PDA

View Full Version : Can we use all this new Income for a signing bonus for one of the big name FA??

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Let's take all those Millions and grab another WR (Bolding, Willams, heck even Chad J.), Put the coin down to pay Lee and Grab Shockey so we have a big time TE. Give up some of next years draft and stock our offense for years to come. We can use this money to keep the annual salaries down and get a loaded gun ready to go off.

We win all the games on Madden with this scenario as well, death to all who oppose us !!!
:rockon:

OpIv37
04-29-2008, 10:23 PM
wishful thinking- pretty much what you see at this point is what you get.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:26 PM
wishful thinking- pretty much what you see at this point is what you get.

If your holding $78 Million cash and have ~$30 Million in cap space to use this year, you buy down your future obligations and field a stronger team. What good is cash to cap if you do not spend close to your annual money to build your team over the years. We're in our 3rd rebuilding year, now it's time to field them and hope they use our weak schedule to bring us to the playoffs. We may not see a better time to bump up our roster in the forseeable future and a run is more than possible.

hydro
04-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Is this 78 million a lump sum? I doubt it...

mysticsoto
04-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Shouldn't we try and use that money to resign Evans?

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:30 PM

We know it's coming, get more talent at key positions. (No more CB's, lol.)

Ebenezer
of course RW could use that money on signing bonuses...that should be the point of them.

OpIv37

yes but he'd be stupid to sign. Salaries for FA's are skyrocketing and there is no way the Bills can offer him enough to discourage him from testing the open market.

Ebenezer
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
even if it is 5 yearly installments of $14.5 mil that could go to sign somebody.

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM

:band: Put the coin down to pay Lee .

Mitchy moo
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
even if it is 5 yearly installments of $14.5 mil that could go to sign somebody.

That's my point, put the money on the table to buy down future obligations on somebody.

OpIv37
04-29-2008, 10:33 PM
If your holding $78 Million cash and have ~$30 Million in cap space to use this year, you buy down your future obligations and field a stronger team. What good is cash to cap if you do not spend close to your annual money to build your team over the years. We're in our 3rd rebuilding year, now it's time to field them and hope they use our weak schedule to bring us to the playoffs. We may not see a better time to bump up our roster in the forseeable future and a run is more than possible.

at the very least they should try to re-sign some guys like Evans, but don't count on it because of what I said above. It's money directly out of Ralph's pocket so what's his motivation to pay someone?

Aside from that, any of the guys you mentioned will want long term deals and we won't have this much cash to cap every year.

hydro
04-29-2008, 10:34 PM
I really don't see someone taking a trade for picks that are basically a year away. Has there ever been a big trade with draft picks before the football season ever started?

raphael120
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Ralphs going to pocket all that cash so he can have a big fat burial with cranes and big buildings in Toronto.

kernowboy
04-30-2008, 03:20 AM
There is no guarantee these guys will come here and repeat their success.

There are guys coming out in 2009 who might be better than Boldin and Williams and definitely will not have the anti-team attitude of Chad Johnson.

Shockey is a cancer and 2009 is looking like the best year for Tight Ends, maybe ever ... why sacrifice getting a quality player and person?

We may offer Evans the cash, but he needs to want to accept it. We must accept that if he is a wantaway, then we need to franchise him and get at least a Round 1 and a Round 3 for him, to draft a direct replacement and use the extra pick on a TE and maybe a LB replacement for injury prone Angelo if we choose not to retain him, especially if he wants too much.