PDA

View Full Version : Losman not the solution, even as No. 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2008, 07:43 AM
All right, so J. P. Losman was so unhappy at the end of last season, he asked to be traded. He felt the Bills had pulled the rug out from under him by giving the starting job to Trent Edwards. Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.

And now, because the Bills haven’t traded Losman, we’re supposed to believe it’s a good thing? Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team?

Sorry, but I don’t buy it.

Keeping Losman around is a bad idea on a number of levels. It’s unfair to Edwards, who doesn’t need Losman hanging over his shoulder for a second year. It’s unfair to the team, which was divided by the quarterback issue last season and should be allowed to move on.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/336249.html

And....

The Bills aren’t going anywhere if Losman has to take them. For the overall good, they should get him out of here, one way or another. I don’t care who’s the backup: Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, a free-agent rookie. Anything is better than another year of Losman.

A UDFA better than JP????

What idiocy!

BlackMetalNinja
05-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Wow, you sure that wasn't written by somebody from this site? My point of view is that we all realize Losman's days here are numbered... good guy, tryed hard... didn't work.

At this point in time though, he is a serviceable #2 and I really don't think Trent has to worry about him "over his shoulder". This is Trent's job to lose at this point period, and I don't think Losman would be the one he's going to lose it to.

Without spending a bunch of money signing a free agent (basically someone of name value just to appease the fanbase, see: Culpepper, Leftwich, etc.) to sit the bench in case we need him, Losman is probably the best option. We can all hope we don't need him, and if we do, we can all hope he plays out of his mind trying to audition for his next job... but to bash him just for the sake of bashing him at this point seems kind of silly.

Dozerdog
05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Be a professional, JP. Geesh- nobody got the violins out when you took someone else's job.

The NFL prooves every season that you need a serviceable backup. He's the best option the Bills have so be a professional and do your job ya whiney *****

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
I agree with the article.....a little harsh, but I agree! When Losman has played a full 16 games we lost more than we won, when he has played a half a season, we have lost more than we won.......so why is it all of a sudden if Edwards goes down, Losman is gonna be the one to lead the team to some wins....when history says differently?

Sorry for the run on sentence!

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Bottom line is.........we dont win enough games when Losman is the QB and his win/loss record compared to Holcomb and Trent's win/loss record proves me right!

Stewie
05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Trent's job is to worry about who is over his shoulder. I don't care if it's JP, Jim Kelly, Ghandi, or God. Trent needs to practice and play like he's scared for his job. They all should.

Unfair? Yeah, how unfair that the Bills pay Trent Edwards $$$ to play a game and then dare to employ a backup QB. Gimme a break buffalonewsguy.

acehole
05-01-2008, 08:12 AM
What the Edwards supporters fear is that Trent will go down or struggle....and then JP will come in and do well with the addtion of Hardy and the new Coordinater and run and pass stopping d. End of story.Trent has proven through out his career that he cant stay healthy. End of story. In this league you need 2 good starting QB's and J P has proven...at least by the numers that he is slightly better then Trent. End of story. Unless we get a decent offer from another team that out wieghs the need for a decent back up and a Cullpepper is still around to replace him..he will live out his contract. End of story. JP will never see 2009 in a Bills uniform...unless he has proven without a doubt that he can get the job done.....IE gets us to the playoffs with Trent is in the Tubby nursing his boo boos.End of story. If that happpens we will put the transition tag on him and get a pick which we will us on ...guess what....a QB.End of story.Live it, learn it, love it.

You people need to get over your hate...it causes cancer.
Jp has done nothing but embrace this city and work hard.
Never said an unkind word to anyone on the staff or team.
He is a competitor and wants to play. You can't blame him
for that. What you would like to blame him for is 29th against
the pass and 30 against the run one wr worth a dam and a
150 injuries...coordinator who was the worst I have ever
seen call a game in the nfl. Yuo guys set the bar very high for
the Edwards era..and all of these posts will come up to bite you
one day.

All right, so J. P. Losman was so unhappy at the end of last season, he asked to be traded. He felt the Bills had pulled the rug out from under him by giving the starting job to Trent Edwards. Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.

And now, because the Bills haven’t traded Losman, we’re supposed to believe it’s a good thing? Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team?

Keeping Losman around is a bad idea on a number of levels. It’s unfair to Edwards, who doesn’t need Losman hanging over his shoulder for a second year. It’s unfair to the team, which was divided by the quarterback issue last season and should be allowed to move on.

And....

The Bills aren’t going anywhere if Losman has to take them. For the overall good, they should get him out of here, one way or another. I don’t care who’s the backup: Daunte Culpepper, Byron Leftwich, a free-agent rookie. Anything is better than another year of Losman.

What idiocy!

mybills
05-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Losman and his agent, Gary Wichard, made it clear that J. P. had zero interest in re-signing here when his contract expired after the 2008 season.

I'm sorry, is it 2009 already?

BidsJr
05-01-2008, 08:16 AM
What the Edwards supporters fear is that Trent will go down or struggle....and then JP will come in and do well with the addtion of Hardy and the new Coordinater and run and pass stopping d. End of story.Trent has proven through out his career that he cant stay healthy. End of story. In this league you need 2 good starting QB's and J P has proven...at least by the numers that he is slightly better then Trent. End of story. Unless we get a decent offer from another team that out wieghs the need for a decent back up and a Cullpepper is still around to replace him..he will live out his contract. End of story. JP will never see 2009 in a Bills uniform...unless he has proven without a doubt that he can get the job done.....IE gets us to the playoffs with Trent is in the Tubby nursing his boo boos.End of story. If that happpens we will put the transition tag on him and get a pick which we will us on ...guess what....a QB.End of story.Live it, learn it, love it.

You people need to get over your hate...it causes cancer.
Jp has done nothing but embrace this city and work hard.
Never said an unkind word to anyone on the staff or team.
He is a competitor and wants to play. You can't blame him
for that. What you would like to blame him for is 29th against
the pass and 30 against the run one wr worth a dam and a
150 injuries...coordinator who was the worst I have ever
seen call a game in the nfl. Yuo guys set the bar very high for
the Edwards era..and all of these posts will come up to bite you
one day.

Why is it every time you say "end of story," you feel the need to add to it?

yordad
05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
I think it is pretty funny he wrote an entire article about what JP's agent said, without even quoting what JPs agent said.

Ask yourself, if you thought you were a good starting QB in this league, would you want to be TEs backup?

Then ask yourself, if Buffalo only signed players that specifically wanted to play in Buffalo, wouldn't we be the crappiest team in the league?

Then ask yourself, who is available?

Then ask yourself, is Sullivan a douche?

Then ask yourself, has TE ever played 16 straight games?

Then ask yourself how it went the last time we gave the reigns to an unproven youngster without camp competetion?

Jan Reimers
05-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Be a professional, JP. Geesh- nobody got the violins out when you took someone else's job.

The NFL prooves every season that you need a serviceable backup. He's the best option the Bills have so be a professional and do your job ya whiney *****
I haven't heard about JP whining recently, and I doubt if he will. Nor has he ever been a clubhouse cancer. I think he knows, too, that if he wants to continue his career beyond this season, he should work as hard as he can, be ready to play if called upon, and be a positive, committed teammate.

He is definitely our best option at backup QB, and Sullivan is just plain ignorant for suggesting otherwise.

Mahdi
05-01-2008, 08:27 AM

And....

What idiocy!
Its not unfair at all... If Edwards is the best man for the job then he should go out and perform despite Losman being there. Drew Brees had Rivers waiting in the wings and had an amazing year despite that. Sure he didnt end up staying in SD but he signed a huge contract to play somewhere else.

Same goes for JP if he gets a crack at the starting job at some point then he should take advantage and play lights out. If these guys cant handle the pressure then how will they succeed in the NFL anyways?

acehole
05-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Why is it every time you say "end of story," you feel the need to add to it?

Because it is...but the horse keeps getting beaten.

Great addition to the discussion by the way.

acehole
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Its not unfair at all... If Edwards is the best man for the job then he should go out and perform despite Losman being there. Drew Brees had Rivers waiting in the wings and had an amazing year despite that. Sure he didnt end up staying in SD but he signed a huge contract to play somewhere else.

Same goes for JP if he gets a crack at the starting job at some point then he should use take advantage and play lights out. If these guys cant handle the pressure then how will they succeed in the NFL anyways?

My thoughts exacty...what do the Trend suporter have to fear?
They laid there reputations on the fact that Trent is so great
so let him go and be great....dont let a sucky two bit washed up
jp get you down....ah...end of story.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Sullivan says that even a free-agent rookie QB would be better than another year of Losman. Can you imagine going into this season with Luke Drone and Gibran Hamdan backing up Edwards?

My God, Sullivan is a complete moron.

acehole
05-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Sullivan says that even a free-agent rookie QB would be better than another year of Losman. Can you imagine going into this season with Luke Drone and Gibran Hamdan backing up Edwards?

It appears Sullivan has a lot of company.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Some people here should be paid to write stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised actually if Sullivan is a posters here.

If we bring in Leftwitch, he might as well start right away since he's supposedly better than both JP and Trent. That would still make Trent look over his shoulders .DUH!!!

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Good article. It's the truth that some people do not want to see.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Good article. It's the truth that some people do not want to see.Jerry , is that you?

djjimkelly
05-01-2008, 09:47 AM
what cracks me up the most all these different scenarios that should have been given to JP are now been preached that trent needs to be worry free. trents needs no real competition. trent should be unquestioned.

im sorry the bills have shown the last 10 years they cannot with exception of 2 years of bledsoe name a qb a stick to it.

its not coincidence that we havnt had any good QB play during that time either.

while i do agree this organization needed to and needs to pick an unquestioned qb and im dead serious commit 4-5 years to him for better or worse unless the guy is completely horrific and im talking ryan leaf horrific or billy joe hobert horrific.

trent is not the guy id trust the combo to the safe with sorry thats just my opinion and the bills actions with this situation speaks volumes about their thoughts too.

this comment im gonna make will sound bitter and it sort of is. JP NEVER got the unquestioned keys to the car so why should mr 50%.

to me our qb quandry begins with the premature release of bledsoe and naming JP starter that year should have been drew as starter with JP slowly being worked in. but hindsight is always 20/20.

my last note on this topic DICK in chicago liked his musical chair qbs i have no doubt we are about to relive that.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 09:49 AM
my last note on this topic DICK in chicago liked his musical chair qbs i have no doubt we are about to relive that.
we already relived that last year. "Trent is our future and is healthy but JP is starting next week" :ill:

For the most part , he's been a straight shooter but when it comes to the qb, he's confused.

Thats what happens when you don't have a well rounded coach who's only expertise is one side of the ball.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree with the article.....a little harsh, but I agree! When Losman has played a full 16 games we lost more than we won, when he has played a half a season, we have lost more than we won.......so why is it all of a sudden if Edwards goes down, Losman is gonna be the one to lead the team to some wins....when history says differently?

Sorry for the run on sentence! you mean the defense had nothing to do with the losses?

Another problem with people like Sullivan is that they keep saying JP has had his chances. What chances? THey call OL, no weapons and stupid coaches chances? ( all of which the haters will agree were our problems the last few years)

Thats the problem with the article. JP had many chances but they will never point out state of the team was in and then put the blame solely on JP's head.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 09:56 AM

Maybe because in Chicago he had crap QB play there also.

Does anyone honestly think that if JP performed JP would have been benched? JP got benched because how poorly he has played throughout his career. Granted he had a few good (against some of the worst temas in the NFL) games here and there. Big deal, Rob Johnson did too.

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM

He has a point. People just have a hard time letting go of Losman's "potential". But if potential was really worth running after we could pick up Kyle Wright an UDFA from Miami. He's got more tools than Losman but has been an even bigger disapointment. Backup QB's aren't worth much, so why hold on to a guy who might be a distraction, even if it's by simply being unhappy? You can live with an unhappy kicker or DE. But if a QB, who starting or not is a team leader, is giving off negative karma how is that good for the team?

I think Sullivan was stretching things on the UDFA thing to make his point but beyond that what is there to argue about in what he said? We could cut Losman tomorrow and sign a Leftwich, what would the big downside be of that? And if NE cuts Matt Castle we could turn around and release Leftwich. Does anyone in Indianapolis stay up at night fretting about the fact that Jim Sorgi might suck? I doubt it. They know if Manning is seriously injured the season's over anyway so why worry? You don't go far with backup QB's. It's important to have a fill in for a game or 2 but beyond that, you ain't winning anyway.

Does that mean TE is the next coming? No it doesn't. And he may not be. But he either is or he isn't, holding onto a bum like Losman isn't going to change that either way. If he isn't we still will need a long term solution at QB. And both Losman and the Bills have acknowledged that isn't going to be JP. So why is cutting the cord with Losman such a big deal?

justasportsfan
Maybe because in Chicago he had crap QB play there also.

Does anyone honestly think that if JP performed JP would have been benched? JP got benched because how poorly he has played throughout his career. Granted he had a few good (against some of the worst temas in the NFL) games here and there. Big deal, Rob Johnson did too.

JP got benched because he ran Fairchilds O which Trent didn't do. JP ran a deep ball game and Trent style was the opposite , a m0ore control type of O.

Dick ran a ball control type of O in chocago which is why I am baffled as to why he hired Fairchild in the first place.

Why do you think we're going with the 3 step drop? Because Faichilds had no answer when teams figured him out.

IMO, the reason why we are sticking with JP is because the coaches don't know if Trent can consistently have the ability to go deep and be nothing more than a Holcomb. We shall find out at camp.

JP on the other hand , proven deep ball but maybe have the ability to play controlled football with bettter coaching and better wrs. We shall find out at camp.

In other words, they haven't given up on JP and arent sold on Trent .

JP = proven deep ball but needs better ball control.

Trent = proven ball control but needs to prove he can be a deep ball passer.

streetkings01
you mean the defense had nothing to do with the losses?

Another problem with people like Sullivan is that they keep saying JP has had his chances. What chances? THey call OL, no weapons and stupid coaches chances? ( all of which the haters will agree were our problems the last few years)

Thats the problem with the article. JP had many chances but they will never point out state of the team was in and then put the blame solely on JP's head.Holcomb and Trent were able to string together more wins with the same weapons as JP.......it's not a coincidense that when JP had to split time with the backup QB, the backup QB actually had a better win/loss record in that season while splitting half or more games with JP!

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
you mean the defense had nothing to do with the losses?

Sure they did. But even with the defense playing poorly at times the Bills were still in many games and could have won if just the most important player on the team performed. That being the QB.

Does Peyton Manning have a single game in his career with less than 100 yards passing? JP has 5 of them in just 31 starts.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Holcomb and Trent were able to string together more wins with the same weapons as JP.......it's not a coincidense that when JP had to split time with the backup QB, the backup QB actually had a better win/loss record in that season while splitting half or more games with JP!

In the past 3 years the Bills are 10-21 when JP starts and 9-8 when someone else does.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Sure they did.. and yet it's all JP's fault?

How bout' lack of weapons ,crappy coaches and no OL. Is that JP's fault too? Nevermind, we know your answer. QB don't need any of those. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Does Peyton Manning have a single game in his career with less than 100 yards passing? JP has 5 of them in just 31 starts.

Peyton has great coaches and Ol and weapons. Something JP NEVER had.

Besides how dare you put Peyton and JP in the same paragraph. :snicker:

djjimkelly
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Sure they did. But even with the defense playing poorly at times the Bills were still in many games and could have won if just the most important player on the team performed. That being the QB.

i however dont think peyton has any 20 attempt games this coaching staff has rolled out JP with that game plan countless times.

justasportsfan
Holcomb and Trent were able to string together more wins with the same weapons as JP.......it's not a coincidense that when JP had to split time with the backup QB, the backup QB actually had a better win/loss record in that season while splitting half or more games with JP!

Let's see, JP was a rookie when Holcomb was here. Of course he should've done better but he didn't do anything significantly better. In case you haven't noticed he is now out of football.

streetkings01
and yet it's all JP's fault?

How bout' lack of weapons ,crappy coaches and no OL. Is that JP's fault too? Nevermind, we know your answer. QB don't need any of those. :rolleyes:9-8 with a QB other than Losman with the same lack of weapons, crappy coaches, and no oline!

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Let's see, JP was a rookie when Holcomb was here. Of course he should've done better but he didn't do anything significantly better. In case you haven't noticed he is now out of football.

Funny argument from you. Aren't you the one that feels comfortable comparing TE's state to JP's even though TE was a rookie?:nod:

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Let's see, JP was a rookie when Holcomb was here. Of course he should've done better but he didn't do anything significantly better. In case you haven't noticed he is now out of football.JP was oin his second year! I wish people would stop with that "JP was basically a rookie" crap......he was a second year player that started the season with 2 full years of learning the offense, 2 full years of OTA's, minicamps, and 1.75 full years of training camp. He went into the 2005 season from Jan 2005 - opening day as the starter, so how can you throw all that away and say he was a rookie? If anything it should make you feel alot better about Trent since he was a "true rookie" that actually showed in his 1st "true rookie season" that he belongs in the NFL!

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
9-8 with a QB other than Losman with the same lack of weapons, crappy coaches, and no oline!

did you give the kansas game to Holcomb? did you give the jets game to Trent?

FYI, the D couldn't stop Cutler on 4th and 1.

After Jp torched the fins for 3 TD's was it his fault that Sage Rosenfels torched the D back and won the game for the fins?

In JP's losses how many of those games were against the Pats because neither Holcomb nor Trent would've beaten them anyways? Don't forget than 1 game against the Pats, JP didn't lose the game, Willis couldn't get 1 yard to seal the game.

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Funny argument from you. Aren't you the one that feels comfortable comparing TE's state to JP's even though TE was a rookie?:nod:P'WNED!

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
JP was oin his second year! I wish people would stop with that "JP was basically a rookie" crap......he was a second year player that started the season with 2 full years of learning the offense, 2 full years of OTA's, minicamps, and 1.75 full years of training camp. He went into the 2005 season from Jan 2005 - opening day as the starter, so how can you throw all that away and say he was a rookie? If anything it should make you feel alot better about Trent since he was a "true rookie" that actually showed in his 1st "true rookie season" that he belongs in the NFL!2nd year 1st year who gives a crap. Holcomb should've significantly done better. JP spent his 2nd year and practically his entire career here running for his life.

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 10:26 AM
2nd year 1st year who gives a crap. Holcomb should've significantly done better. JP spent his 2nd year and practically his entire career here running for his life.

The lickers will still be selling excuses for JP when JP's been promoted to head grocery bagger.

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 10:27 AM
did you give the kansas game to Holcomb? did you give the jets game to Trent?

FYI, the D couldn't stop Cutler on 4th and 1.

After Jp torched the fins for 3 TD's was it his fault that Sage Rosenfels torched the D back and won the game for the fins?

In JP's losses how many of those games were against the Pats because neither Holcomb nor Trent would've beaten them anyways? Don't forget than 1 game against the Pats, JP didn't lose the game, Willis couldn't get 1 yard to seal the game.Now the blame goes to everyone else besides JP? JP torched the fins for those 3 tds in the 1stQ, but what happened with other 3 when we put up..........0 offensive points, while JP threw a crucial INT! I also remember us losing that Pats game by 2 points.....the same 2 points that JP took a safety on! True the D couldn't stop the Donkeys on 4th and 1, but JP also didn't pass for 100 yards until the mid 3rd quarter and if Roscoe doesn't return that punt for a TD.....we lose that game anyway by more than a few points!

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Without addressing the misrepresentations of the 5 JP fanatics, i'll bring up the point of Jan Reimer's on division in lockerroom. I don't think the worry is that JP is going to be anything less than a good soldier. The worry is that other players who may not want to develop the new QB start creating two factions. And that is a result of JP being on the team. Not JP being a cancer himself.

Secondly, i don't think Jerry's Sullivan worded it well when he says Trent shouldn't have to worry about JP over his shoulder. It shouldn't be read as, "give trent the job and have no competition." Trent should have competition to hold the starting job. However, the issue is that JP isn't really competition and he's not really the one to push him. So if Letwich comes in, fine, let him play for the starting position and if he gets it, play on.

Very few Bills fans expect Trent to be the next kelly. we hope he is. but at this point there is no reason to think that he'll regress the way JP did last year. And that in itself gives us enough hope that our QB position will not be a gigantic weakness like its been since 99.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Funny argument from you. Aren't you the one that feels comfortable comparing TE's state to JP's even though TE was a rookie?:nod:

By the time KH came to buffalo, he had already been in the league for 8 years. Some of which was behind Manning and the colts coaches.

JP was behind Bledsoe and Mularkey was his coach. Thats a sure way to ruin a qb's career before it even stats.

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
2nd year 1st year who gives a crap. Holcomb should've significantly done better. JP spent his 2nd year and practically his entire career here running for his life.So how come JP didn't significantly look better than Trent who is a "true rookie" while JP was going into his 4th season? I want to hear this.......

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
The worry is that other players who may not want to develop the new QB start creating two factions. . I think the coaches and Russ flushed that down the crapper. But you can make all your own speculation all you want.

streetkings01
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM
By the time KH came to buffalo, he had already been in the league for 8 years. Some of which was behind Manning and the colts coaches.

JP was behind Bledsoe and Mularkey was his coach. Thats a sure way to ruin a qb's career before it even stats.Yeah....thats why Romo and Brady are cursing the day they had to sit behind Bledsoe......their careers would've been alot better if only Bledsoe was never around. Kordell Stewart and Maddox are cursing the day that they met Mularkey, especially after Stewarts pro bowl and Maddox resurrection of his career under Mularkey!

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:33 AM

And....

What idiocy!

I'm not sure what the die hard lickers don't understand - Losman is a bust, and therefore it's time sever all ties and move on - especially considering he is the biggest Donablow blunder still left on this roster. He's not even a good backup either, Culpepper what be a better option and we need to sign him.

And yes the writer is correct - we don't need a potential cancer and divided lockerroom, especially if Trent struggles (which he likely will during the first 4 - 6 games until the offense is in sync).

Get this bum Losman out of town now!

~The Answer

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM

JP was behind Bledsoe and Mularkey was his coach. Thats a sure way to ruin a qb's career before it even stats.

Must be nice for JP. If he plays good it's because of his great talent. If he plays bad it's poor support. He really can't lose can he?

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
So how come JP didn't significantly look better than Trent who is a "true rookie" while JP was going into his 4th season? I want to hear this.......

I already answered that. Trents style of WCO he learned from Walsh was better suited for the players we had. Didn't you notice that Evans had to run shorter routes when Trent was the qb in order to take the ball out from Trents hands quick? Jp wasn't trained that way in college and by Fairchild.

Didn't you also notice that when Trent was in there the O looked very much like the O when Holcomb was the qb except that Trent has potentially a better arm than Holcomb?

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Must be nice for JP. If he plays good it's because of his great talent. If he plays bad it's poor support. He really can't lose can he?

wait a minute. where did I say that when we win it's becaue of him. You guys are the ones with double standards. Not me.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Bottom line is.........we dont win enough games when Losman is the QB and his win/loss record compared to Holcomb and Trent's win/loss record proves me right!

We would have been a playoff team in 2005 and 2006 if Holcomb had started every game.

And there' s a good chance we would have been one last year if Edwards had started every game as well.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I think it is pretty funny he wrote an entire article about what JP's agent said, without even quoting what JPs agent said.

Ask yourself, if you thought you were a good starting QB in this league, would you want to be TEs backup?

Then ask yourself, if Buffalo only signed players that specifically wanted to play in Buffalo, wouldn't we be the crappiest team in the league?

Then ask yourself how it went the last time we gave the reigns to an unproven youngster without camp competetion?

Nope - but JP has played 16 straight games and sucked majorly especially against teams above .500 and AFC powerhouses.

~The Answer

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 10:37 AM
wait a minute. where did I say that when we win it's becaue of him. You guys are the ones with double standards. Not me.

With JP's record under center I agree it would be tough to say we win because of him.:snicker2:

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Yeah....thats why Romo and Brady are cursing the day they had to sit behind Bledsoe......their careers would've been alot better if only Bledsoe was never around. Kordell Stewart and Maddox are cursing the day that they met Mularkey, especially after Stewarts pro bowl and Maddox resurrection of his career under Mularkey!

Romo and Brady learned from the coaches. The coaches changed the O when both Romo and Brady took over. SOmething Fairchild didn't know.

Again, didn't you notice that the Pats went to screen plays when Brady took over? The Pats O looked nothing like the O when Drew was the QB. Same goes with the cowpokes.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM

I agree with the writer - Just about every NFL QB in this league, whether starter, back up or 3rd string is better than Loserman.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM
We would have been a playoff team in 2005 and 2006 if Holcomb had started every game.

~The Answer
Trapezeus will probably agree with you.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM

And there' s a good chance we would have been one last year if Edwards had started every game as well.

~The Answer
You actually seem rational at times, but stuff like this defies logic.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Trapezeus will probably agree with you.

And so would the win/loss record

2005:
Holcomb 4-4
Loserman 1-7

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 10:45 AM
And so would the win/loss record

2005:
Holcomb 4-4
Loserman 1-7

~The Answer

Losman - employed
Holcomb- unemployed

~The Justasportsfan

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Let's see, JP was a rookie when Holcomb was here.

He was? I thought JP was a rookie when Bledsoe was here.

Dozerdog
05-01-2008, 10:58 AM

And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!
Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by/water flowing underground
Into the blue again/after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...
Same as it ever was...Same as it ever was...

http://www.classic45s.com/images/talkingheads4_ps.gif

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
2nd year 1st year who gives a crap. Holcomb should've significantly done better. JP spent his 2nd year and practically his entire career here running for his life.

I thought he was told to stay in the pocket, which is it? :snicker:

Bill Cody
05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I already answered that. Trents style of WCO he learned from Walsh was better suited for the players we had. Didn't you notice that Evans had to run shorter routes when Trent was the qb in order to take the ball out from Trents hands quick? Jp wasn't trained that way in college and by Fairchild.

Nonsense. Evans is our #1 receiver and he's very well suited to JP's bomb's away mentality. What players are you talking about that are better suited to a WCO?

Didn't you also notice that when Trent was in there the O looked very much like the O when Holcomb was the qb except that Trent has potentially a better arm than Holcomb?

Dink and dunk is pretty much what Brady did his first year as a starter and he led NE to a Super Bowl. If Holcomb had a better arm he'd be a great QB. He makes good decisions and he's accurate, things JP has trouble with. Brady developed his deeper throws over several years. If TE has the arm he will also.

raphael120
05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
The funny part is...you think there won't be a QB contraversy if we bring in Leftwhich or something??? No matter who the backup is, if Trent ends up sucking real bad, you know what the say "The backup QB is the most popular person in town."

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
You actually seem rational at times, but stuff like this defies logic.

It's not far fetched at all and there's nothing here that defies logic.

Losman started the 2005 season and sucked majorily during the first 4 games and got us into a 1-3 hole. Enter Holcomb and all off a sudden we were back in the hunt - then he gets pulled for Loserman and we start losing again, finally it's too little too late by the time Holcomb comes back and leads us to a big win against a division winner in their home field (Cincy).

2006 - Holcomb was the better QB in training camp and preseason, yet he's forced to sit behind Losman and his only complete (and mediorce) season as an nfl starter.

2007 - Trent was by far the best QB in training camp and preseason, yet Loseman starts and the suckage continues as we limp to an 0-3 start - enter Savior Trent and we are right back in the mix as he wins 4 of his first 5 NFL starts - then he gets hurt and loserman flushes the season down the toilet and it's too little too late by the time Trent comes back.

See a trend here?

~The Answer

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
The funny part is...you think there won't be a QB contraversy if we bring in Leftwhich or something??? No matter who the backup is, if Trent ends up sucking real bad, you know what the say "The backup QB is the most popular person in town."

Even if Trent completely sucks in 2008 I don't ever want to see Losman starting a game for the Buffalo Billls again.

I'd seriously bring Rob Johnson out of retirement before I'd let Losman start.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
It's not far fetched at all and there's nothing here that defies logic.

2007 - Trent was by far the best QB in training camp and preseason, yet Holcomb starts and the suckage continues as we limp to an 0-3 start

~The Answer
Freudian slip?

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Freudian slip?

Got me there ;-)

Fixed.

~The Answer

raphael120
05-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Even if Trent completely sucks in 2008 I don't ever want to see Losman starting a game for the Buffalo Billls again.

I'd seriously bring Rob Johnson out of retirement before I'd let Losman start.

~The Answer

Only the most ignorant of people think JP deserves yet ANOTHER shot. David Carr rings a bell...there's only so many years you can keep your franchise in a toilet waiting for your QB to "get it". I'd rather keep this franchise in a toilet trying out Trent and whoever else if Trent doesn't improve than stick with JP...

Insanity is doing the same thing wrong over and over again expecting a positive result.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Only the most ignorant of people think JP deserves yet ANOTHER shot. David Carr rings a bell...there's only so many years you can keep your franchise in a toilet waiting for your QB to "get it". I'd rather keep this franchise in a toilet trying out Trent and whoever else if Trent doesn't improve than stick with JP...

Insanity is doing the same thing wrong over and over again expecting a positive result.

Touche - Carr, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Joey Harrington, etc etc - all given 2nd chances (and in some cases 3rd and 4th chances) and the result was still the same: THEY SUCKED.

Obviously NFL GM's have finally realized once a bust, always a bust and that's why Loseman's career is over as soon as we release him this summer.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
And yet you support Culpepper coming in after he flopped with his last two teams?

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Balogna, I'm not willing to let Losman go so Trent doesn't have to worry about his job. We need to do what's best for the BILLS, not just one player. I'm far from being sold on Edwards and I don't like any of the FA's that are available. Honestly, if things were my way and I was the GM in Buffalo, I would be on the phone with Tampa bay trying to work out a deal for Chris Sims. I don't believe in handing anybody a job without proving themselves, just look at Green Bay. How do you think Rodgers likes that situation? Watch how bad Grossman sucks in Chicago this year, I guarantee you Bears fans will be wishing that Lovie drafted or brought in a QB to compete with him.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
With JP's record under center I agree it would be tough to say we win because of him.:snicker2:

The Bills 10 wins when JP started.

Houston: 22-7

Losman plays a decent game throwing for 170 yards, 1 TD, 0 INts. If I remember correctly Houston defenders dropped 2-3 passes that should have been intercepted. Bills Defense gives up 7 points and creates 5 turnovers. Bills offense does next to nothing after halftime.

Miami: 16-6

JP 11 of 18, 83 yards, 1 TD. Bills offense 12 total first downs.

Vikings: 17-12

Losman 23-32, 224 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int.

Overall Losman played well this game. Price turns a pass behind the LOS into a 8 yard TD. Magnificent run and catch by Price. Bills D gives up 14 first downs and 2 turnovers.

Green Bay 24-10

Losman 8-15, 102 yards, 1 TD, 0 Ints.

Game turned on Favre interception in the end zone that would have tied the score 17-17. London Fletcher intercept pass for TD, Evans catchs a pass 43 yards for TD.

Houston again 24-21

Losman 26-38, 340 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int.

Lee Evans turns 2 passes into 83 yard Touchdowns. Losman intercpeted for 9 yard Touchdown that gives the lead back to Houston 21-17. After the 1st Qtr. Bills offense does basically nothing.

Jags 27-24

Losman 21-28, 169 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int.

Bills offense 13 total first downs, 241 yards of offense, how the Bills scored 27 points this game is amazing.

Jets 31-13

Losman 10-15, 157 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints.

McGahee 125 yards, 1 TD, Bills offense produces 14 first downs. Bills D creates 3 turnovers and gives up 13 points. Clements returns int. for 58 yard TD, Lee 77 yard TD catch and run. Without that play by Lee, Losman's numbers 9-14, 80 yards, 1 TD, franchise QB material.

Miami again 21-0

Bills D shuts down the fins. Losman 13-19, 200 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints. Bills only blemish this day is Losman fumbling.

Bengals 33-21

JP: 24-34, 295 yards 1 TD, 1 Int.

Lynch throws for TD, and runs 153 yards, 1 TD.

Miami again 13-10

Bills offense almost gives the fins their first win.

Losman 12-23, 157 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int

In conclusion, 5 wins combined against the pathetic Dolphins and Texans.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:38 AM
And yet you support Culpepper coming in after he flopped with his last two teams?

Not a valid comparison Lector - Culpepper was not a bust when he entered this league, in fact just 3 years ago he put up nearly 5000 yards passing and 39 TD's in one season.

Unfortuntaely for Dante he suffered a devestating injury and will never be the same - plus going to a team like Miami is sure to ruin anybody's career.:D:

Regardless I think he would be a great veteran back up and be able to hold the fort if Edwards missed a few games.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Obviously NFL GM's have finally realized once a bust, always a bust and that's why Loseman's career is over as soon as we release him this summer.

~The Answer
Now we all know why teams would rather bring in undrafted rookies than bring back Holcomb.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM

Houston: 22-7

Losman plays a decent game throwing for 170 yards, 1 TD, 0 INts. If I remember correctly Houston defenders dropped 2-3 passes that should have been intercepted. Bills Defense gives up 7 points and creates 5 turnovers. Bills offense does next to nothing after halftime.

Miami: 16-6

JP 11 of 18, 83 yards, 1 TD. Bills offense 12 total first downs.

Vikings: 17-12

Losman 23-32, 224 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int.

Overall Losman played well this game. Price turns a pass behind the LOS into a 8 yard TD. Magnificent run and catch by Price. Bills D gives up 14 first downs and 2 turnovers.

Green Bay 24-10

Game turned on Favre interception in the end zone that would have tied the score 17-17. London Fletcher intercept pass for TD, Evans catchs a pass 43 yards for TD.

Houston again 24-21

Losman 26-38, 340 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Int.

Lee Evans turns 2 passes into 83 yard Touchdowns. Losman intercpeted for 9 yard Touchdown that gives the lead back to Houston 21-17. After the 1st Qtr. Bills offense does basically nothing.

Jags 27-24

Losman 21-28, 169 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int.

Bills offense 13 total first downs, 241 yards of offense, how the Bills scored 27 points this game is amazing.

Jets 31-13

Losman 10-15, 157 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints.

McGahee 125 yards, 1 TD, Bills offense produces 14 first downs. Bills D creates 3 turnovers and gives up 13 points. Clements returns int. for 58 yard TD, Lee 77 yard TD catch and run. Without that play by Lee, Losman's numbers 9-14, 80 yards, 1 TD, franchise QB material.

Miami again 21-0

Bills D shuts down the fins. Losman 13-19, 200 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints. Bills only blemish this day is Losman fumbling.

Bengals 33-21

JP: 24-34, 295 yards 1 TD, 1 Int.

Lynch throws for TD, and runs 153 yards, 1 TD.

Miami again 13-10

Bills offense almost gives the fins their first win.

Losman 12-23, 157 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int

It's pointless trying to reason with the Lossman faithful because there's always going to be an excuse - especially if you post his 20+ losses and the hideous stats for those games.:nod:

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
You didn't even to go with Daunte, Holcomb was enough crap.

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Chris Simms!

GET-R-DONE!

raphael120
05-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah at least we can hang out hat on the fact that Trents much better at beating the crap teams like Miami too. He beat them much more handily than JP ever did. And didnt have much of a defense to fall back on unlike JP.

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Green Bay 24-10

One of the most fun game experiences I've ever been in attendance for... Mrs. Darth decked out in her Packers gear, just as I was decked out in my Bills gear in Lambeau back in '02... Such a sweet victory and retribution for the '02 debacle where I was ready to brawl with the entire Green Bay Packer fanbase.

:D

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM
It's pointless trying to reason with the Lossman faithful because there's always going to be an excuse - especially if you post his 20+ losses and the hideous stats for those games.:nod:
~The Answer

You mean games like 2006, week 17 vs Ravens?

Losman 20 of 35, 237 yards, 1 TD, 2 Ints.

Lee Evans catches 44 yard TD after the defender falls down. Bills down 9-7 Losman throws interception to McAllister for 31 TD. Last series of game Losman throws pass up for grab and Evans rips the ball out of Landry's hands for 52 yard reception. On the very next play Losman throws his 2nd Int.

That loss was squarely on the Losman's shoulders.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Miami D's ranked 4th in the league in total D. Ranked 5 in passing.

PS- you ALSO forgot to mention the KC game and the jets game. Typical, will hide anything that shows anything positive about JP.

You keep getting caught spinning stats that only make JP look bad .:up:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 12:00 PM

Lee Evans catches 44 yard TD after the defender falls down. Bills down 9-7 Losman throws interception to McAllister for 31 TD. Last series of game Losman throws pass up for grab and Evans rips the ball out of Landry's hands for 52 yard reception. On the very next play Losman throws his 2nd Int.

I was thinking more along the lines of every game he's ever played against the Patriots, among other contenders. :horror:

But yes that was a perfect example, along with the week before against the Titans that cost us a playoff spot.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
PS- you ALSO forgot to mention the KC game and the jets game. Typical, will hide anything that shows anything positive about JP.

The first sentence in that post

The Jets game was positive? That play was made by Evans. Without that play JP looks like the bum he has been for his whole career.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Bills ahead of the Pats 17-7. 4th and 1 in fg range . Dick decides to go for it with Willis to seal the game. Willis doesn't get it. Turn the ball over by downs lose 3 points.

D cannot stop the Pats, bills lose and loss counts against JP.

Still continuing to bring up stuff that only makes JP look bad. :up:

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of every game he's ever played against the Patriots, among other contenders. :horror:

But yes that was a perfect example, along with the week before against the Titans that cost us a playoff spot.

~The Answer

Don't forget the New Orleans and Tampa games in 2006 and Lions/Colts game in 2007. :up:

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
His head is messed up. He's got all the tools, but his brain is not wired properly for an NFL QB.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:11 PM
The Jets game was positive? That play was made by Evans. Without that play JP looks like the bum he has been for his whole career.
It's all about the wins didn't you say that? If Jp didn't even attempt to throw the ball Evans wouldn't ahve a chance to make a play on the ball.

I guess dinking it 5 yards would've won the ball ? NOt. JP took a chance, it worked we won.

It's takes 2. One to at least throw the ball and the other to make a play on it.

besdies I don't know what the problem is. Thats what your boy Flutie did his entire career. throw up hailmary's and hope wr's would come down with it. The irony :snicker:

JP didn't ahve a wr as big as Moulds and yet he threw for 3000 yards in only 3 years. Took Flutie more than 13 years.The irony :snicker:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Don't forget the New Orleans and Tampa games in 2006 and Lions/Colts game in 2007. :up:

Broncos, Steelers, Jags in 2008.

The list is endless.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2008, 12:21 PM

Bull crap. McGahee had squat rushing too.

JP did not play well, but Willis sucked too.

Saying it was only JPs fault sets a new standard for bias and stupidity.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Saying it was only JPs fault sets a news standard for bias and stupidity.

notice how he ignored my post about the fins D in 06?

I'd point out who our OL was as well but TD is the only person who thinks a qb doesn't need an OL or weapons.

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:24 PM

The list is endless.

~The Answer

The Broncos game was there for the win too. He looked completely lost in that game. After all the crap he talked in the offseason, I had high expectations that he was going to come out lighting up the scoreboard. I guess I'm the dummy for believing it.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
The Broncos game was there for the win too..yeah it was his fault the D coudn't stop Cutler on 4th down. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM

~The Answer

You know if you really stop and think about it, if JP performed or made a key play when we needed one the Bills could have easily won in 2005: TB, AF, NO, CP, MD, 2006: NE, NYJ, DL, IC, SD, TT, BR, 2007: DB, JJ.

If just the main player on the team performed, QB, the Bills could easily be 24-7 in those games. But that player didn't and the Bills were 10-21 in those games.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:26 PM

The list is endless.

~The Answer
you mean those games where Dick said Jp was playing well and then the players called out Fairchild?

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
You know if you really stop and think about it, if JP performed or made a key play when we needed one the Bills could have easily won in 2005: TB, AF, NO, CP, MD, 2006: NE, NYJ, DL, IC, SD, TT, BR, 2007: DB, JJ.

If just the main player on the team performed, QB, the Bills could easily be 24-7 in those games. But that player didn't and the Bills were 10-21 in those games.
:roflmao:

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM

Saying it was only JPs fault sets a news standard for bias and stupidity.

JP was the main reason the Bills lost to the Ravens. Granted Willis didn't play well. Obviously there are other reasons why we lose games. When I say JP is the reason we lost the game its because he was the main reason, maybe not the only reason, just the main reason.

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah it was his fault the D coudn't stop Cutler on 4th down. :rolleyes:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="altRow2">BILLS</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">CP/AT</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">YDS</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">TD</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">INT</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td class="smaller"> J.P. Losman</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">14/21</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">97</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">0</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">1</td></tr></tbody></table>

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:35 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="altRow2">BILLS</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">CP/AT</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">YDS</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">TD</td> <td class="altRow2" align="right">INT</td> </tr> <tr bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"> <td class="smaller"> J.P. Losman</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">14/21</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">97</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">0</td> <td class="smaller" align="right">1</td></tr></tbody></table>

Don't forget the wide open Evans in the endzone that JP overthrew. :up:

Or the only reasons the Bills were in the game...Roscoe Parrish 74 Yd Punt Return (Rian Lindell Kick)...M. Lynch 19 90 4.7 1 23

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't forget the wide open Evans in the endzone that JP overthrew. :up:

That would have sealed the game.

I didn't like the call from Fairchild though. If Marshawn stayed in bounds the play before that, and they ran the ball there, the game is basically over.

As much as Losman sucked last year, Fairchild may have sucked even more.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 12:41 PM
That would have sealed the game.

I didn't like the call from Fairchild though. If Marshawn stayed in bounds the play before that, and they ran the ball there, the game is basically over.

As much as Losman sucked last year, Fairchild may have sucked even more.

You do know the JP faithful will blame everyone but JP for that loss. And then they will go on to blame Trent for the loss against Dallas when the Bills were up by 9 with 30 something seconds left. :snicker:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 12:44 PM
The Broncos game was there for the win too. He looked completely lost in that game. After all the crap he talked in the offseason, I had high expectations that he was going to come out lighting up the scoreboard. I guess I'm the dummy for believing it.

That's my whole point - if we had serviceable QB play in 2005 - 2007 (Holcomb/Edwards both provided that) than we may have been a wildcard team.

When JP was bad he was REALLY bad - and even during his so called 'good games' it was barely tolerable from a fan standpoint.

The guy sucks flat out.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM

Cutler 304 yards
Henry 139 yards

Key play of the game Bills up 14-12 . 1:31 secs left.
Denver with the ball . 4th and 2 on the denver 42 yard line. Out of the shotgun, Cutler scrambles for 7 yards , 1st down Broncos.

:51 secs left buff 14 - Broncos 12
4th and 2 - Culter to Walker for 8 yards 1st down broncos.

Broncos win last second fg.

When JP left the field bills were leading 14-12 . The D had nothing to with it, it was JP's fault. :coocoo:

The Answer
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM

I really think that JP is simply too slow in the head to understand the game of football. If he had the intelligence that Edwards and a lot of other NFL QB's have than he would be a superstar.

This is exactly why he was booted from UCLA because the staff there knew he was mentally incapable of reading defenses and just didn't have the intangibles necessary to succeed.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-01-2008, 12:48 PM
you mean those games where Dick said Jp was playing well and then the players called out Fairchild?

Sorry but I don't recall The Corpse making any such statements in support of loseman - of course I could be wrong and you have a link please post it.

Regardless - most coaches aren't going to say their QB flat out sucks and is the reason they lost the game anyway.

~The Answer

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:49 PM
You do know the JP faithful will blame everyone but JP for that loss. And then they will go on to blame Trent for the loss against Dallas when the Bills were up by 9 with 30 something seconds left. :snicker:

Yes, I know this. The truth is that JP couldn't get anything done in that game. For the Losmaniacs not to believe this is pitiful.

If you don't blame Losman for that loss, then who do you blame? Fairchild?

As far as Dallas is concerned, Trent should have done more with the chances that he had. He was gift wrapped red zone drives a few times, and came away with field goals. He should have done better, but Fairchild should have been fired immediately following that game.

The INT by Trent killed us. It should have been a running play, then kick a field goal, the game is over.

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
That's my whole point - if we had serviceable QB play in 2005 - 2007 (Holcomb/Edwards both provided that) than we may have been a wildcard team.

When JP was bad he was REALLY bad - and even during his so called 'good games' it was barely tolerable from a fan standpoint.

The guy sucks flat out.

~The Answer

He's definitely not the answer for this team. He's got a great arm, can scramble, and has decent size. It's just too bad that it didn't work out for him.

Novacane
05-01-2008, 12:52 PM
it's not dumb. Tdummy will ban himself again.

Sorry but It is dumb to say we want a Bills player to fail so we won't be proven wrong. Do all the JP lovers want TE to fail so JP can get another chance to prove them right??

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Cutler 304 yards
Henry 139 yards

Denver with the ball . 4th and 2 on the denver 42 yard line. Out of the shotgun, Cutler scrambles for 7 yards , 1st down Broncos.

When JP left the field bills were leading 14-12 . The D had nothing to with it, it was JP's fault. :coocoo:

When your QB can't even pass for 100 yards, then yes, I think that you can put the loss on him.

The D did what it could the entire game. Losman kept putting the D in bad spots, and the D kept bailing him out. To pin the loss on the D is pretty silly, since they kept the team in the game til the end. If JP did ANYTHING at all worth a damn, then this would have EASILY been a win.

acehole
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Yes, I know this. The truth is that JP couldn't get anything done in that game. For the Losmaniacs not to believe this is pitiful.

If you don't blame Losman for that loss, then who do you blame? Fairchild?

As far as Dallas is concerned, Trent should have done more with the chances that he had. He was gift wrapped red zone drives a few times, and came away with field goals. He should have done better, but Fairchild should have been fired immediately following that game.

The INT by Trent killed us. It should have been a running play, then kick a field goal, the game is over.

Wow this is a fantastic post. I never really see it in the same post...but this is what we deal with. In the same post one will blame JP for poor play and give fairchild a pass...while later on wanting to fire fairchild for a poor Trent performance. Which is it?
I will tell you for the cheap seats.

Fairchild was the worst offensive coordinater we have had in the last 15-20 years....not only should he have been fire....he was never qualified to begin with...you guys have to watch your Trent excuses a bit better...you will not be able to use the ones we tried to tell you about last year. Trent has a legit#2 a line a running game and an improved deffense...and yes no fairchild and a much better schedule. I say because of that he will probably do well...but so would JP. But if he doesnt...hmmmm where to hide you posters where to hide.

I love the fact that this board is archived.

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow this is a fantastic post. I never really see it in the same post...but this is what we deal with. In the same post one will blame JP for poor play and give fairchild a pass...while later on wanting to fire fairchild for a poor Trent performance. Which is it?
I will tell you for the cheap seats.

Fairchild was the worst offensive coordinater we have had in the last 15-20 years....not only should he have been fire....he was never qualified to begin with...you guys have to watch your Trent excuses a bit better...you will not be able to use the ones we tried to tell you about last year. Trent has a legit#2 a line a running game and an improved deffense...and yes no fairchild and a much better schedule. I say because of that he will probably do well...but so would JP. But if he doesnt...hmmmm where to hide you posters where to hide.

I love the fact that this board is archived.

Things will really get dicey if Trent gets hurt and JP comes in and lights it up. I do believe that Fairchild held back JP, and that he didn't trust JP as much as he should have. It would be very interesting to see how JP would do with Turk in as the OC.

That being said, JP drives me crazy. The things he does on the field are baffling. Although his physical tools are great, I've had just about enough of him.

Iehoshua
05-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry but It is dumb to say we want a Bills player to fail so we won't be proven wrong. Do all the JP lovers want TE to fail so JP can get another chance to prove them right??
Even at the height of Drew-bashing, it was always clearly stated that if Bledsoe succeeded and forced crow-eating, it would be more than welcomed since it would mean the Bills would be winning.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM

I didn't say you but TDummy. :up:

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
When your QB can't even pass for 100 yards, then yes, I think that you can put the loss on him.

Losman kept putting the D in bad spots, and the D kept bailing him out. To pin the loss on the D is pretty silly, since they kept the team in the game til the end. If JP did ANYTHING at all worth a damn, then this would have EASILY been a win.

When your D can't stop a slow footed qb from scrambling it means your D sucks. Not once but twice they couldn't stop the Broncos on 4th downs. But hey, it's JP fault. It's his job to stop the Broncos from scoring . :snicker: While Jp didn't do anything to win the game, the D didn't anything either . But it's the MO of the haters to blame it solely on JP. :coocoo:

The D did what it could the entire game..

Cutler 304 yards
Henry 139 yards

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
When your D can't stop a slow footed qb from scrambling it means your D sucks. Not once but twice they couldn't stop the Broncos on 4th downs. But hey, it's JP fault. It's his job to stop the Broncos from scoring . :snicker: While Jp didn't do anything to win the game, the D didn't anything either . But it's the MO of the haters to blame it solely on JP. :coocoo:

It's JP's job to score some points, and he failed at it miserably.

It's really not that hard to understand. When your offense can't move the ball, and has a ton of 3 and outs, it puts your D in a bad spot.

I guess the D should have put some points on the board huh?

I mean sheesh, expecting JP to score some points is a little lofty huh?

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
It's JP's job to score some points, and the D needs to stop the O. It goes both ways. Only the haters are desperately trying to blame it one one person. :ill: The O left the field leading the game. All the D had to do was stop the broncos on 4th down ONCE in 2 attempts and we would've won the game.

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
If the D stops the O. It goes both ways. Only the haters are desperately trying to blame it one one person. :ill:

The D held the Broncos in check until the last drive.

If JP had a decent game, this would have been a win.

I'm not a hater at all, but JP and Fairchild clearly blew this game for the Bills. The D did give up some yardage, and didn't step it up when it mattered most on the last drive. There is blame to go around, as is usual for every game, but saying that JP didn't have a major impact on this game in a negative way for the Bills is just ignorant.

tat2dmike77
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM

Yes but everyone already knew that.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Now that the draft is over the board can go back to the JP sucks/is great threads. :up:

Philagape
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
When the D allows 15 points (better than every team's average) and the O scores 7, who's had the worse game?

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
The ignore feature is :limp: If someone can't handle post on message board than that someone shouldn't willing come to one.

I'm just saying, if you put the 3 main culprits on ignore, you quickly realize that the rest of bills nation is over JP. And it's not worth the time of finding solid facts to prove that JP never succeeded in Buffalo and most likely will not succeed in Buffalo and will not succeed in the NFL.

Yet you get the same couple guys working their way into a corner about how they think JP is the backup, but that he should get a chance to start, but that if he had all the amazing tools of Trents from last year that he would be better even though he wasn't.

Justa and crew are just spinning their wheels now and if you put them on ignore its pretty obvious.

That all being said, it was pretty impressive of your breakdown of JP's 10 wins.

feelthepain
05-01-2008, 02:01 PM

And....

What idiocy!

I think the Bills kept JP cuase a 4th is the best they were offered, given he knows the system already, the Bills had no choice but to keep him. It makes sense from that standpoint, IMO.

Novacane
05-01-2008, 02:08 PM
No team was willing to give us a decent pick in the draft for Losman. They decided other QB trash were better options than JP. That should speak volumes about JP but I guess not for a few arm chair GM's posting here :up:

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
No team was willing to give us a decent pick in the draft for Losman. They decided other QB trash were better options than JP. That should speak volumes about JP but I guess not for a few arm chair GM's posting here :up:

Jp is in his last year of contract. What kind of contract do you think JP and his agent will be looking for from another team?

The bills have publicly stated they aren't trying to move JP. They are COMMITTED to JP. Could it be that they know Fairchild was the problem and not JP? Could it be that they also want to see what JP can do under better circumstances? could it be they aren't sold on Trent either?

Unless you have information on the questions asked (wealthy friends don't count ) . It's all speculation. Anyone can read into it and wouldn't be wrong or right unless it's coming straight from OBD.

So far OBD stated, Fairchild was an idiot. Both haters and er.. team supporters :D agree .SO does Turk.

The Answer
05-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Jp is in his last year of contract. What kind of contract do you think JP and his agent will be looking for from another team?

The bills have publicly stated they aren't trying to move JP. They are COMMITTED to JP. Could it be that they know Fairchild was the problem and not JP? Could it be that they also want to see what JP can do under better circumstances? could it be they aren't sold on Trent either?

Unless you have information on the questions asked (wealthy friends don't count ) . It's all speculation. Anyone can read into it and wouldn't be wrong or right unless it's coming straight from OBD.

So far OBD stated, Fairchild was an idiot. Both haters and er.. team supporters :D agree .SO does Turk.

After he's booted to the curb by Buffalo the only contract Loserman will be getting is a vending license to sell hotdogs and beer at an NFL stadium.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
After he's booted to the curb by Buffalo the only contract Loserman will be getting is a vending license to sell hotdogs and beer at an NFL stadium.

~The Answerthat would really piss off Holcomb who's already doing that. JP may once again take Holcombs job in another competition. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Justa and crew are just spinning their wheels now and if you put them on ignore its pretty obvious.

That all being said, it was pretty impressive of your breakdown of JP's 10 wins.

Talking about the QB situation is fun. There's only so much someone can say about Teyo Johnson.

Novacane
05-01-2008, 02:28 PM

He should get vet min.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
He should get vet min.

OBD obviously disagrees with you. 1.9 million to back up Trent incase something happens. Straight from OBD :up:

acehole
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Things will really get dicey if Trent gets hurt and JP comes in and lights it up. I do believe that Fairchild held back JP, and that he didn't trust JP as much as he should have. It would be very interesting to see how JP would do with Turk in as the OC.

That being said, JP drives me crazy. The things he does on the field are baffling. Although his physical tools are great, I've had just about enough of him.

JP drives me crazy also....while we are on topic I have also said he is/was not good enough to overcome all of the deficits on this team last year. I would like to see what he can do with this 2008 team. I think in the right situation he could be better then his 11th best qb in the nfl season he had in 2006.

yordad
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Sullivan ~ "I don’t think he’s one of the top 50 quarterbacks in the sport."

Name them Jerry.

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2008, 06:38 PM
OBD obviously disagrees with you. 1.9 million to back up Trent incase something happens. Straight from OBD :up:$1.9M is the least JP will earn the rest of his long career... Any takers?

djjimkelly
05-01-2008, 07:31 PM

how bout games like the one vs cowboys D scores 14 special teams 7

3rd and 7 from cowboys 11 INTERCEPTION.

let the double standard begin

acehole
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM

Trend made Zero plays in that game...he makes just one we win.

Jp is inconsistant and makes bad throws sometimes..he has his share of blame for the losses during he stint. You guys just mater of fact brush off all the other factors like the worse pass deffence and the second worst run deffense as if it doesnt contribute to wins and losses. Brush off fairchild lack of creativity like it plays no roll. The same guys who say we need a # 2wr and TE in this draft are the same ones who blame JP for everything...just put Trent in there and all is well.....but man we need weapons on offense they say. The ones who blame the QB dont seem to see anything else or discount the stats or facts of any kind. JP was never good enough to make up for all of this teams short comings last year. Niether is Philip Rivers or Eli Manning if they were on this team last year. This is all irrelivant anyway. I am underwelmed by Trent but he seems to be thier choice so I will support that.Trent is thier man and has a good team in place to do well.... We shall see how things go....And who is to blame this season and who throws a ball 6 inches to short or throws grounders or over throws or gets sacked....

Bottom line on the Dallas game is the team around Trent did more then enough to win that game...and trend didnt do anything. Go watch it.... or just blow it off as pesky reality.

YardRat
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM

Name them Jerry.

Anderson, Batch, Brady, Brunell, Brees, Bulger, Campbell, Cassell, Collins, Collins, Culpeper, Delhomme, Cutler, Dilfer, Dorsey, Edwards, Feely, Garcia, Garrard, Gradkowski, Green, Griese, Grossman, Hasselback, Holcomb, Huard, Johnson, Kitna, Leftwich, Leinart, Lemon, Manning, Manning, McCown, McNabb, Moore, Orton, Palmer, Pennington, Ramsey, Rivers, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Romo, Shaub, Simms, Smith, Sorgi, Volek, Wallace, Warner, Young.

I think that's actually 52, but what's one or two between friends?

djjimkelly
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Anderson, Batch, Brady, Brunell, Brees, Bulger, Campbell, Cassell, Collins, Collins, Culpeper, Delhomme, Cutler, Dilfer, Dorsey, Edwards, Feely, Garcia, Garrard, Gradkowski, Green, Griese, Grossman, Hasselback, Holcomb, Huard, Johnson, Kitna, Leftwich, Leinart, Lemon, Manning, Manning, McCown, McNabb, Moore, Orton, Palmer, Pennington, Ramsey, Rivers, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Romo, Shaub, Simms, Smith, Sorgi, Volek, Wallace, Warner, Young.

I think that's actually 52, but what's one or two between friends?

if u think half that list is better then losman you are truly cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to me the only people who dont want losman on this roster are trent only supporters and not bills fans or pure losman haters.

what is the fear anyway of him being on the roster he sucks so bad hed never beat out trent or coaches would NEVER bench trent for losman.

YardRat
05-02-2008, 05:29 AM
if u think half that list is better then losman you are truly cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to me the only people who dont want losman on this roster are trent only supporters and not bills fans or pure losman haters.

what is the fear anyway of him being on the roster he sucks so bad hed never beat out trent or coaches would NEVER bench trent for losman.

Make your own list then. Or simply cut and paste mine, and 'bold' the players you think Losman is better than.

I don't want Losman on the roster because A-even accounting for the rare flashes of brilliance, he has much more consistently under-achieved on the field, and, B-I don't want a back-up that has the mindset that he got screwed out of the job.

I think a different QB, one who really understands he is the back-up in case of Edwards injury or failure, would be a better fit for the team.

That being said, if Losman remains on the roster I will root for him to do well when he is on the field.

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 07:21 AM
I don't want Losman on the roster because A-even accounting for the rare flashes of brilliance, he has much more consistently under-achieved on the field, and, B-I don't want a back-up that has the mindset that he got screwed out of the job.

C-We don't need a divided locker room. Players need, as well as fans, to understand that this is Edwards team now. JP had his many chances and blew it.

yordad
05-02-2008, 08:28 AM

I think that's actually 52, but what's one or two between friends?First, no way did you come up with those names off the top of your head.

Second, no way all those QBs are better. That is laughable.

What is a true sign of being a straight up hater? Saying players like Sorgi, Batch, Moore, Lemon, Cassell, Dorsey, Gradkowski, Grossman, Griese, and Orton, among others, are better then JP Losman.

And to think, I thought most of our disagreements had merit. This one? No way.

:poop:

Novacane
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
$1.9M is the least JP will earn the rest of his long career... Any takers?

Define long career.

Novacane
05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
First, no way did you come up with those names off the top of your head.

What is a true sign of being a straight up hater? Saying players like Sorgi, Batch, Moore, Lemon, Cassell, Dorsey, Gradkowski, Grossman, Griese, and Orton, among others, are better then JP Losman.

They are not better than him but he's not better than them either. He belongs in that group of QB trash.

djjimkelly
05-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Make your own list then. Or simply cut and paste mine, and 'bold' the players you think Losman is better than.

I think a different QB, one who really understands he is the back-up in case of Edwards injury or failure, would be a better fit for the team.

That being said, if Losman remains on the roster I will root for him to do well when he is on the field.

will do when i get time later today ill already throw out one shocker for you.

losman is much better then vince young. the titans D carried that team in fact albert haynesworth and a crazy running game carried that team add in that jeff fishcer is a top 5 HC in this league

justasportsfan
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't want Losman on the roster because A-even accounting for the rare flashes of brilliance, he has much more consistently under-achieved on the field, and, we might as well cut everyone then because they all underachieved.

Willis goes to the problowl IN HIS FIRST YEAR with another team. Andre' Davis became a better no. 2 than any no.2 we've had since Fairchild was here. He too was in his first year with another team.

This alone proves that anyone who was under Fairchild underachieved because of playcalling. Fairchild didn't know how to use the players he had. That includes the qb.

BUt let's blame 1 guy. It's easier to blame one than the entire offensive unit.If playcalling fails, let's blame the qb for trying to run it.

There's a reason why the players called Farichild out and defended JP. It most likely means JP was just trying to do his job and do what he was told to do regardless if it was gonna end in disaster. .[QUOTE=YardRat]B-I don't want a back-up that has the mindset that he got screwed out of the job.

.He became Fairchilds scapegoat. Deny it all you want.

Turk himself said, Fairchild wouldn't run what they practiced and gameplanned all week on gameday. You can't expect a qb to just come in and play well when the coaches screw you over. Especially when you don't have any weapons to do so.

acehole
05-02-2008, 09:59 AM
will do when i get time later today ill already throw out one shocker for you.

losman is much better then vince young. the titans D carried that team in fact albert haynesworth and a crazy running game carried that team add in that jeff fishcer is a top 5 HC in this league

but he wins game he wins game...nothing maters....screw the truth and everything that maters...Trend is a stud and a hero....and has muscly new arms....mmmmmm....bringing me good news. JP should have been good enough with just lee evans...and he had his shot.

Sarcasm off.

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Trend is a stud and a hero....

The only ones calling Trent a stud, besides ~Answer, is the JP faithful. Fact is Trent has alot to improve/prove. If he continues to play the way he did last year the Bills will find it hard to win 5 games this year.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Couldn't we leave this brutally and endlessly beaten dead horse with a couple of bones and a little hair so he could at least be given a decent burial?

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 10:13 AM

In 2007 Tenn. was ranked 5th in running. VY accounted for 395 of those yards. Take away what VY did and the Titians were ranked 17th in rushing.

In 2006 Tenn. was ranked 5th that year also in rushing. VY accounted for 552 of those yards. Without VY rushing yards they were ranked 23rd in rushing.

Even though you say Tenn. had a "crazy running game" they went out and drafted a RB with their first pick in the draft this year.

You are just hating on VY because he was named to the Pro-Bowl in 2006 when the JP faithful thought it should be JP.

justasportsfan
05-02-2008, 10:23 AM
You are just hating on VY because he was named to the Pro-Bowl in 2006 when the JP faithful thought it should be JP.

who are those JP faithfuls? :link: .

Should be interesting. Some of them are most likely the haters now :snicker:

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
who are those JP faithfuls? :link: .

Should be interesting. Some of them are most likely the haters now :snicker:

How the friggin hell does Young make the probowl over JP This whole thread is dedicated to the topic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i can list of god knows how many qbs that are ahead of vince young for pro bowl this year

1. brady
2. trent green
3. losman
4. pennington

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=119476&highlight=vince+young+losman+bowl

justasportsfan
05-02-2008, 10:51 AM
This whole thread is dedicated to the topic.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=119476&highlight=vince+young+losman+bowl

Ice?He's not here. Djimkelly is 1 .

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Ice?He's not here. Djimkelly is 1 .

That thread is over 6 pages long. Im not going to waste my time and quote every one of them.

Bill Cody
05-02-2008, 11:59 AM

Name them Jerry.

Naming the QB's he is better than would take a lot less time.

YardRat
05-03-2008, 01:10 AM
First, no way did you come up with those names off the top of your head.

No, I didn't. I reviewed a list and noted which ones I would rather have as a back-up than JP.

Depends on your definition of 'better'. I think they all would be a better fit for the team as a back-up, and would gladly sacrifice a little 'talent' or 'potential' in return for team chemistry and locker room harmony. Especially those you pointed out in your post...I would take them over JP for a back-up in a second.

I'm not a hater, and I'll root for JP as long as he is on the team. I won't root for him to re-acquire the starting job, but if he steps on the field I'll cheer like hell for him to be successful until TE (or whoever) can return to the line-up.

Typ0
05-04-2008, 06:52 AM
this guy is right. Lossman is a festering cancerous growth. We need long-term solutions at the QB position and JP is not included with those solutions so why bother.

Make all the excuses you want about him lickers...in his fourth season he couldn't hold the job and got outplayed by a rookie. A REAL TRUE TO LIFE ROOKIE NOT SOME THIRD YEAR "ROOKIE".

Lickers have it all postured up where they can't be wrong. When JP fails it's always going to be someone elses fault. Let's just get on with it and get rid of him.

acehole
05-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Put him on this team with these new weapons and Turk and I think he will play well......That is why you want him out.

End of story.

this guy is right. Lossman is a festering cancerous growth. We need long-term solutions at the QB position and JP is not included with those solutions so why bother.

Make all the excuses you want about him lickers...in his fourth season he couldn't hold the job and got outplayed by a rookie. A REAL TRUE TO LIFE ROOKIE NOT SOME THIRD YEAR "ROOKIE".

Lickers have it all postured up where they can't be wrong. When JP fails it's always going to be someone elses fault. Let's just get on with it and get rid of him.

Jan Reimers
05-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't understand why some people think JP is "a festering cancerous growth." I've seen no sign of it. I'd like to see some evidence. Because Evans made some favorable comments about him last season when the QB situation was in a state of flux?

And while he is probably not the long-term solution - and there is no assurance that Edwards is, either - JP will be a capable and experienced backup this season. Why so quick to get rid of a guy who knows our system, coaches and personnel? QB will be a more stable position if we don't have to break in yet another new guy.

ddaryl
05-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I don't understand why some people think JP is "a festering cancerous growth." I've seen no sign of it. I'd like to see some evidence. Because Evans made some favorable comments about him last season when the QB situation was in a state of flux?

And while he is probably not the long-term solution - and there is no assurance that Edwards is, either - JP will be a capable and experienced backup this season. Why so quick to get rid of a guy who knows our system, coaches and personnel? QB will be a more stable position if we don't have to break in yet another new guy.

YAY!!! A common sense post....

every once in awhile you get one of these.

TacklingDummy
05-04-2008, 08:45 AM

The main reason I could see the Bills dumping JP is we don't need players/fans picking sides like they did in the DF/RJ years. And it already has started.

coastal
05-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Jerry Sullivan is a mediocre sports writer who attempts to make up for a lack of creative writing talent by being negative in his convinctions.

Not just that, but blogs are putting the traditional sports writer into extinction. Perhaps on some level, Jerry is trying to compensate for that too.

Kind of sad actually.

coastal
05-04-2008, 08:51 AM
btw... JP Losman is the best option for us at backup as of right now.

acehole
05-04-2008, 09:02 AM
The main reason I could see the Bills dumping JP is we don't need players/fans picking sides like they did in the DF/RJ years. And it already has started.

The Bills FO loves it...they sell plenty of jerseys (Both qbs) and it takes the focus off of their ineptness and real problems that this team has had. You can say plenty about JP but cancer? That is a reach even for the haters.

Typ0
05-04-2008, 10:57 AM

he has indicated his feelings Jan. "I bought a house in Buffalo...OOPS". "trade me please". "there is no way I'll be on this team after contract runs out". Just a few examples off the top of my head.

Bottom line: the player has asked to be traded. Why string him along? Moving him is a good faith effort that will be seen by all the players. And we need a new guy anyway. You just want to push it off a year and I'm saying to make the change now. Get someone else in here in an attempt to get better production out of the QB position. No, don't bring in some guaranteed third string talent you are going to make second string...get some guy you could have for at least five years who's going to compete for the starter job and there is some kind of vision he's competent and can get it. You need two starting caliber QBs in the NFL.

Typ0
05-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Put him on this team with these new weapons and Turk and I think he will play well......That is why you want him out.

End of story.

I think if you align all the variables in a perfect fashion JP can fool you into thinking he's playing well 70% of the time. That's not what I'm looking for in the QB position. End of story.

Jan Reimers
05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
he has indicated his feelings Jan. "I bought a house in Buffalo...OOPS". "trade me please". "there is no way I'll be on this team after contract runs out". Just a few examples off the top of my head.

Bottom line: the player has asked to be traded. Why string him along? Moving him is a good faith effort that will be seen by all the players. And we need a new guy anyway. You just want to push it off a year and I'm saying to make the change now. Get someone else in here in an attempt to get better production out of the QB position. No, don't bring in some guaranteed third string talent you are going to make second string...get some guy you could have for at least five years who's going to compete for the starter job and there is some kind of vision he's competent and can get it. You need two starting caliber QBs in the NFL.
Those kind of comments are fairly innocuous, and quite understandable from a guy who had just lost his job. They really do not rise to the level of a "festering cancerous growth." JP is a competitor and was unhappy to have been replaced, as any athlete with any pride would have been.

And so what if he wants to be traded? A lot of backups who think they should be starters want to be traded. But if no one wants to give us anything of value for him, I say keep him as our backup for this season.

Since I neither love him nor hate him, it doesn't bother me to have him on our team another year. He could just give us some good stuff if pressed into action.

dasaybz
05-04-2008, 11:14 AM
It's too late to move him now. We need a vet backup, and none are available.

Typ0
05-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Jan I look at it this way. You have 28 positions to fill. Let's assume for a second you assemble the perfect team. Then, you give this team a rating of 100% because they are the best, no one else is going to beat them, they are maxed out in greatness. Now, we should try and examine how far off the mark of greatness we are.

One way to do this is through position analysis. Each position is at a level of greatness...most of ours below 30% IMO. But we have each position at some percent. What is the most important position? QB has the most impact on the outcome of a game as an individual just because he touches the football more than anyone. So, why should the goal that position ever be less than we can make it because we are settling for something?

JP is good enough. No, JP has not been good enough when he has played. In fact, it's starting to look like he's not going to make it. Now we have two guys on the team that are clearly not proven starters, one who we have no idea what direction he will go and one that has gone bad. Why should we settle for this? We shouldn't. We can't. The position is too vital towards getting to the highest rating we can achieve.

OK, so you are trying to construct the team that is 100% greatness. You have to break down positional importance and then fill those positions. Positional importance is a ranking. You then multiply the percent you have the position at by the ranking to achieve a score for the position and rank them from top to bottom. It's pretty obvious that you have to choose the top ranked position to solidify as a matter of importance because it has the greatest impact on your ability to reach the goal of 100% greatness.

We just can't accept anything marginal from the QB position. We can try new people in an attempt to find greatness. But we cannot accept something that is clearly less than great. JP is not great.

Jan Reimers
05-04-2008, 12:19 PM
JP isn't great, so let's trade him for some pile of washed up dog crap, or a 5th round draft pick?

I fail to see the logic.

Novacane
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
The Bills FO loves it...they sell plenty of jerseys (Both qbs) .

:roflmao: Yeah right. I'm sure they can't keep those Losman Jerseys in stock they're going so fast. It's Ridiculas what stupid things JP lickers post :lmao:

justasportsfan
05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Those kind of comments are fairly innocuous, and quite understandable from a guy who had just lost his job. They really do not rise to the level of a "festering cancerous growth." JP is a competitor and was unhappy to have been replaced, as any athlete with any pride would have been.

And so what if he wants to be traded? A lot of backups who think they should be starters want to be traded. But if no one wants to give us anything of value for him, I say keep him as our backup for this season.

Since I neither love him nor hate him, it doesn't bother me to have him on our team another year. He could just give us some good stuff if pressed into action.
:10:

Typ0
05-04-2008, 01:04 PM
JP isn't great, so let's trade him for some pile of washed up dog crap, or a 5th round draft pick?

I fail to see the logic.

that comes down to the probability you increase the production from the position in the long run by making a decision now. I don't think JP will be here after this year...so he's a band aid. We've had lots of band aids here. If we were to go with a 5th round draft pick we'd have a better probability of improving our team long term than with JP IMO.

Same goes with the washed up dog crap...because that player will come at a lower price and free up more resources for other things. If we can get that player whose washed up dog crap who can play off the bench and be decent for a few years that also is a better scenario to push us towards the greatness factor than keeping JP and then fighting the same battle next year. In this case we could have more flexibility to grow another into the position as well.

It really seems, logically, that moving JP is a no-brainer. Which assumes that there is a way to get it done. I have to assume, since it's the thing to do, the reason it's not done is it's being worked on and the proper choices aren't available. But the writing is on the wall, JP would like to be gone and the team doesn't have the confidence in him they had a couple years ago. Despite the opinion of many, JP has been given ample chance to play in the NFL and the organization decided to go in another direction.

acehole
05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I think if you align all the variables in a perfect fashion JP can fool you into thinking he's playing well 70% of the time. That's not what I'm looking for in the QB position. End of story.

You are then looking for bottom 1 or 2 % then?
QB Rating 29 T. Edwards 70.4 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Yards per attempt 31 T. Edwards 6.06 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Completion % 30 T. Edwards 56.1 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Touchdown % 28 T. Edwards 2.6

Who is fooling whom about how good he can play?

Thanks for playing though......

acehole
05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
How did this front office survive without typo calling the shots.....

It is called job security and scape goating....happens all the time in the nfl.

Very easy to blame the qb for all of the teams woa's including coaching.

Most of the dumb fans eat it up just fine.

Full yet?

that comes down to the probability you increase the production from the position in the long run by making a decision now. I don't think JP will be here after this year...so he's a band aid. We've had lots of band aids here. If we were to go with a 5th round draft pick we'd have a better probability of improving our team long term than with JP IMO.

Same goes with the washed up dog crap...because that player will come at a lower price and free up more resources for other things. If we can get that player whose washed up dog crap who can play off the bench and be decent for a few years that also is a better scenario to push us towards the greatness factor than keeping JP and then fighting the same battle next year. In this case we could have more flexibility to grow another into the position as well.

It really seems, logically, that moving JP is a no-brainer. Which assumes that there is a way to get it done. I have to assume, since it's the thing to do, the reason it's not done is it's being worked on and the proper choices aren't available. But the writing is on the wall, JP would like to be gone and the team doesn't have the confidence in him they had a couple years ago. Despite the opinion of many, JP has been given ample chance to play in the NFL and the organization decided to go in another direction.

acehole
05-04-2008, 09:23 PM
:roflmao: Yeah right. I'm sure they can't keep those Losman Jerseys in stock they're going so fast. It's Ridiculas what stupid things JP lickers post :lmao:

What is "Ridiculas" is you don't rebut the rest of the post...or understand it much.

Just because I am not sold on Trend does not make me a JP fan...
If you read my posts you would know that.

While you and me are debating Rj vs DF....it takes the emphasis off of them.

You add nothing to this debate or the board.

Not funny...sad really.

djjimkelly
05-05-2008, 01:53 AM
You are then looking for bottom 1 or 2 % then?
QB Rating 29 T. Edwards 70.4 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Yards per attempt 31 T. Edwards 6.06 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Completion % 30 T. Edwards 56.1 http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/barf.gif
Touchdown % 28 T. Edwards 2.6

Who is fooling whom about how good he can play?

Thanks for playing though......

dont post any facts acehole the trent supporters wont hear any of it.

that 50% passing in december was just special too special olympics that is

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Just because I am not sold on Trend does not make me a JP fan...
If you read my posts you would know that.

Uh-huh.

acehole
05-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Uh-huh.

?
Allways said JP is not good enough of a QB to overcome the rest of the teams issuses. Also said he is inconsitant...I dont have his jersey....

Just smart enough to see the big picture and what it takes to win.
I don't blame JP 100% for his win loss record...it should not fall on his shoulders alone. He is not as bad a qb as some say he is.

Trend is not as good as some say either.

Said this a dozen times.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 09:12 AM
?
Allways said JP is not good enough of a QB to overcome the rest of the teams issuses. Also said he is inconsitant...I dont have his jersey....

I don't blame JP 100% for his win loss record...it should not fall on his shoulders alone. He is not as bad a qb as some say he is.

Said this a dozen times.
they want to believe that those of us who don't hate JP are lickers. Either we're with them or against them .Lame.

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Hell, I don't care what QB is in there as long as they are winning.

But JP makes me rip my hair out. The lack of offensive production with him at QB last year was staggering.

djjimkelly
05-05-2008, 10:43 AM
they want to believe that those of us who don't hate JP are lickers. Either we're with them or against them .Lame.

what makes me laugh the most is when JP gets blasted for our lack of run D or or lack of ball control.

our run D hasnt been worst in league over last 2 years becuz of JP or anything to do with the O people can say its becuz D on field all they want i can remember countless games where teams came out and just started shoving it down our throats from the first drive.

also i have dont have any stats for this i could look it up.

but how many short fields have we see the bills start with over the last few years. this D dont take the ball away.

1 game last year the dallas game skews the entire season on takeaways and lol we still managed to lose that game.

i can think of many times JP started at some teams 30 or trent truly the bills the last few years all i can think of is how many times we have started inside our own 20.

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
The Bills with JP as starter the last 3 years: 10-21
The Bills with someone else starting the last 3 years: 9-8

Enough said.

acehole
05-05-2008, 11:34 AM
You don't need stats with these guys.....it is just how you feel about it....reality be dammed.

Barring a major injury in the NFL somwhere...and some team gives up a 1 or a 2 JP will be the back up for the Buffalo bILLS IN 2008. Which is the piont of this thread.

With Trends propensity for injury don't be suprised if he gets the rock once or twice more this year. That is the real fear or the Trendards.... That is why they don't want him on this team. They know that if he gets a shot with all the pieces in place and wins they will have to come on this board and contort some excuse why he did well...like those 4 td's should have all been picked off or whatever....

They are afraid the "Cancerious blob" will out preform the delicate golden child.

Then what?

Twobillsdrive boards for a month or two ehh?

what makes me laugh the most is when JP gets blasted for our lack of run D or or lack of ball control.

our run D hasnt been worst in league over last 2 years becuz of JP or anything to do with the O people can say its becuz D on field all they want i can remember countless games where teams came out and just started shoving it down our throats from the first drive.

also i have dont have any stats for this i could look it up.

but how many short fields have we see the bills start with over the last few years. this D dont take the ball away.

1 game last year the dallas game skews the entire season on takeaways and lol we still managed to lose that game.

i can think of many times JP started at some teams 30 or trent truly the bills the last few years all i can think of is how many times we have started inside our own 20.

acehole
05-05-2008, 11:35 AM

Enough said.

Ahh now the stats mater.....

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Ahh now the stats mater.....
TD can't be anymore self contradictory. To him it's all about the wins and then forgot about that when he tried to downplay the JP to Evans Td against the jets that won us the game.

The only facts that matter to him are the ones that agree with his opinion.

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
TD can't be anymore self contradictory. To him it's all about the wins and then forgot about that when he tried to downplay the JP to Evans Td against the jets that won us the game.

The only facts that matter to him are the ones that agree with his opinion.

There are alot more stats. that go against Losman than go for him. Big deal he was ranked 11th in rating in 2006. This is 2008. And I already showed how inflated those stats. were.

What is more important than stats. is actually watching the game and seeing how terrible JP is.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
There are alot more stats. that go against Losman than go for him. Big deal he was ranked 11th in rating in 2006. This is 2008. And I already showed how inflated those stats. were.

What is more important than stats. is actually watching the game and seeing how terrible JP is.
all did was spin the facts that agree with your opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Look at sacks.

JP gets sacked much much more often than Tred.

12 times in 269 attempts for Tred

14 times in 175 attempts for JP

This is the same OLine, the same weapons on offense, the same offensive coordinator.

JPs clock in his brain is screwed up for sure.

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
all did was spin the facts that agree with your opinion. At least my opinion is based on facts.

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Look at sacks.

This is the same OLine, the same weapons on offense, the same offensive coordinator.

Same team.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
At least my opinion is based on facts.
facts that are spun. When I bring up facts like , JP to Evans won us that game (FACT)regardless of how the ball was thrown, you spin it.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Look at sacks.

you will always have less sacks when you do a 3 step drop and dink the ball. Trent was harrased when he kept trying to go deep against the jets and left with nothing more than 3 points.

TacklingDummy
05-05-2008, 12:25 PM
facts that are spun. When I bring up facts like , JP to Evans won us that game (FACT)regardless of how the ball was thrown, you spin it.

Actually the Defense and Evans won us the game. JP did his best to try and lose it.

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
you will always have less sacks when you do a 3 step drop and dink the ball. Trent was harrased when he kept trying to go deep against the jets and left with nothing more than 3 points.

So you are blaming JPs sacks on the play calling?

trapezeus
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Dasaybz, the losman fanatics will blame everyone but the guy himself. it's impossible to rationalize with this small minority. They are like collicky children. When you tell them its time to go to bed, they kick and scream and bring up things that has no bearing on the issue, "it's time for bed." And it's time for bed for losman.

When you say that, "you are a trent fan who's is going to come screaming when he fails. But I am a Bills fan first, not a QB fan," they say.

Truth is, all of us are hoping that Trent can stabilize the QB play that we haven't had for the last 5-10 years. If he fails, most of us are ready to go to the next option. But a large majority of us, don't want to see Losman step onto the field, because he's proved to us over 30 games that he can't win games and make us a playoff contender.

But like i said, you can't get through to the select few.

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Dasaybz, the losman fanatics will blame everyone but the guy himself. it's impossible to rationalize with this small minority. They are like collicky children. When you tell them its time to go to bed, they kick and scream and bring up things that has no bearing on the issue, "it's time for bed." And it's time for bed for losman.

When you say that, "you are a trent fan who's is going to come screaming when he fails. But I am a Bills fan first, not a QB fan," they say.

Truth is, all of us are hoping that Trent can stabilize the QB play that we haven't had for the last 5-10 years. If he fails, most of us are ready to go to the next option. But a large majority of us, don't want to see Losman step onto the field, because he's proved to us over 30 games that he can't win games and make us a playoff contender.

But like i said, you can't get through to the select few.

Ya, I've seen the arguments from the Losmaniacs.

I'm just trying to kill some time while I'm here at work.

Bill Cody
05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Same team.

But but but JP had a good QB rating in some of those losses! And Fairchild called bad plays for JP! And Holcomb had more experience! And JP built a house in Buffalo!:nod:

acehole
05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Umm...2 more sack doesnt mean anything.
You can atribute that mostly to the teams that
they played.

Look at sacks.

acehole
05-05-2008, 02:52 PM
But but but JP had a good QB rating in some of those losses! And Fairchild called bad plays for JP! And Holcomb had more experience! And JP built a house in Buffalo!:nod:

Awww does sombody blame JP for taking the job away from Drew Bledsoe?

Things either mater or they don't. If a defensive performance or # 2 WR mater...in a win or a loss...then why not debate it. If a defense scores more pionts then the qb in a win....does not mater? Every NFL expert in there grading of the draft...mentioned that WR was a big need..... Well then why?

Fairchild did suck.

Qb rating maters if you are talking about a qbs play or else they would not keep the stat.

Bieng 30th rated qb in the NFL does mater unless of course if you dont care or a "drew"ling fool.

acehole
05-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Well if you go long more...you need more time to throw.
More time to throw means more sacks. It is logical really.
I suppose JP could of cut that down if he threw 7 feet on
every play like trend does.

I will give you another example. Trend throws one deep ball and guy who support him says...." well that issue is settled he can throw the long ball..."
And they ignore the 5 int's that he threw throwing long balls. Things mater it is not all black and white.

acehole
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Actually the Defense and Evans won us the game. JP did his best to try and lose it.

I was at that game...you are wrong. Just making contrary statements doesnt make them true. JP took that game over when he came in. The defense no longer could put 8 in the box...Trend was throwing 5 yard outs into the ground.... against the vaulted Jets deffense (Sacasm off now). If you have tivo watch it again... .....although you probable still have a vcr.

DrGraves
05-05-2008, 03:21 PM
guys can we really pass up on that tulane pedigree?!?! rofl

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
some on him, some on playcalling, some on his OL. Unlike some people who blame everything on him.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM
:rofl: It takes 2 to make a pass. Yeah Evans threw the ball to himself. :roflmao:

When the D couldn't stop Cutler it was JP's fault for losing the game but when we win against the jets it's all the D. :rofl:

FYI, our D has sucked for years in case you missed it.

FYI , we won that game bu it doesn't count because we won it with JP as the qb. Thanks for proving my point.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Dasaybz, the losman fanatics will blame everyone but the guy himself. liar.
When you tell them its time to go to bed, they kick and scream and bring up things that has no bearing on the issue, "it's time for bed." And it's time for bed for losman. says the one who had to hide behind the ignore button because he couldn't hang with the big boys. Keep hiding under that skirt/ignore button and then come out once in a while to throw jabs rather than discuss the subject. Keep hiding kid, you ain't good enough to play in the big league :snicker:

djjimkelly
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
:rofl: It takes 2 to make a pass. Yeah Evans threw the ball to himself. :roflmao:

When the D couldn't stop Cutler it was JP's fault for losing the game but when we win against the jets it's all the D. :rofl:

FYI , we won that game bu it doesn't count because we won it with JP as the qb. Thanks for proving my point.

our D combined the last 2 seasons is by far the worst in nfl id like to see someone spin that

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:43 AM
btw... JP Losman is the best option for us at backup as of right now.

Wrong.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:46 AM

I'm confident that he would still suck majorily even behind an all pro offensive line and having Randy Moss and TO as his starting wideouts.

He don't understand the QB position at the pro level and never will no matter how much his fan club would like to believe otherwise.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Same team.

This is exactly why I maintain the belief that this team was better off with Holcomb in 2005/2006 and would have made the playoffs at least one of those seasons.

Also as crazy as it seemed at the time - we truly should have started Trent from day one last year after his stellar preseason debut, while Losman was doing what he does best in camp - turning the ball over and looking like a clueless teenager on prom night behind the huddle.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:53 AM
:roflmao: Yeah right. I'm sure they can't keep those Losman Jerseys in stock they're going so fast. It's Ridiculas what stupid things JP lickers post :lmao:00

They are moving fast all right - the same place all the '16-0 - the perfect season' patriots tshirts and hats went after the super bolw. The sad thing is that even starving children in a 3rd world country probably wouldn't want a loserman jersey either.

~The Answer

Historian
05-06-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm converting mine into a 'Historian' jersey.

First I have to dig it out of the attic...

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 06:07 AM

1) JP missed a wide open Lee for a Touchdown.
2) Roscoe Parrish returned a punt 77 yards for Touchdown
3) the JP led offense produce 13 first downs, for a total of 184 yards.
4) JP was 14 of 21 for 97 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int.

I think its safe to say that JP did absolutely nothing against Denver to help the Bills win.

In case you missed it, the Bills D only gave up 3 points against the Jets that day.

Without Evans ripping the ball out of the defenders hands JP's day would have looked like 2 of 5, 28 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int. Not really that impressive.

acehole
05-06-2008, 06:16 AM
[quote=TacklingDummy]1) JP missed a wide open Lee for a Touchdown.

I think its safe to say that JP did absolutely nothing against Denver to help the Bills win.

Denver was a bad game for JP.

You are wrong about the Jets.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 06:24 AM
You are wrong about the Jets.

How so? The D didn't only give up 3 points? Evans TD reception wasn't all Evans?

acehole
05-06-2008, 06:47 AM
How so? The D didn't only give up 3 points? Evans TD reception wasn't all Evans?

Watch the game film of the Jets defense and where they where playing with each qb. Evans made a good catch.....and JP made a good throw. It was very windy which I don't expect you to gather from a game film. The fact that it was 4 inches underthrown was a feat in and of itself. Yes the defense gave up 3 pionts isnt it somthing when the QB gets some help? Fact is JP won the game with his arm and that throw. If you think JP underthrew it Trent would have been picked off had he thrown it. In fact he was that game.

There was some bad playcalling in the denver game I must say...but it was not a good game for JP over all.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by acehole
Watch the game film of the Jets defense and where they where playing with each qb. Evans made a good catch.....and JP made a good throw. It was very windy which I don't expect you to gather from a game film. The fact that it was 4 inches underthrown was a feat in and of itself. Yes the defense gave up 3 pionts isnt it somthing when the QB gets some help? Fact is JP won the game with his arm and that throw. If you think JP underthrew it Trent would have been picked off had he thrown it. In fact he was that game.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yackling dummy said"
Wow, this is why some people get called a JP Licker.

Explain? I am a licker because explained the truth?

Excuses and credit for a bad throw.

acehole
05-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Excuses and credit for a bad throw.

Which resulted in a catch and a td which lead to the win.

That makes me a licker?

Unfortunalty for you they don't keep the stats of that you might want to write the NFL to start.

Most balls thrown and caught dont make NFL films I am afraid.

Bottom line is Trent was outplayed by JP in that game.

It doent mater to anyone that you want to believe somthing else.

Anyway piont of the thread is JP as the back up...for now he is the best option for us and the FO agrees...deal with it.

HHURRICANE
05-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Why is this thing still going?

JP lost his job for a reason. If Lee Evans doesn't fight for the ball against the Jets, that ball is a pick.

JP is a good backup option to Edwards. Let's leave it at that.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Umm...2 more sack doesnt mean anything.
You can atribute that mostly to the teams that
they played.

Those 2 sacks came in 90 less attempts.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Well if you go long more...you need more time to throw.
More time to throw means more sacks. It is logical really.
I suppose JP could of cut that down if he threw 7 feet on
every play like trend does.

I will give you another example. Trend throws one deep ball and guy who support him says...." well that issue is settled he can throw the long ball..."
And they ignore the 5 int's that he threw throwing long balls. Things mater it is not all black and white.

So as soon as JP goes in there and takes a few snaps at QB, the offensive coaches get together and say, hey, JPs in there, we need to throw the ball long every single play?

Hell, JP came out and said that the coaching staff wasn't being aggressive enough, so I really don't understand this comment of yours.

trapezeus
05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
i'm not even sure if JP read this thread, he would make half the excuses that his fanatics make.

I've read some of acehole's comments through other people's replies. I'm beginning to think that he's just a jokester. i can't really believe that he thinks JP's hailmary to evans during the jets game was impressive considering the winds.

Thinking back on JP over the 4 years, one thing that drives me mad is that i think of all his TD thrown, very few have come from long sustained drives that show accuracy and the ability to read a defense and make changes. Instead, most of his TD's seem to come from a wish and a prayer.

Of course the long ball is fun, but it's hardly the way to survive.

You know what is hilarious is that Cutler outplayed JP and he was suffering from untreated diabetes. Dating a diabetic, i can tell you that when you aren't getting insulin, you are so sluggish and very scatter brained. It's either a testament to the fact Cutler is a warrior or that JP is so bad that a guy with 5x the blood sugar levels still managed to play better than JP did.

Philagape
05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
I've read some of acehole's comments through other people's replies. I'm beginning to think that he's just a jokester. i can't really believe that he thinks JP's hailmary to evans during the jets game was impressive considering the winds.

Or that Trent throws "7 feet on every play" or that he threw 5 INTs on long balls (only one was). Those are either jokes or lies, which would be par for the course. They're not very funny, so it must be just plain hate.

And once again (and this is just in general), we need to correct the myth that Trent is all dink-and-dunk compared to long-ball JP. Trent's percentage of his throws that were 10 yards or less was 74.7 percent .... JP's was 73.7 percent. One whopping percentage point, which is more than explained by the impossible-weather games. Before that, JP's D&D percentage was higher.
Let's also look at who was the better long-ball passer. Trent completed 3 of 9 passes that were 30 yards or longer. JP? 2 of 13, with both completions on bad passes.

Myths never seem to die.

acehole
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Those 2 sacks came in 90 less attempts.

We use to blame the oline for sacks.

acehole
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
So as soon as JP goes in there and takes a few snaps at QB, the offensive coaches get together and say, hey, JPs in there, we need to throw the ball long every single play?

Hell, JP came out and said that the coaching staff wasn't being aggressive enough, so I really don't understand this comment of yours.

No not at all.

There is a progression. The long ball or short ball can be thrown on the very same play sometimes. It depends on the confidence level of the qb and who is open. I don't know what you mean about the aggressive comment...I did not hear that. It is possible he was refering to the 10 run plays they would call in a row.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Yea keep the name calling up when you cant debate. IMHO I thought he does what all good qb's do in that game...give the WR a chance to make a play. It worked. We scored and won...isnt that all that you people seem to care about when we throw stats at you?

The piont of that comment was to contast the two qb's in the same game...and how opposing defenses play each. I did not glorify the long ball... tackling Dummy brought it up and bashed JP for making a TD. Eli did not make a perfect pass in the big game but it was amazingly caught....which will make highlight reals for ever. Jp does it and the haters hate.

PS I got news for you sparky..Cutler outplayed Tent as well.

i'm not even sure if JP read this thread, he would make half the excuses that his fanatics make.

Thinking back on JP over the 4 years, one thing that drives me mad is that i think of all his TD thrown, very few have come from long sustained drives that show accuracy and the ability to read a defense and make changes. Instead, most of his TD's seem to come from a wish and a prayer.

You know what is hilarious is that Cutler outplayed JP and he was suffering from untreated diabetes. Dating a diabetic, i can tell you that when you aren't getting insulin, you are so sluggish and very scatter brained. It's either a testament to the fact Cutler is a warrior or that JP is so bad that a guy with 5x the blood sugar levels still managed to play better than JP did.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Why is this thing still going?

JP lost his job for a reason. If Lee Evans doesn't fight for the ball against the Jets, that ball is a pick.

JP is a good backup option to Edwards. Let's leave it at that.

I agree 100%.

JP is a good option at back up to Edwards.

We need at least 2 decent back ups to Trent as it is a physical game.

You will and can argue this piont is you want and you guys may even with facts in your face but.....

Trent is injury prone...and his history in school and the NFL back me up....new muscley arms not withstanding.

If if if did not happen at the Jets game reality did.

Good qb's give thier WR's a chance at the ball....that is what he did and it worked.

Eli did the same thing in the superbowl...there is not one true fan of the giants that belittled eli for giving his wr a chance at a play.

Hater's hate on.....

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
We use to blame the oline for sacks.

I understand that, but when the same QB is in the same offense, with the same offensive line, and his percentage of pass attempts to sacks is drastically different, then it appears obvious that the problem is NOT with the OLine.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Is it at all possible in the least that having the worst run deffense and the second worst pass deffense had anything at all to do with Cutler outplaying JP?....or is that a none factor?

Not only do you have me on ignore.....you have critical thinking on ignore as well.

The jets game had more in it then that play anyway.

You people need to rewatch the game and take your hate goggles off for 5 min.

I also said JP did not play well in the Denver game. Your post has no piont really.

So if you disagree Losman is not the solution at back up and want him off this team...you need to take it up with the coaching staff and front office. Not me.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
No not at all.

There is a progression. The long ball or short ball can be thrown on the very same play sometimes. It depends on the confidence level of the qb and who is open. I don't know what you mean about the aggressive comment...I did not hear that. It is possible he was refering to the 10 run plays they would call in a row.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5257

Here's the article about Losman wanting the coaches to open it up.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I understand that, but when the same QB is in the same offense, with the same offensive line, and his percentage of pass attempts to sacks is drastically different, then it appears obvious that the problem is NOT with the OLine.

I can understand that....but I dont think it is drastic.

The Jags DL was a monster and JP was not thier only sack.

Level of comptition has to go in to the equation someplace no?

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 10:38 AM
I can understand that....but I dont think it is drastic.

The Jags DL was a monster and JP was not thier only sack.

Level of comptition has to go in to the equation someplace no?

Absolutely. Of course some teams are better at rushing the QB than others. But to have such a drastic difference in percentage being sacked, it's got to point to some other things.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5257

Here's the article about Losman wanting the coaches to open it up.

Ok good read.... Why did we bring this up? Seems Lee and JP had a piont there.

No?

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Absolutely. Of course some teams are better at rushing the QB than others. But to have such a drastic difference in percentage being sacked, it's got to point to some other things.

Your piont is that he got sack because he isnt as smart or something...ok.

Not enough info for me to make that assesement..bases on 2 more sacks.

It could also mean one stands in the pocket more to make a play vs
bieng scared to get hit.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Ok good read.... Why did we bring this up? Seems Lee and JP had a piont there.

No?

I brought this up because you said that JP takes more sacks because the Bills take more chances with him in there.

This article clearly shows that this just isn't true.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Your piont is that he got sack because he isnt as smart or something...ok.

Not enough info for me to make that assesement..bases on 2 more sacks.

It could also mean one stands in the pocket more to make a play vs
bieng scared to get hit.

2 more sacks in 90 less attempts.

acehole
05-06-2008, 10:53 AM
2 more sacks in 90 less attempts.

Well cut to the chase man...

What do you think that means?

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 11:09 AM
It means JPs clock is broken.

dasaybz
05-06-2008, 11:11 AM
It also means JP is killing drives by taking more sacks than Trent. It means he's locking onto a WR and not going through his reads. It means that he can't hit his outlet receiver. It means he's not dumping the ball off to his RB out of the backfield.

It means alot about him.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
1) JP missed a wide open Lee for a Touchdown.

In case you missed it, the Bills D only gave up 3 points against the Jets that day.

Without Evans ripping the ball out of the defenders hands JP's day would have looked like 2 of 5, 28 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Int. Not really that impressive.
so what if it's a badly thrown ball? WE WON THE GAME>

FLUTIE DID THAT HIS ENTIRE CAREER and yet you're a Flutie Flake ,so why is it a problem? Ah , because it's was thrown by a player you hate.I get it. :rolleyes:

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Evans TD reception wasn't all Evans?
somebody had to throw him the ball.

Dr. Lecter
05-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I started a JP thread that is now almost 250 replies long.

Either I suck or totally rule.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM

another football impaired post from Trap. Shanahan vs. Fairchild. Nuff said.

If Cutler was out qb, he'd stink too.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Which resulted in a catch and a td which lead to the win.

That makes me a licker?

Unfortunalty for you they don't keep the stats of that you might want to write the NFL to start.

Most balls thrown and caught dont make NFL films I am afraid.

Bottom line is Trent was outplayed by JP in that game.

It doent mater to anyone that you want to believe somthing else.

Anyway piont of the thread is JP as the back up...for now he is the best option for us and the FO agrees...deal with it.
The D couldn't stop the broncos in 2 4th downs that would've won us the game if they did while the bills were leading 14-12 . That loss was JP's fault. :coocoo:

JP comes in and scores 10 points to win us the jets game and yet it was all Lee and the D. :coocoo:

Hilarious.

I've stated several times that JP has had his own mistakes but to others everything was his maistake and no one else's and then they'll come back and agree that Fairchild was an idiot and we had no OL. Thats' JP's fault too :coocoo:

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 11:32 AM
The D couldn't stop the broncos in 2 4th downs that would've won us the game if they did while the bills were leading 14-12 . That loss was JP's fault. :coocoo:

JP led the Bills offense to 7 points, 13 first downs, 184 yards, 97 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int. JP is one of the main reasons the Bills lost to Denver.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 11:33 AM
yet it was all Lee and the D.

Agreed. :up:

acehole
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
It means JPs clock is broken.

Ok.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:34 AM
JP led the Bills offense to 7 points, 13 first downs, 184 yards, 97 yards passing, 0 TDs, 1 Int. JP is one of the main reasons the Bills lost to Denver.
One of the resaons yes, not the only reason.

When he left the field we were leading 14-12. The D should've done it's job. They couldn't even stop a qb that's not known for scrambling. 2 4th downs they screwed up.

acehole
05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
It also means JP is killing drives by taking more sacks than Trent. It means he's locking onto a WR and not going through his reads. It means that he can't hit his outlet receiver. It means he's not dumping the ball off to his RB out of the backfield.

It means alot about him.

That is a lot to read from 2 sacks.

But I respect your opinion.

TacklingDummy
One of the resaons yes, not the only reason.

When he left the field we were leading 14-12. The D should've done it's job.

Agreed. He is the main reason but not the only reason. The D did it's job almost all game. The offense didn't do its job almost the whole game.

justasportsfan
Agreed. :up:
NOT. It was the D , Lee and JP.

Lee wouldn't even be part of the win if JP didn't come in. JP comes in and all of a sudden Lee became a factor in the win. FACT!!

BY your logic, Moulds brought Flutie to the probowl. It was all Moulds because all Flutie did was throw the ball up in the air and NMOulds came down with it. IT WAS ALL MOULDS!!! :snicker:

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Agreed. He is the main reason but not the only reason. The D did it's job almost all game. The offense didn't do its job almost the whole game.
the D was the main reason. We were leading 14 -12. they couldn't stop anyone.

TacklingDummy
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
NOT. It was the D , Lee and JP.

Lee wouldn't even be part of the win if JP didn't come in. JP comes in and all of a sudden Lee became a factor in the win. FACT!!

It's already been proven that Lee gave JP a gift during the Jets game and that the D only gave up 3 points.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
It's already been proven that Lee gave JP a gift during the Jets game and that the D only gave up 3 points.
I was also talking about the jets game that you refuse to acknowledge JP's contribution to the win. It's all about the win like you said....unless it's JP then we win inspite of him. Yeah right. :roflmao: