PDA

View Full Version : D. Bell's mom 13 when Karl Malone knocked her up?!

soapman
05-01-2008, 08:05 AM
If you never heard of Buffalo Bills rookie offensive tackle Demetrius Bell, you’ll be rooting for him when I tell you his story.

Bell was a seventh-round draft pick and two-year starter at Northwestern State, the same Louisiana school that produced cornerback Terrence McGee.

Bell is the son of Malone, but the Mailman had no role in Bell’s success except passing along athletic genes.

The two have had very little contact during Bell’s life. His mother, Gloria Bell, reportedly was only 13 years old and Malone a college sophomore at Louisiana Tech when Demetrius was born. Malone might have served jail time had her family asked the district attorney to file criminal charges.

Bell didn’t even know Malone was his father until after graduating from high school. When they finally met, Malone told the 18-year-old Bell it was too late to be his father, and that Bell would have to “earn his money on his own.”

link (http://www.mediatakeout.com/23258/explosive_nba_great_karl_malone_had_a_baby_with_a_13_yr_old.html)

Pride
05-01-2008, 08:10 AM
I used to be a huge Jazz fan.. and along with that... a big Karl Malone fan.. but seeing all of this stuff come out has changed that.

While I do agree that finding out you have a son who is already 18, should not make you responsible for him... the way he went about it was not cool at all.

Also, sophomore in college with a 13 year old?? eeeww!

The Spaz
05-01-2008, 08:39 AM
This topic was posted in the other Demitrius Bell thread.

Pinkerton Security
05-01-2008, 08:54 AM
hes still a s***head for knocking up a 13 year old.

On a side note, why is NORTHWESTERN state university in Lousiana? Must be in the Northwestern part of the state, but isnt Northeastern in Boston? Odd.

BillyT92679
05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
13 when she had the kid, maybe 12 when she got pregnant

Goobylal
05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Statutory rape from what I understand is a crime whe the victim doesn't need to press charges, the DA does it him/herself. That's what happened to Travis Henry. Unless the law changed.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
It probably varies from state to state.

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Malone told the 18-year-old Bell it was too late to be his father, and that Bell would have to “earn his money on his own.”

How about, Im sorry I havent been a part of your life....Karl Malone can die of gonnoreha and rot in hell

Goobylal
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
It probably varies from state to state.
Good point. Kind of like the legal age of consent. As if kids mature faster in one state versus another. :rolleyes:

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
That has to be weird, you are what 22 and your mom is 35.

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
i wish malone got aids and not magic johnson now.

:up:

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Wow, didn't know she was 13 at the time, that's disgusting.

DraftBoy
05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Good point. Kind of like the legal age of consent. As if kids mature faster in one state versus another. :rolleyes:

§80. Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile

(1) A person who is nineteen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than seventeen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

(2) A person who is seventeen years of age or older has sexual intercourse, with consent, with a person who is twelve years of age or older but less than fifteen years of age, when the victim is not the spouse of the offender; or

Thats the Louisiana code on this, not sure on the statute of limitations.

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
is it too late to arrest him and make sure he is ass raped?

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 11:33 AM
i had a friend growing up who was a big malone fan. i hated malone. and this story makes me hate him even more.

It makes you want to root for D Bell. i hope he can make the team.

casdhf
05-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Someone would have to complain first.

Stewie
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
karl malone was a dirty player and apparently a dirty person too.

he was good, but also lucky he had johnny s feeding him the ball

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I've seen some pretty cute 13 year olds but I'd cut my own **** off before I go touch them.

Perv. :mad:

DraftBoy
05-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Before we advocate violence, do we have any kind of a credible source??

Stewie
05-01-2008, 11:42 AM

news.google.com
"karl malone"

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
It's from Buffalo News.

http://www.buffalonews.com/274/story/334471.html

DraftBoy
05-01-2008, 11:45 AM
news.google.com
"karl malone"

Alright advocate away!

schubbard
05-01-2008, 11:47 AM
22 years ago they didn't have quick and easy paternity testing, so if the initial incident wasn't reported (with enough proof for conviction), there would have been little a DA could do later...

yordad
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Statutory rape from what I understand is a crime whe the victim doesn't need to press charges, the DA does it him/herself. That's what happened to Travis Henry. Unless the law changed.No, your right, but you still need a whistle blower, non lazy DA, and an offender who isn't a local celeb.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 12:20 PM
It probably varies from state to state. did this happen in Utah. If so, not surprised. If not, no wonder why he went to Utah.

mikemac2001
05-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Never liked him ....now he is just scum

TigerJ
05-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I used to be a huge Jazz fan.. and along with that... a big Karl Malone fan.. but seeing all of this stuff come out has changed that.

While I do agree that finding out you have a son who is already 18, should not make you responsible for him... the way he went about it was not cool at all.

As I understand the article, it says nothing about whether or not Malone knew he had a son. It states Bell did not know his father's identity until he was 18. If Malone really had no idea, I suppose I could see his point, though I would think he might want to do something for his son to make up for all the times he wasn't there, but if Malone did know, he absolutely had an obligation and now has a debt he'll never be able to repay. I'd almost like to see Malone go broke and have to come begging his all pro son for something to live on. It would be the kind of payback Malone deserves.

yordad
05-01-2008, 02:02 PM
As I understand the article, it says nothing about whether or not Malone knew he had a son. It states Bell did not know his father's identity until he was 18. If Malone really had no idea, I suppose I could see his point, though I would think he might want to do something for his son to make up for all the times he wasn't there, but if Malone did know, he absolutely had an obligation and now has a debt he'll never be able to repay. I'd almost like to see Malone go broke and have to come begging his all pro son for something to live on. It would be the kind of payback Malone deserves.Your neglecting he humped a 12 year old. Have any daughters?

Just messin man, you seem stand up.

I just hope the kid makes it big. Big for the Bills. And, big for his Mom. Screw Karl.

I can just see it though, "Dam you Mary Jane, who is the Dad?"
"It was the Milkman Mommy."

Gunzlingr
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I am waiting for Colin to rush to the Mailman's defense.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2008, 02:44 PM

Travis Henry was a big Karl Malone fan while growing up.

DrGraves
05-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Well that settles it, the mailman is a rapist and a douche.

Ghost
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I hope Bell becomes a perennial pro-bowler, signs a 70 million dollar contract, gets a statue of him in Buffalo and becomes a hall of famer.

Then, piss on Malones grave. That story is disgusting and makes me embarrased to be a man.

jamze132
05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
That has to be weird, you are what 22 and your mom is 35.
Well I gues you could have both mother and daughter living in the same nursing home as well. How ****ed up would that be?