PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones wanted Hardy

Saratoga Slim
05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
ESPN2 just ran a story on the Cowboys' attempts to add a WR to aid TO. Apparently they tried to trade for Anquan Boldin, then tried for Roy Williams and Chad Johnson but couldn't get the Cardinals, Lions or Bengals to deal.

When they couldn't get a trade done, Jerry Jones was apparently pushing hard to move up in the 2nd round to take James Hardy, but "his warroom overruled him."

Anyway, we're low on news at the moment, so thought I'd post this...

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 09:35 AM
not a good sign. This means that HArdy could be an a$$ since Jones attracted to them.

casdhf
05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Be patient, Jerry. I'm sure Hardy will become a good player, who we end up not paying when his rookie contract is up. You'll just have to wait 4 years.

SeatownBillsFan21
05-01-2008, 11:39 AM
yeah thats gonna happen

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
When they couldn't get a trade done, Jerry Jones was apparently pushing hard to move up in the 2nd round to take James Hardy, but "his warroom overruled him."

Jerry Jones does what he feels like. I doubt he got overruled by his own employees.

raphael120
05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Be patient, Jerry. I'm sure Hardy will become a good player, who we end up not paying when his rookie contract is up. You'll just have to wait 4 years.

Nah man, in 4 years we're going to be makin massive amounts of money from the Toronto experiment. And maybe even looking to moving this team to the cash cow that is Toronto...so either way we'll be able to keep Hardy...the only question is...will the team still be the "Buffalo" Bills??? In 4 years Evans will be gone because he'll be old and Hardy will be our main WR (if he lives up to his top billing)

dasaybz
05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
None of the Bills ever get contract extensions do they?

We should be overpaying for Nate Clements and London Fletcher every year right?

casdhf
05-01-2008, 12:31 PM
The FO spends money. If he ends up a good player, I'm sure we'll keep him. **** Jerry Jones either way. I hope he forgets to take his blood thinners.