PDA

View Full Version : almost official Sabres headed to Portland, Maine

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-29-2008, 10:57 PM
It will most likely be the last time the you’ll see this group players on the ice for the Pirates as next season it’s expected to be the Buffalo Sabres providing the talent here in Portland. It’s expected the Anaheim will relocate to Des Moines, Iowa for next season after it was announced earlier this week that Dallas and Iowa were going there separate ways.
http://mvn.com/ahl-pirates/2008/04/27/pirates-head-home-down-0-2/

Ebenezer
04-29-2008, 11:01 PM
for the 100,000th time...I couldn't care where they play...I have a backyard they can play on...just develop good talent.

clumping platelets
04-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Portland, Maine isn't that far away

Dude
04-30-2008, 06:54 AM
The dude who wrote that article needs an editor in the worst way. Either that or an education.

don137
04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
for the 100,000th time...I couldn't care where they play...I have a backyard they can play on...just develop good talent.

I think the Sabres fans that live in Rochester care where they play. Being a life long Sabres fan I know when I lived in Rochester it was great seeing the young talent and older veterans play in Rochester. I remember guys like Yvon Lambert, Richie Dunn and Lindy Ruff finishing there careers in Rochester as well as seeing guys like Biron, Cunneyworth, Pominville, Roy, Campbell, Gaustad, Miller, Ray, etc start their careers in Rochester and then root for them as they get promoted to Buffalo. It also helped regionalize the franchise but I do not blame Buffalo for leaving after the way Donner has boned them over.

Ebenezer
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
I think the Sabres fans that live in Rochester care where they play. Being a life long Sabres fan I know when I lived in Rochester it was great seeing the young talent and older veterans play in Rochester. I remember guys like Yvon Lambert, Richie Dunn and Lindy Ruff finishing there careers in Rochester as well as seeing guys like Biron, Cunneyworth, Pominville, Roy, Campbell, Gaustad, Miller, Ray, etc start their careers in Rochester and then root for them as they get promoted to Buffalo. It also helped regionalize the franchise but I do not blame Buffalo for leaving after the way Donner has boned them over.

Don, I meant no disrespect to the fans who enjoy(ed) the Amerks. My point was not the city in which they play but the fact that we have had like 20 of these "Portland new farmclub threads", "Buffalo to move AHL team to Portland", etc. Personally, these threads are useless. Once an agreement is made, regardless the city, then it can be posted and people can comment. There has been more talk about the placement of the team, city-wise, rather than the potential talent, and the degree of importance to the future of the Sabres, that will be groomed on that team. Truly, which is more important?

Michael82
04-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Exactly! Good post, don! :bf1:

don137
05-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Don, I meant no disrespect to the fans who enjoy(ed) the Amerks. My point was not the city in which they play but the fact that we have had like 20 of these "Portland new farmclub threads", "Buffalo to move AHL team to Portland", etc. Personally, these threads are useless. Once an agreement is made, regardless the city, then it can be posted and people can comment. There has been more talk about the placement of the team, city-wise, rather than the potential talent, and the degree of importance to the future of the Sabres, that will be groomed on that team. Truly, which is more important?

Agreed. The Portland is the new Sabres farm club stories are getting old. Its like announcing every week for the next 8 weeks that McKelvin is the Sabres first round selection.