• Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Leafs/Philly The HOCKEY thread

What a series!

As I'm typing this they are into the second period of OT.

Belfour is standing on his head.

I still say Leafs in 6
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Rude American
    EE is my American Idol
    • Jul 2002

This is one of the most exciting series Ive ever seen...the way God wanted playoff hockey to be played.

Go LEAFS GO!

Come on..say it with me.

Just thought of something... Belfour let in three cheap goals and people still appreciated his effort. Cujo had only one bad game last Sat, played solid-great every other time, yet the detroit media is still blaming him for almost everything. Mickey Redmond is a joke. Every chance he gets he knocks cujo, even on goals where he has no chance, he'll say something like, he went down early. like ****. he did what any goalie would do.
    You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• ticatfan
      The Meathead of Muslims!
      • Jul 2002

Now that was hockey.But you are wrong on cujo,he does go down to early.It looked like he ducked on that second goal.The ducks knew how to play him,just hesitate and fire for the top corner.But belfour did look bad ,he stood on his head on the tough ones but suck on the easy ones.
      Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
      Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Rude American
        EE is my American Idol
        • Jul 2002

Ti, Giguere was down early too. The Wings shot right at him though. The style of today's goalies is to take the bottom away, right away. Cujo was playing percentages on that one. "If you can put it there, you can have it." The thing was, the ducks did put a few there. The Wings didn't. The Ducks made some great shots. They were picking the corners perfectly. Not much any goalie could have done on those. I'm still proud of my boy's efforts. If Giguere had have played like a mere mortal Cujo would have looked mint. I've never seen a series where the goalie didn't give up one bad goal. Every goalie these playoffs has given a bad one or had a bad game except for Giguere.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Cujo can't hold Belfour's jockstrap.

Comment

• Rude American
            EE is my American Idol
            • Jul 2002

lol nice try. The Hawks would love to have a guy like Cujo.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Thibault is french for cujo.

Comment

• ticatfan
                The Meathead of Muslims!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Rude American
                lol nice try. The Hawks would love to have a guy like Cujo.
                Why,when belfour and hasek were'nt good enough for the hawks.lol
                Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Rude American
                  EE is my American Idol
                  • Jul 2002

Was that not a money issue? The hawks have had some great players and wouldn't pay them to stay. Amonte, Roenick, Hasek, Belfour.. the list goes one and on.

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

Almonte was'nt worth what he wanted.But I would perfer to have him instead of theo.lol Roenick was upset because he said they would not let him play ''J.R.hockey'' I guess that means I want the puck all the time.But the main problem is ownership,to cheap.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Hope Bill Wirtz in enjoying watching Befour, Hackett, Chelios, Carney, Weinrich, Kravchuk, Odeline, Roenick, Amonte, Nylander, and Thomas in the playoffs.

Brett Hull was all but signed to come here until his agent POed Wirtz.

And still no home games on TV.

Comment

• Rude American
                        EE is my American Idol
                        • Jul 2002

How can people support the Hawks when they aren't dedicated to putting a winning team on the ice?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

The United Center isn't full, is it?

Comment

• ticatfan
                            The Meathead of Muslims!
                            • Jul 2002

The leafs do.lol
                            Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• BironsGirl43
                              Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
                              • Oct 2002

I went to the game last night.. and it was very good!!

Triple OT.. you couldn't have asked for anything better.. I was hoping the Leafs would win though.. I went with my friend who likes the Leafs and having dragged her to Sabre games to cheer for our boys all season long.. I had to cheer for her boys at the game last night.. lol

I didn't know that the game would be that long.. geez... I had made plans to study for a test *after* the game.. lol.. unfortunately I didn't get home until like 12:30 lol.. so I just went to bed..... lol

Anyways, Ed Belfour did make some *huge* saves.. the only reason the Leafs had a chance to win!! But you guys are right.. some of the goals he let in.. were brutal..

Owen Nolan.. geez.. it seemed like he was on the ice ALL night.. lol.. I was hoping he would get the winner.. it really would have helped me in my pool.. but that's ok..

I thought Philly deserved it a lot more.. they played hard and wanted it more..

2-2 the series right now.. I knew it would be close.. just hope the Leafs come out on top..

These games have really been entertaining
                              ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

Working...
                              X