Still emotional when I see the number 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Still emotional when I see the number 85

On madden I created James Hardy and realized, it just didnt feel right. So then I decided to take Everett back and gave him the number so even on madden, he is still on our team. What Im getting to is, he is still on our most updated roster and still owns 85. So I believe it should be retired for buffalo. I think everyone agrees that when we see who ever wheres the number get hit, we will hold our breath.

Re: Still emotional when I see the number 85

A number should be retired by a team when it has been worn by a player who produced exceptional performances for the team whilst wearing it.

Whilst the injury to Everett was appalling and shocking, and it has fabulous he seems to be on his way to some form of recovery better than any had expected, it was the only noteworthy incident that occured whilst he wore No85 so the number should not be retired.

Bob Kalsu, No61, was the only active American Footballer killed in the Vietnam War, yet his number has not been retired and personally I think a man who gives his life for his country is worthy of equal consideration. He was rookie of the year for the Bills in 1968 I think, so certainly performed on the field as well.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

What didn't feel right about making James Hardy? He isn't even wearing 85, he's wearing 81.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
        • Jul 2002

Glen Bass was OK, but not great.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          What didn't feel right about making James Hardy? He isn't even wearing 85, he's wearing 81.

When the draft was finished, like before he chose his number I created him as 85.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
            • Jul 2002

Hardy is #81. Let's hope we see it on the Wall someday (it certainly won't be there because of Price).

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

They aren't going to retire 85 and rightfully so. Everything about the injury was tragic and sad but that doesn't change the fact that KE didn't do anything to truly warrant having 85 retired. If Andre Reed doesn't have his # retired I don't see how KE should have his. Did the Jets retire Dennis Byrd? What about the Lions and Mike Utley?

D & S Sports

Comment

• DrastiK
                • Nov 2007

I'm confused, Hardy is 81. Not 85.

made by me

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

To recap this thread:

MLynch23 created James Hardy and gave him the wrong number. That made him emotional and he feels the Bills should make KE's #85 a retired jersey throughout the organization depite the fact that the Bills haven't retired recent greats such as Andre Reed.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

#85 will be worn again Im sure. But probably not anytime soon.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      To recap this thread:

MLynch23 created James Hardy and gave him the wrong number. That made him emotional and he feels the Bills should make KE's #85 a retired jersey throughout the organization depite the fact that the Bills haven't retired recent greats such as Andre Reed.

Thank you for clearing things up.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

I felt for Everett as much as anyone, but it seems that he's at 100% now, or pretty close. I've stopped feeling bad for him, he's done very well for himself turning his story into money. But, as a football player, he's just another guy at this point.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                          I felt for Everett as much as anyone, but it seems that he's at 100% now, or pretty close. I've stopped feeling bad for him, he's done very well for himself turning his story into money. But, as a football player, he's just another guy at this point.
                          Agreed.

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MLynch23
                            On madden I created James Hardy and realized, it just didnt feel right. So then I decided to take Everett back and gave him the number so even on madden, he is still on our team. What Im getting to is, he is still on our most updated roster and still owns 85. So I believe it should be retired for buffalo. I think everyone agrees that when we see who ever wheres the number get hit, we will hold our breath.
                            Everett is not worthy to get his # on the wall of fame.. His story is a sad one. I'm very happy to hearhe's gonna make a nice recovery. Mostly because of his will... Had he been permanent than perhaps... But to be honest when i saw this thread the 1st thing taht came ot mind was that you were a Diehard Riemersma fan... :rotf:

-I will always wonder if Everett was gonna "break-out" last year. I recall telling my family that this could be the season he makes his mark... Seems there's always the "We need a TE dmnit" preachers.

-Speaking of Big Riemersma, i bought a jersey 3 days after he resigned. 90's away white. Man did he blow chunks in non Fluite games.. /bah!
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

I might get bashed for this but........Kevin Everett is walking now.....lets move on, because he sure has!
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X