsoe's first season.... and it's about equal to what I felt going into that season.

Kerr
04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
I haven't felt this good about this team after a draft in a long time. I feel they're 95% complete with the puzzle to get to that next step. I'm leaning towards, at worse, a wild card spot.

Goobylal
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
The Bills will go at least 10-6. They should go at least 3-1 against the Dols and Jets (possibly losing at the Jets), and I see them splitting with the Pats (winning the game in Buffalo at least because it's the season-ender and the Pats will likely have nothing to play for). Then I see them going 4-0 and no worse than 3-1 against the NFC West, which is a bad division. I also see them beating the Raiders, Chefs, and Cleveland.

Illmatic15
04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Think positive everyone! it has been 10 years and its our time now to make the playoffs! 10-6!