• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Losman not the solution, even as No. 2

All right, so J. P. Losman was so unhappy at the end of last season, he asked to be traded. He felt the Bills had pulled the rug out from under him by giving the starting job to Trent Edwards. Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.

And now, because the Bills haven’t traded Losman, we’re supposed to believe it’s a good thing? Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team?

Sorry, but I don’t buy it.

Keeping Losman around is a bad idea on a number of levels. It’s unfair to Edwards, who doesn’t need Losman hanging over his shoulder for a second year. It’s unfair to the team, which was divided by the quarterback issue last season and should be allowed to move on.

And....

The Bills aren’t going anywhere if Losman has to take them. For the overall good, they should get him out of here, one way or another. I don’t care who’s the backup: Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, a free-agent rookie. Anything is better than another year of Losman.

A UDFA better than JP????

What idiocy!
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Losman not the solution, even as No. 2

Wow, you sure that wasn't written by somebody from this site? My point of view is that we all realize Losman's days here are numbered... good guy, tryed hard... didn't work.

At this point in time though, he is a serviceable #2 and I really don't think Trent has to worry about him "over his shoulder". This is Trent's job to lose at this point period, and I don't think Losman would be the one he's going to lose it to.

Without spending a bunch of money signing a free agent (basically someone of name value just to appease the fanbase, see: Culpepper, Leftwich, etc.) to sit the bench in case we need him, Losman is probably the best option. We can all hope we don't need him, and if we do, we can all hope he plays out of his mind trying to audition for his next job... but to bash him just for the sake of bashing him at this point seems kind of silly.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Be a professional, JP. Geesh- nobody got the violins out when you took someone else's job.

The NFL prooves every season that you need a serviceable backup. He's the best option the Bills have so be a professional and do your job ya whiney *****

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

I agree with the article.....a little harsh, but I agree! When Losman has played a full 16 games we lost more than we won, when he has played a half a season, we have lost more than we won.......so why is it all of a sudden if Edwards goes down, Losman is gonna be the one to lead the team to some wins....when history says differently?

Sorry for the run on sentence!
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Bottom line is.........we dont win enough games when Losman is the QB and his win/loss record compared to Holcomb and Trent's win/loss record proves me right!
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Trent's job is to worry about who is over his shoulder. I don't care if it's JP, Jim Kelly, Ghandi, or God. Trent needs to practice and play like he's scared for his job. They all should.

Unfair? Yeah, how unfair that the Bills pay Trent Edwards $$$ to play a game and then dare to employ a backup QB. Gimme a break buffalonewsguy.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

What the Edwards supporters fear is that Trent will go down or struggle....and then JP will come in and do well with the addtion of Hardy and the new Coordinater and run and pass stopping d. End of story.Trent has proven through out his career that he cant stay healthy. End of story. In this league you need 2 good starting QB's and J P has proven...at least by the numers that he is slightly better then Trent. End of story. Unless we get a decent offer from another team that out wieghs the need for a decent back up and a Cullpepper is still around to replace him..he will live out his contract. End of story. JP will never see 2009 in a Bills uniform...unless he has proven without a doubt that he can get the job done.....IE gets us to the playoffs with Trent is in the Tubby nursing his boo boos.End of story. If that happpens we will put the transition tag on him and get a pick which we will us on ...guess what....a QB.End of story.Live it, learn it, love it.

You people need to get over your hate...it causes cancer.
              Jp has done nothing but embrace this city and work hard.
              Never said an unkind word to anyone on the staff or team.
              He is a competitor and wants to play. You can't blame him
              for that. What you would like to blame him for is 29th against
              the pass and 30 against the run one wr worth a dam and a
              150 injuries...coordinator who was the worst I have ever
              seen call a game in the nfl. Yuo guys set the bar very high for
              the Edwards era..and all of these posts will come up to bite you
              one day.

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              All right, so J. P. Losman was so unhappy at the end of last season, he asked to be traded. He felt the Bills had pulled the rug out from under him by giving the starting job to Trent Edwards. Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.

And now, because the Bills haven’t traded Losman, we’re supposed to believe it’s a good thing? Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team?

Keeping Losman around is a bad idea on a number of levels. It’s unfair to Edwards, who doesn’t need Losman hanging over his shoulder for a second year. It’s unfair to the team, which was divided by the quarterback issue last season and should be allowed to move on.

And....

The Bills aren’t going anywhere if Losman has to take them. For the overall good, they should get him out of here, one way or another. I don’t care who’s the backup: Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, a free-agent rookie. Anything is better than another year of Losman.

What idiocy!
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.
                I'm sorry, is it 2009 already?
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by acehole
                  What the Edwards supporters fear is that Trent will go down or struggle....and then JP will come in and do well with the addtion of Hardy and the new Coordinater and run and pass stopping d. End of story.Trent has proven through out his career that he cant stay healthy. End of story. In this league you need 2 good starting QB's and J P has proven...at least by the numers that he is slightly better then Trent. End of story. Unless we get a decent offer from another team that out wieghs the need for a decent back up and a Cullpepper is still around to replace him..he will live out his contract. End of story. JP will never see 2009 in a Bills uniform...unless he has proven without a doubt that he can get the job done.....IE gets us to the playoffs with Trent is in the Tubby nursing his boo boos.End of story. If that happpens we will put the transition tag on him and get a pick which we will us on ...guess what....a QB.End of story.Live it, learn it, love it.

You people need to get over your hate...it causes cancer.
                  Jp has done nothing but embrace this city and work hard.
                  Never said an unkind word to anyone on the staff or team.
                  He is a competitor and wants to play. You can't blame him
                  for that. What you would like to blame him for is 29th against
                  the pass and 30 against the run one wr worth a dam and a
                  150 injuries...coordinator who was the worst I have ever
                  seen call a game in the nfl. Yuo guys set the bar very high for
                  the Edwards era..and all of these posts will come up to bite you
                  one day.
                  Why is it every time you say "end of story," you feel the need to add to it?
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

I think it is pretty funny he wrote an entire article about what JP's agent said, without even quoting what JPs agent said.

Ask yourself, if you thought you were a good starting QB in this league, would you want to be TEs backup?

Then ask yourself, if Buffalo only signed players that specifically wanted to play in Buffalo, wouldn't we be the crappiest team in the league?

Then ask yourself, who is available?

Then ask yourself, is Sullivan a douche?

Then ask yourself, has TE ever played 16 straight games?

Then ask yourself how it went the last time we gave the reigns to an unproven youngster without camp competetion?
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      Be a professional, JP. Geesh- nobody got the violins out when you took someone else's job.

The NFL prooves every season that you need a serviceable backup. He's the best option the Bills have so be a professional and do your job ya whiney *****
                      I haven't heard about JP whining recently, and I doubt if he will. Nor has he ever been a clubhouse cancer. I think he knows, too, that if he wants to continue his career beyond this season, he should work as hard as he can, be ready to play if called upon, and be a positive, committed teammate.

He is definitely our best option at backup QB, and Sullivan is just plain ignorant for suggesting otherwise.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

And....

What idiocy!
                        Its not unfair at all... If Edwards is the best man for the job then he should go out and perform despite Losman being there. Drew Brees had Rivers waiting in the wings and had an amazing year despite that. Sure he didnt end up staying in SD but he signed a huge contract to play somewhere else.

Same goes for JP if he gets a crack at the starting job at some point then he should take advantage and play lights out. If these guys cant handle the pressure then how will they succeed in the NFL anyways?

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
                          Why is it every time you say "end of story," you feel the need to add to it?
                          Because it is...but the horse keeps getting beaten.

Great addition to the discussion by the way.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            Its not unfair at all... If Edwards is the best man for the job then he should go out and perform despite Losman being there. Drew Brees had Rivers waiting in the wings and had an amazing year despite that. Sure he didnt end up staying in SD but he signed a huge contract to play somewhere else.

Same goes for JP if he gets a crack at the starting job at some point then he should use take advantage and play lights out. If these guys cant handle the pressure then how will they succeed in the NFL anyways?
                            My thoughts exacty...what do the Trend suporter have to fear?
                            They laid there reputations on the fact that Trent is so great
                            so let him go and be great....dont let a sucky two bit washed up
                            jp get you down....ah...end of story.
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Sullivan says that even a free-agent rookie QB would be better than another year of Losman. Can you imagine going into this season with Luke Drone and Gibran Hamdan backing up Edwards?

My God, Sullivan is a complete moron.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X