PDA

View Full Version : Player prediction/expectations/hope thread

Marvelous
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
---Curious to see what the Zone thinks of up & comers this healthy season.--
Just wanted to cover the Defense for now.. Offense included is too much info for one thread IMO...

-On the upside----------
--Crowell-- I predict he really leadsby example this coming season. He is officially FUN to watch.. He hits hard. Esp QB's. When he gets a sack the QB looks dead.. Our patience err the Front Office patience paid off with his grooming.. He progressed into a super solid player who could be a star player this year. He is my surprise player who goes to Hawaii... I noticed he's the 1 player who always stays on mt Madden franchise roster :lol: guess i really like him & he is the leader for my jersey this year..

-Kelsay--I was super amped when we resigned him. Overpaying doesn't effect my views because we have like 30+ mill for cap space... He is without a doubt our Phil Hansen.. No probowls, minimal highlight plays, but a lunchpale, high motor worker. He looked freakin HUGE last season. I wonder if he bulked up even more with all his rehabbing.. I expect a less quiet & more noticable season from him. He has alot to prove to warrant the faith the team showed in him by re-signing. & the fanbase too. They want results... I think he delivers.

---Ko Simpson- I was so bummed when his season ended so early into the season. He picks up where he left off IMO.. No probowl but i expect his coverage skills to be improved & gives us a solid impression.. We really we're hurting over the top last season without him on the field. Lets hope his injury is 100%.

---POZ We all were devastated when he went down. Luckily it's a clean break that he can make a 100%recovery from.. He looked awesome in his limited season.. All the wives love him :censored: He has that Zach Thomas holming becon for the ball, & he hits hard like Barton.. I love this kid. His return alone is HUGE for us. A beast MLB is so valuable...

--Schobel should get the sack stats now that there's some other talent in the front 7..Maybe even coverage sacks :dream: cause our DB's are imrproved. W/ Simpson & McKelvin etc...

--Greer & McGee- IMO Greer really shined at times last year. He along w/ Jason Peters are the two reasons i care about UDFA's ever year the day after the draft...I don't predict much imrpovement from either but that's cool because they we're servicable last season. Neither can/could cover Moss, but then again, Who can? Not many.. In fact Welker scares me more then Moss. Because Welker can kill us short,over the Middle, or deeep.

--Our very own George Wilson-- Man did he look good against Dallas. The only negative i have on him is "what to do with him?" IMO he got a taste of elite plays last season & i expect/predict he makes the most outta his limited playing time.. He's probably the best all around football player on our team.. Like a young Troy Brown. He can catch & tackle.. What a combo when your good at both compaired to just being average at both....Even if we don't use him much i like knowing we have him...

-Curoius to hearwhat others predict. I left the rookies out on purpose because that makes the predictions a reach sine we've never seen them at this level.. but feel free if ya want :smile:

PECKERWOOD
05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Prediction: Lynch and Jackson combine for over 2,000 yards rushing.
Hope: Trent Edwards plays the full season healthy and becomes franchise QB material.
Expectation: The Bills resign Evans to a long-term contract before the season begins.

TigerJ
05-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Ko Simpson is allegedly not too bright. I'm hopeful that with two years in the system (albeit one of those years watching from the sideline on IR) he will have the defensive system down pat and will do a competent job calling signals for the secondary. He's a good athlete and seems to have a nose for the ball.

Marvelous
05-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Hopefully Simpson has the playbook down pat.. Assuming he does because he's gotta know that his stellar athetism is only 50% of the game, the other is understanding. But if he's not gonna work out, or her gets hurt :couch: then we have the famous George Wilson who is a huge fan favorite. We remember him being the SUPERSTAR of training camp & pre-season for a couple years, but he switched sides o' ball and he's a pretty player.. He looked very small when Derick Dockery was doing the walthrough of our facility.. I was like "wtf!" he looks like 1 170 lbs man.. But he is good enough to start. Wendling is not, but he too could be our Next Coy Wire. The Wire i mean is ST player, who provides depth atseveral positions and is able to stay w/ the team for years.. So yeah i am comfy w/ our DB situation.. I haven't been comfy since Winfield & Clements, Keion Carpenter,Kurt Schulz ETC..

shelby
05-02-2008, 04:21 AM
i hope that Trent will develop into a good, if not great, QB this season.
This would also help Evans to have a breakout season. i want to see Lynch continue to be a Beast, and i want to see more of Fred Jackson.

i am looking forward to watching Poz play for a full season...he's got a lot of potential. i'm also eager to see what Mitchell and Stroud bring.

i expect our offense and defense to perform much better. i also expect our special teams to return to their former stellar form.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2008, 04:44 AM
I expect McKelvin, Hardy, Ellis and Fine to make very positive contributions, and Corners, Bowen, Omon and Steve Johnson to be quality backups.

I expect Poz to be one of the better MLBs in the league. With Mitchell and Crowell on either side and Stroud anchoring the line, I expect a much better run defense.

I expect several of our 3rd year guys - including Whitner, Simpson, McCargo and Butler - to emerge as really good football players.

I expect Edwards to develop and Lynch and Evans to have monster seasons under Schonert.

I expect us to go 10-6.

Then again, my expectations this time of year often exceed our actual performance on the field.

Night Train
05-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Jan pretty much said everything I was thinking.

I expect Jauron to realize he's not rebuilding anymore and must have his DC & OC be more aggressive on gameday, now that he has better players.

Quit being so true to that terrible Cover 2 scheme. Let the DE's rush the passer, instead of covering RB's 20 yards downfield. Don't play to Prevent. ATTACK ! See NY Giants.

elltrain22
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I have higher expectations than I have had in about 10 years!! First off, I think we will win at least 10 games. I expect Marshawn to gain at least 1400 yds, plus catch 40 balls, and score 14 tds. I expect Trent to be very efficient, and hopefully have more tds than int's. I expect JP to ride the bench. Evans will have a year like he did in 07, and Hardy will contribute, big time, this year. I think Hardy can catch 50 balls, and score 8 tds. I expect our dee to be much better. I think our best player will be Poz. Our front 7 will be 100% better, and I expect our defense to be at least one of the top 15 dee's in the NFL.

I can't wait.

yordad
05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I expect the Bills to extend Crowell and Evans before the season starts.

The Answer
05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Prediction: Edwards will live up to the hype and our 12 year search for Jim Kelly's replacement is finally over. Bills finally get off to a fast start and win 6 of their first 8 games.

Expectations: Defense will be a top 15 unit and we finally make the playoffs again as a wildcard, and if NE for some reason stumbles have a chance to win the division.

Hope: Poz stays healthy and contributes, Hardy can contribute something to this team right away, Lynch is utilized a lot in the passing game and McKelvin turns out to be better than Devin Hester as a return man.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
O

Lynch: 1335 yards rushing, 123 yards recieving, 8 TDs
Evans: 935 yards, 4 TDs
Hardy: 510 yards, 3 TDs
QBs: 2834 yards, 13 TDs

D

26th in sacks
28th overall

yordad
05-02-2008, 01:18 PM
O

D

26th in sacks
28th overallThat is horrible. I have heard of being an objective fan, but come on. Is this a joke? I cannot believe you can believe the Bills D will be 28th. In fact, I will offer a wager, that I am sure you will decline.

TD~ "I predict everyone will suck, or be average at best."

justasportsfan
05-02-2008, 01:28 PM
O

D

26th in sacks
28th overall
so you think we're not going anywhere this year?

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
so you think we're not going anywhere this year?

Correct.

New OC
Banking on rookie WR
If pass rush remains the way it was
Rookie CB
Question marks at QB
Division opponents improved, so did Oak./KC.

It will take time to gel.

The Bills will take a step back in 2008 and in 2009 they will make the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
05-02-2008, 01:54 PM
That is horrible. I have heard of being an objective fan, but come on. Is this a joke? I cannot believe you can believe the Bills D will be 28th. In fact, I will offer a wager, that I am sure you will decline.

28th may be alittle low. Until the Bills prove different, I have to think pessimistic.

justasportsfan
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Correct.

New OC
Banking on rookie WR
If pass rush remains the way it was
Rookie CB
Question marks at QB
Division opponents improved, so did Oak./KC.

It will take time to gel.

The Bills will take a step back in 2008 and in 2009 they will make the playoffs.
SO you think TE sucks then? If he ends up with those nos. then you should be hating on him. After all the QB can do it all with no help from anyone. Your logic.

I guess we should expect you to be hating on Trent now.