PDA

View Full Version : Losman still a Bill

Losman4Life
04-30-2008, 08:09 PM
I told you that JP wouldn't be traded and I told you that he is going to be our starting QB in 2008. Even the Buffalo News had an article about how the new front office wants JP here and is committed to him.

We had a great draft and added some big time weapons like Hardy and that TE from Kansas and Evans will be back to his TD catching ways with JP behind center.

GO JP and Go Bills!!!

Don't Panic
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I'll say this... Jp still has a place in my heart and I wish him the best, whether here or elsewhere. Unfotunately, he is squarely the #2 QB going into this season and barring an injury or god-awful play from Trent, he'll stay in that spot. Trent seems to have all the pieces in place (returning OLine, diversity of weapons at the 'skill' positions, a year under his belt) to succeed, so I wouldn't get too hyped to to see him falter. JP will be, if he's here, one of the better backups in the league this year.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-30-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't care who the QB is as long as they get W's.

im4bflo
04-30-2008, 09:14 PM
We needed them both last year, and I bet we need them both this year.
And one of them will play better in the new system, and that will be our starter when we FINALLY make the PLAYOFFS!!!

TacklingDummy
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I hope we don't see JP on the field this year. If we do it means either A) Trent got hurt or B) Trent sucked.

Ebenezer
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
I hope we don't see one more "JP is a Bill thread". Technically, this is spam, gents.

seanbillsfan
05-01-2008, 01:38 AM
I told you that JP wouldn't be traded and I told you that he is going to be our starting QB in 2008. Even the Buffalo News had an article about how the new front office wants JP here and is committed to him.

We had a great draft and added some big time weapons like Hardy and that TE from Kansas and Evans will be back to his TD catching ways with JP behind center.

GO JP and Go Bills!!!

i hope we have the best qb starting for us come september. i seriously doubt it will be jp.

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 01:43 AM
There is an overwhelming chance that Losman will start sometime this season so we'll see what he can do with our new offense.

jamze132
05-01-2008, 07:09 AM
I said I was all for a QB competition as long as Trent is #1 going into camp. And for JP to take the job from him, he should have to absolutely play lights out like never before. Anything less, we might as well stick with Trent since he has more upside, IMO.

Night Train
05-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Too many negative plays from JP, especially in crunch time.

I gave him a chance like everyone else but he cost us too many games.

mybills
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
JP will be, if he's here, one of the better backups in the league this year.
That's what's most important.

JP haters, bite your tongue. :up:

The King
05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I hope we don't see one more "JP is a Bill thread". Technically, this is spam, gents.

Seriously how many of my Trent threads got moved there.... like all of em.
You all owe me a sincere apology.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Agreed - so please delete this thread and start banning these lickers.:nod: :D:

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope we don't see JP on the field this year..
because you might have to ban yourself again :snicker:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:41 AM

GO JP and Go Bills!!!

I'm convinced that this is either JP himself or Lee Evans posting here.

~The Answer

Dujek
05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
The only reason Losman is still a Bill is because nobody else wanted him.

On the other hand, if you went simply on ability between Losman and the FA QBs that are out there, I'd rather have Losman backing up Edwards than any of the other available players.

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 11:10 AM
The defunct DrewLoveCrew has now become a new hellspawned JPD.

What is it with the desire to root for the proven failure? Not saying Losman couldn't ever turn it around, but doesn't look likely at this point. Why keep banging on the drum of support until he proves worthy of it?

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM

What is it with the desire to root for the proven failure? Not saying Losman couldn't ever turn it around, but doesn't look likely at this point. Why keep banging on the drum of support until he proves worthy of it?

Maybe that's part of our buffalonian-ness. We want the sucky guy to stand tall and win it all and have a huge group of naysayers be humbled. But that's a hollywood story. In real life you have to follow the trends and see what things are working and not working.

RW is partially to blame for this by bringing in second rate players and telling us that they'd get it done. and we wanted to believe because if we didn't he'd just tell us we weren't a viable market and move the team. Oh wait, he's doing that anyway.

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM

Remember those days when the QB was subject to endless attack for going 9-7 behind a swiss cheese line? You were wrong about Drew and you were wrong about JP being a savior. At least you're man enough to admit one of those wrongs.:D:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:22 AM

The Bledsoe lovers actually had a valid arguement though. At least the good old statue had led teams to the playoffs and was a legit NFL QB that put up very good numbers when he had protection. And if Bledsoe would have played 10 years earlier in the Dan Marino/Jim Kelly era he might have been the greatest QB of all time, but the game has changed and pure pocket passers that can't move around are pretty much extinct.

Losman on the other hand - he would suck in the past or future as much as he sucks now.

~The Answer

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 11:26 AM
i don't know. Drew and JP suffer from bad decision making. JP seems to just struggle with decision making in general whereas Drew wanted to hold it for one more second so he could get a longer play to develop.

Drew may have suffered because he really had some crap lines, but he struggled with goodlines, and the book was out on him by 2002, blitz him.

JP had a line that could hold last year, but he just couldn't make up his mind, or he was looking for one play only.

Both ended up being gigantic problems for the Bills.

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Remember those days when the QB was subject to endless attack for going 9-7 behind a swiss cheese line? You were wrong about Drew and you were wrong about JP being a savior. At least you're man enough to admit one of those wrongs.:D: Yes JP was not the savior, but no way to know it at the time til he got a shot.

Its still clear to this day that Drew wasn't leading the team anywhere either. So we weren't wrong about him as he proved how overrated he is in Dallas yet again.

Keep drinking the Drew kool-aid though, its still amazingly entertaining to see such delusions, even more entertaining than the new crop of Losman Lemmings!

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Never liked Drew. Always thought he was the most over rated qb in leagues history but I supported him.

What is it with the desire to root for the proven failure? because our starting qb is not proven either. We're just rooting for JP to be around in case Trent fails. Besides, nothing wrong with rooting for a bills player to get better.

I supported Robosack and Drew because they were our qb's. Even though I didn't think they'd amount to anything, I hoped they'd get better because it only helps the team if they did.

Not saying Losman couldn't ever turn it around, but doesn't look likely at this point. I'd rather see that myself than believe some of the very same people that were sold on JP who are now bashing him. I was never sold on JP and am not but I am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, after all except Dummy who thinks a qb can do it all for themselves, we all agree that JP was in a horrbile situation.

Funny thing is that anyone who is giving him the benefit of the doubt is a licker. You have to hate him in order to be on the other side. :coocoo:

Why keep banging on the drum of support until he proves worthy of it?see my first reply . See my 2nd reply to your post + I wouldn;t care lees for JP is Trent was a sure thing and no durability issues.

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
justa, your pov is objective. While I am on the other side and would prefer Trent get the shot, it is easy to agree to disagree with you, as you are not lambasting the board with emotionally driven Losman Lemming mentality posts.

You also get points for your correct statement that Drew is overrated.

:up:

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
justa, your pov is objective. While I am on the other side and would prefer Trent get the shot, it is easy to agree to disagree with you, as you are not lambasting the board with emotionally driven Losman Lemming mentality posts.

You also get points for your correct statement that Drew is overrated.

:up::up:
It's obvious that I will agree to disagree with peopel about giving up on JP as as starter. I'm neither sold or think he's a bust either but like I said, unlike you the others have the logic of "you're either with us or against us. If you don't hate JP you're a licker"

Agree todisagree that JP is done as a starter . :up: But for anyone to think he's not the best option at back up is simply :coocoo:

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Not sure what benefit it would be to bring in another backup... Seems like it would be more work than its worth, the organization cutting off its nose to spite its Losman.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Not sure what benefit it would be to bring in another backup... Seems like it would be more work than its worth,. tell that to the haters especially the ones that think Leftwitch should be brought in. If we bring in Byron, we should either start him or to say the very least have a qb competition because he's still young and definitely proven compared to Trent.

They don't want a qb competition or for Trent over his shoulders but we should bring in a more proven qb? The media will eat that up.

These people keep contradicting themselves . Whats worse is that they can't even see it.