X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Controversy?

"But I expect a very solid season from Edwards. He won't lose games, which makes him better than half the quarterbacks in the NFL today. To make this team playoff-caliber, though, he has to win. "

This is the first of 11 articles targeting all position situations for the Buffalo Bills entering the 2008 season. The first entry will deal with the quarterback position...
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Controversy?

I think the only QB controversy we're gonna have this year is who's taking 2nd string.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

he has to win
      No controversy from my perspective.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Whilst Edward is now in pole position, he does have at least one nice additional weapon.

However if he doesn't perform, we need to consider additional options.

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

Competition doesn't equal controversy... with the exception being in the opinions of the posters on a football forum.
          The only way you have even the slightest chance of a legit qb controversy at this point is if Edwards goes down and Losman plays brilliantly. I'm not talking adequate play, I'm talking Brady, Manning caliber play and not just for a game, but consistent, sustained, brilliant play. Then and only then do you have a legit QB controversy.
          If that were to happen, the reactions around this place would be interesting to say the least.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Then what will the haters say when we transition tag JP?

Originally posted by about.com
            • A club can designate one franchise player or one transition player in any given year. • The salary level offer by a player's old club determines what type of franchise player he is.
            • An "exclusive" franchise player -- not free to sign with another club -- is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of April 16, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.
            • If the player is offered a minimum of the average of the top five salaries of last season at his position, or 120 percent of the player’s previous year’s salary, he becomes a “non-exclusive” franchise player and can negotiate with other clubs. His old club can match a new club's offer, or receive two first-round draft choices if it decides not to match. The signing period for non-exclusive franchise players to sign with new clubs is March 3 through November 9 (10th week of the season).
            • A transition player has received a minimum offer of the average of the top 10 salaries of last season at the player's position or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.
            • A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation. Transition players can be signed from March 3 through July 22."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by jmb1099
              Competition doesn't equal controversy... with the exception being in the opinions of the posters on a football forum.
              And the media, who like to create controversy.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

competiton makes everyone better.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I said that if JP outperforms Trent in camp and pre-season than the coaching staff would have to consider making him the starter.

With that said I firmly believe that there will not be any QB controversy as Trent will be heads and shoulders better than JP throughout the summer.

I was not psyched about the Edwards pick last year because I thought JP was going to be a solid player. But after watching Edwards in pre-season I knew this kid had talent. The over the shoulder pass in the last game of pre-season couldn't be made by half the QBs in this league.

I predict the kid will be in the top 5 for QB ratings this year. Bold but I feel that strongly about his ability.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

So "QB ratings" will not be over rated this season? HMMM!

Comment

• jmb1099
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                      So "QB ratings" will not be over rated this season? HMMM!
                      The only stat that matters to me is wins. I don't care if every win is considered garbage, lucky, a fluke, whatever. We win, I'm happy.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

If Trent plays like crap the first 4 games, I'd seriously think about switching to Losman.

It's all up to Trent. Produce = play, play like crap = bench.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by draz54
                          Then what will the haters say when we transition tag JP?
                          I think he'll be gone by then, but if we use a tag on a back-up caliber player then I'm going to puke.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I said that if JP outperforms Trent in camp and pre-season than the coaching staff would have to consider making him the starter.
                            I read your entire post, but in response to this comment...JP has proven two things in his tenure in Buffalo...

1. He apparently performs well in practice and pre-season.

2. He ****s his pants in real games.

If wins and losses were ever determined by practice results, I might think differently. But until they are JP isn't starter material at this point for the long haul.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              If Trent plays like crap the first 4 games, I'd seriously think about switching to Losman.

It's all up to Trent. Produce = play, play like crap = bench.

Comment

Working...
                              X