PDA

View Full Version : I have a man-crush on James Hardy

Pride
05-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I wanted a big WR for the last few years... a Moss, T.O., esque WR who can go up and get the ball in the endzone.

I would have been happy with any of the 3 big WR's in the draft... but Hardy was our pick so immediately, I supported him.

After watching combine, draft day, and other videos (not highlight reels) I have to admit that I now have a man-crush on James.

His demeanor and charisma in front of the camera are things that make me feel he is going to be a big time player in this league. He refers to himself as a man, who at one time, made teenager mistakes. He says he has learned from them, and I believe him.

He talks about making Buffalo proud that they picked him, working as hard as he can to be the best he can, and says his hard youth will only help him succeed.

I... for one... love this guy!

His jersey may be the first active player jersey I go out and buy!

Go Hardy! Go Bills!

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I am happy with Hardy as well.

mikemac2001
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
You should have said you have a Hard-on For Hardy much better title

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
i agree Pride.. i actually started to really like him after i saw his combine interview.. i was trying to find out more about the charges that were dropped and see if he really was a piece of **** that hit his girl and kid, but after watching everything i could about him, i really was pulling for him more than any other wr. it was a shock when the bills actually drafted the one guy i wanted them too.

i also love the way he kind of embraced the team immediately and didnt start screaming superbowl.. he just said he wants to make everyone proud like he did at indiana.. he also seems to have a solid support system in place and will hopefully not have to worry about getting in any trouble.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I'd like to see him on and off the field throughout the season before worshipping him.

He can tell us what we want to hear. That's all fine and dandy but let's see him do it.

Pride
05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
MM... I'm pretty sure that at this point, we all get the fact that actions on the field need to come before a player is thought of as a great player.

But just like any other new player added to our team... there is nothing wrong with getting excited about the possibility of a stand-out player... and more in-tune with this thread... about the character a new player has.

Can we... just for now... forget the fact that these guys haven't played a down in the NFL yet... and just focus on the positives of being a Bills player fan?

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Watching film of Hardy is like watching film of Plaxico.

I hope he has an impact as a rookie.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2008, 12:08 PM
MM... I'm pretty sure that at this point, we all get the fact that actions on the field need to come before a player is thought of as a great player.

But just like any other new player added to our team... there is nothing wrong with getting excited about the possibility of a stand-out player... and more in-tune with this thread... about the character a new player has.

Can we... just for now... forget the fact that these guys haven't played a down in the NFL yet... and just focus on the positives of being a Bills player fan?
I've never been much of a negative nancy Bills fan. So sure, I'm excited about having a big tall WR on the other side of Evans. I think it'll bode well for our case to sign Evans too, showing commitment to help him help us.

Mr B
05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
It will be nice to see Edwards just toss the ball up to the big man for a TD. That's something Brady and Manning have enjoyed. I bet it's a lot easier than throwing to a smurf in traffic.

Pride
05-01-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL

"smurf in traffic"

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2008, 12:54 PM
I created Hardy for Madden and put him on my Bills team. I know its only madden but holy s*** you should see what a difference a 6'6" receiver makes.

yordad
05-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I was wowed when he said something like, "the whole world doesn't know what's in store." Followed later by, "this is going to be the first year I ever concentrated on football".

I also predict he will be a straight up beast.

DrGraves
05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hardy is soooo dreammmy... I could just stare into his eyes for days (needing to stand on a ladder of course)

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM

i actually remember feeling this way about lynch as soon as we drafted him last year too... i had some really negative feelings about him initially, then looked into it more and was ok with everything and excited for us to draft him.. then when we did, i could just kind of tell he was going to be exactly what buffalo needed.. and he was.

Michael82
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Pride, you aren't the only one. Sure I wanted Malcolm Kelly, but after watching all the highlights, listening to the interviews and picturing a 6'6 receiver wearing a Buffalo Bills uniform, something we have never had before and something we always wanted, I'm in love too! I can't wait to go out and get a James Hardy jersey.

I really feel that he is going to do for us what Larry Fitzgerald does in Arizona or at least what Plaxico Burress did in Pittsburgh and NY. We finally have a receiver that can stand in the endzone and leap over the CBs and get the touchdown! Plus he really wants to play hard for us and prove the other teams wrong! :drool:

yordad
05-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I'd like to see him on and off the field throughout the season before worshipping him.

He can tell us what we want to hear. That's all fine and dandy but let's see him do it.Listen man, the kid has "poise". :band:

No seriously, effort goes along way. Confidence goes a long way. A NEED to provide goes a long way. Experience goes a long way, and despite the fact he doesn't have much, it is clear to see he is highly skilled.

Oh yeah, and being highly skilled goes a long way too. All the physical attributes you could ask for combined with the right frame of mind? Like he said, "the whole world doesn't know what's in store."

I am a poker avid poker player (and ex-professional), and this guy wasn't bluffing. He meant it. And, and the same time he managed to be humble.

"Gitcha jersey buying money ready!!"

Oaf
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
My one question with him is how effective he'll be between the hashes and between our 30 and their 30. We all know he can make the sideline and deep grabs and should own the redzone, but can he catch consistently in tight coverage over the middle and make extra yards? I felt that was Kelly's and Thomas' strength.

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 07:22 PM
if all he can do is catch deep passes and sideline passes, including in the endzone.. i will be absolutely fine with that.. we have 4 other guys that can make the catch in the middle of the field, that should be much more open.

Michael82
05-01-2008, 08:21 PM
if all he can do is catch deep passes and sideline passes, including in the endzone.. i will be absolutely fine with that.. we have 4 other guys that can make the catch in the middle of the field, that should be much more open.
Exactly! :hi5:

RingofFire
05-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I agree he looks like a Plaxico clone!

Michael82
05-01-2008, 09:34 PM
yup and that is a good thing! :up:

blackonyx89
05-02-2008, 02:22 PM

I concur!!!

:poop:

colin
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
a deep threat and a big body, if we keep everything else going on the right track lynch and trent might put up some stats.

Ghost
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
This kid is a real intelligent guy after listening to his one on one. Lets hope he plays as well as he sounds.

X-Era
05-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I wanted a big WR for the last few years... a Moss, T.O., esque WR who can go up and get the ball in the endzone.

I would have been happy with any of the 3 big WR's in the draft... but Hardy was our pick so immediately, I supported him.

After watching combine, draft day, and other videos (not highlight reels) I have to admit that I now have a man-crush on James.

His demeanor and charisma in front of the camera are things that make me feel he is going to be a big time player in this league. He refers to himself as a man, who at one time, made teenager mistakes. He says he has learned from them, and I believe him.

He talks about making Buffalo proud that they picked him, working as hard as he can to be the best he can, and says his hard youth will only help him succeed.

I... for one... love this guy!

His jersey may be the first active player jersey I go out and buy!

Go Hardy! Go Bills!

I watched the same presser.

I am going to save all of the predictions until I see what he can do on an NFL field. But I am really excited about this prospect.

We may really reap the rewards from drafting this guy.

Confused
05-02-2008, 04:10 PM
He is a god among men.....

coastal
05-02-2008, 05:19 PM
This kid is a real intelligent guy after listening to his one on one. Lets hope he plays as well as he sounds.His one on one was awesome.

This kid as a fire in his belly for the game.