PDA

View Full Version : Compare now to last year at this time...

xXSpIkes5IXx
05-01-2008, 12:27 PM
In this team, i see no gaping holes. We have adressed our needs, and there are still a few unknowns, mainly the rookies and the QB, but i dont see any true "holes" in the roster.

Last year we knew we had no #2 reciever across from Evans, We knew we had a big weakness at DT, we had no cornerback to replace Nate, and we were paper thin at the linebacker position. (and this was before all the injuries)

I see all those holes as being filled through FA and the draft this year. Hopefully that can translate to a much more complete team next year!

Go Bills

Pride
05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Plus all of the backups that got valuable playing time last year in case the unthinkable happens yet again.

Mahdi
05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah... i agree... We have a really nice blend of youth and experience at every position on the team...

Evans and Hardy

McGee and McLovin

Whitner and Ko

Stroud and McCargo

Royal, Anderson and Fine

OL - is young with a good amount of experience

Poz, Mitchell and Crowell

Lynch, Jackson and X

Schobel, Kelsay and Ellis..................

Exciting times for the Bills and Fans.

casdhf
05-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I think we're a few breaks away from 11-5, I also think we're a few away from 5-11.

I think the entire season will come down to TE and the pass rush.

Novacane
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
It all hinges on QB. If TE blossoms this year the Bills should be good. If not we'll suck.

yordad
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
I see two glaring holes. TE and FB. Royal and Barnes have to be among the worst starters in the entire league facing little camp competition.

Other then that, I like our squad. Good players, and seemingly good men. Young, energetic, and hungry. Solid depth also.

If we bounced our ball a different way or two a couple days ago, I would feel better. But, as of now, I feel fine.

Sign Lee and Crowell long term right now, one more good draft, and the Pats could be in the rear view mirror before we know it.

trapezeus
05-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I think we're a few breaks away from 11-5, I also think we're a few away from 5-11.

if i could quadruple thank this post, i would.

justasportsfan
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
In this team, i see no gaping holes. We have adressed our needs, and there are still a few unknowns, mainly the rookies and the QB, but i dont see any true "holes" in the roster.

Last year we knew we had no #2 reciever across from Evans, We knew we had a big weakness at DT, we had no cornerback to replace Nate, and we were paper thin at the linebacker position. (and this was before all the injuries)

I see all those holes as being filled through FA and the draft this year. Hopefully that can translate to a much more complete team next year!

Go Bills
our qb position is still a questionmark as is our OC.

yordad
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh, and our center is pretty bad.

Night Train
05-01-2008, 04:05 PM
I can see positions I wish we more talent at ( TE,C ) but it's not hopeless.

The roster keeps getting better. The Coaching is the wildcard.

Confused
05-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah... i agree... We have a really nice blend of youth and experience at every position on the team...

Evans and Hardy

McGee and McLovin

Whitner and Ko

Stroud and McCargo

Royal, Anderson and Fine

OL - is young with a good amount of experience

Poz, Mitchell and Crowell

Lynch, Jackson and X

Schobel, Kelsay and Ellis..................

Exciting times for the Bills and Fans.

all the blood just left my head......

Luisito23
05-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah man I really cannot wait ti'll preseason and even TC!...Even rookie mini-camps got me hyped up!.....And how could we possibly be any worst at defense now that Fairchild is finally gone....:drunks:....Good times ahead indeed!....

DrGraves
05-01-2008, 08:17 PM
we have no big holes, but we are an injury or two away from the ground crumbling beneath our feet.

Ghost
05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Aside from "questions" at quarterback and thoughts about a #2 receiver. The year really has the same expectations for me.

Get a wildcard spot.

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 09:19 PM

Go Bills

Positivity, such a breath of fresh air! Even if we are doomed I would rather remain apathetic to it. I think by adding Stroud alone this team has improved greatly, not to mention adding guys like McKelvin and Hardy. It all started last year though by adding Dockery, Walker and Butler, those 3 men put us in a great place for this year.

OpIv37
05-01-2008, 09:22 PM
The D looks to be significantly improved.

The O still has no TE, no depth on the OL and is dependent on a second year QB and rookie receiver, and it will be the downfall of this team. The revamped D won't do us any good if the O can't keep them off the field.

historypete
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
We might not have any "gaping holes" but there are a number of question marks.

First off, is our QB situation. If Edwards doesn't improve then we are in trouble.

Center and TE are are our biggest concern areas. Fowler gets blown up too easily, and we still don't have a guy who can stretch a defense down the seam. Hopefully Teyo Johnson or Anderson can do this, because Royal can't.

I really don't care about FB. If it were up to me it would be used in a very limited role.

I think a lot of people are thinking Hardy will really step up in the #2 slot. I sure hope so, and I think he has the ability to do so, but it must be kept in mind that rookie WRs don't usually adjust that quickly. If he stumbles a bit, Reed is going to hold that spot for a while.

On Defense, I will say we've done a lot to upgrade. Fewell should have enough pieces in place to run a very effective defense. I just wished, going back to the draft, we would have picked up Dre Moore or Red Bryant for help on our DT rotation in the 4th round instead of Reggie Corner. Besides that I think we are in good shape. I wish we had some better depth at LB, but maybe Bowen can surprise.

Overall though there is no question the team has improved. If the defense plays as well as it looks on paper, and Schonert puts together a half-way decent offensive gameplan we should get a wildcard spot considering the favorability of our schedule.

djjimkelly
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
this coaching staff is not good enough. thats all that needs to be said

Mudflap1
05-01-2008, 10:32 PM
The defense looks to be better. The offense, in time, may be better, but also may not be any better.

We need a quarterback to emerge. That presumably hinges on Trent Edwards. However, since he happens to still be here, there is maybe a chance (small chance) that it could be Losman, if Edwards gets injured or can't perform. But probably Edwards.

The center is still a weakness. Tight end is still a weakness. Wide receiver is still a weakness until Hardy (or another #2) emerges. That could take a year or two still (see Eric Moulds, Peerless Price 1st time around, Lee Evans, etc.).

I still think this team could be 6-10 or 7-9, easily. If the line holds up, a 2nd receiver (at least adequately) emerges, and a consistent quarterback emerges, we could be looking at 8-8 or 9-7. It would take the offense really catching fire to be better than that this year, IMO.

Jon

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Trent, the pass rush, and our Left Tackle staying healthy. if peters goes down, we are 100% royally ****ed with kurt Chambers.

ptd86
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
i actually think we need another year to make to playoffs to fill a couple more holes (c,te) and add depth. I actually dont mind waiting as long as we resign evans and crowell. It is a lot harder to wait when we simply just let guys go and have to start over. As long as we continue to improve and resign our key guys and adding solid drafts, I'm fine.

Tatonka
05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
The D looks to be significantly improved.

The O still has no TE, no depth on the OL and is dependent on a second year QB and rookie receiver, and it will be the downfall of this team. The revamped D won't do us any good if the O can't keep them off the field.

i can understand you saying that Trent, the tight end spot, and wr .. blah blah COULD be the downfall of the team.. but to say it WILL be the downfall?

either you have a crystal ball in your ass, or you just get enjoyment out of predicting the teams failure.. which makes you a douche in my book.

Ingtar33
05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
i predicted 3 straight losing seasons for the bills (and hit the final record every year, easily a new record for me)

I think this year, i might predict a winning season for a change.

OpIv37
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
i can understand you saying that Trent, the tight end spot, and wr .. blah blah COULD be the downfall of the team.. but to say it WILL be the downfall?

either you have a crystal ball in your ass, or you just get enjoyment out of predicting the teams failure.. which makes you a douche in my book.

I really don't want to get into a semantic argument. Based on the limited information we have at this point, that's what I think will happen. I fully understand that it's a prediction and there's a chance I'll be wrong, but what I stated is the most likely outcome.

trapezeus
05-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I really don't want to get into a semantic argument. Based on the limited information we have at this point, that's what I think will happen. I fully understand that it's a prediction and there's a chance I'll be wrong, but what I stated is the most likely outcome.

Op, i think what you said has the potential to be true. if our o doesn't at least churn the clock, the d is going to be in the same position as it has been under losman. Which is, it does ok for the 1st half, but then is completely tired and ineffectual as the offense continues to struggle.

I think Trent and really any halfway capable QB gives the bills at least a clock churning offense. That's where we are all hoping Trent improves. We hope that he can go from putting up FG drives to TD drives. I hope he does it, because i think we are just a solid QB away from being able to say we have put together a good core of players. if we get the wildcard this year, i think any improvements we make in the draft and free agency will have a multiplied effect over the next couple years.

EDS
05-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Trent, the pass rush, and our Left Tackle staying healthy. if peters goes down, we are 100% royally ****ed with kurt Chambers.

Agreed.

I also think the defense will be hurting if Stroud is injured or otherwise can't play.

Bill Cody
05-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Agreed.

I also think the defense will be hurting if Stroud is injured or otherwise can't play.

True.:nod: Not being able to stay on the field is why the Jags finally gave up on him. Because he's a major talent. If he plays 16 games I think he adds 2 W's all by himself.