PDA

View Full Version : Sean Avery rushed to hospital

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Rangers bad boy Sean Avery, unconscious and not breathing, was rushed to a Manhattan hospital Wednesday in cardiac arrest just hours after his team's playoff loss, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_sources_rangers_star_sean_avery_hospital.html

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Lacerated spleen is the updated news.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=236340&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

RockStar36
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
So he is out for one more game.

The bad person in me says "well, he's ok so I guess that's good but it would've been nice if his career was over."

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I thought this was going to be a choking on malkin's jock reference.

shelby
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Same injury Chris Simms had.....

RockStar36
04-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Same injury Chris Simms had.....

So maybe it will be career threatening? Don't get me so excited shelby.

hydro
04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
:rofl: @ RS. It feels so wrong to think like this but yet I can't help it.

BlackMetalNinja
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
I'm kind of surprised at all the hate for him. He fills a role and fills it damn well, you'd be loving it if we had the same thing in Buffalo. Sure, he's an ass a lot of the time, but he does it to get under the skin of other teams and cause them to take foolish penalties. He's also got some offensive talent on top of that. If Kaleta could do the same, I'd be loving every second of it.

Regardless of his douchebagness, I hope he's alright, serious medical conditions aren't cool no matter who is dealing with them.

RockStar36
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
He is just a huge dick. I can't stand him. He talks so much ****, plays semi-dirty, and acts like he is such a great player. I want to see a stick swung at his head everytime he plays.

On that note, hopefully he is ok. I don't actually wish any real harm done to him on this. Hopefully he does come back and play (so someone can hit him with a stick).

OpIv37
04-30-2008, 08:18 PM
rushed to the hospital? Why'd they have to rush?

OpIv37
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm kind of surprised at all the hate for him. He fills a role and fills it damn well, you'd be loving it if we had the same thing in Buffalo. Sure, he's an ass a lot of the time, but he does it to get under the skin of other teams and cause them to take foolish penalties. He's also got some offensive talent on top of that. If Kaleta could do the same, I'd be loving every second of it.

Regardless of his douchebagness, I hope he's alright, serious medical conditions aren't cool no matter who is dealing with them.

there are ways to play hard without taking it to the level that Avery does. I remember in the playoff series last year, he punched Briere in the face on a face off BEFORE the puck even dropped. All the ref did was kick him out of the circle- it should have been a roughing penalty.

He definitely has some hockey skill- he doesn't need the gimmick antics. Save that for a goon.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Rangers bad boy Sean Avery, unconscious and not breathing, was rushed to a Manhattan hospital Wednesday in cardiac arrest just hours after his team's playoff loss, sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/2008/04/30/2008-04-30_sources_rangers_star_sean_avery_hospital.html

story updated

The team also denied a published report in the New York Daily News -- which first reported Avery's hospitalization -- that the forward had been taken to a Manhattan hospital while unconscious and in cardiac arrest.

The Rangers said Avery was admitted to St. Vincent's Medical Center following a CT scan and is expected to make a full recovery. Avery walked into the medical facility with team doctor Andrew Feldman, and the two took a car to the hospital, not an emergency vehicle, the team said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3375123

BSU Drew
04-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Hope he's ok... As much as a I hate him.