X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bucs' Smith charged with aggravated assault

Super Bowl hero Dwight Smith of the Tampa Bay Bucs was arrested Wednesday and charged with brandishing a handgun at another motorist.

Smith, a third-round draft pick in 2001, returned two interceptions for touchdowns in Tampa Bay's Super Bowl victory over the Oakland Raiders in January. A backup cornerback in 2002, he is expected to become the starting free safety next season.

"I apologize for any negative light that I may have placed on our football team and the entire Buccaneer organization,'' Smith said in a statement released by the team. "However, it is not appropriate for me to comment any further on the specifics of this matter at this time.''
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Paka
      • Jan 2003

Sheesh... gotta wonder, WHAT was he thinking?! :angry:

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
        You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
        • Jul 2002

He derserves after the money he cost me from the last INT for a TD :angry:

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Prosecutors choose lesser charge on Buc

CLEARWATER - Prosecutors have filed a formal charge of improper exhibition of a firearm against Bucs defensive back Dwight Smith in connection with a road rage incident in April.

Clearwater police arrested Smith on a felony charge of aggravated assault. The charge chosen by prosecutors is a misdemeanor.

Police said Smith, 24, and another driver, John Schultz, 43, argued and exchanged gestures after they tried to merge into the same lane of Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard on April 16. Smith pulled out a 9mm semiautomatic handgun, which frightened Schultz.
          more
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Charges Against Bucs' Smith Reduced

LARGO - Prosecutors have reduced the charges against Bucs defensive back Dwight Smith, who allegedly brandished a handgun during a road-rage incident on Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard in April.
            Initially, Clearwater police charged Smith, 24, with one felony count of aggravated assault. But Tuesday, the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office filed a lesser charge of improper exhibition of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

more

Comment

Working...
            X