PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Corner confident he can play

YardRat
05-03-2008, 05:59 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/SPORTS03/805030310/1007/SPORTS

At 5-feet-9 and 175 pounds, playing at a school not exactly known for churning out NFL prospects, Corner didn’t even warrant an invitation to the Indianapolis scouting combined in February.

Still, the diligent Bills scouts did exactly what Corner hoped they would — they ignored his alleged physical deficiencies and popped in the tapes and watched him play the game.

What they saw was an ultra-competitive kid who sold out on every play, and ultimately stood out.

“Run or pass, he came hard to the ball and in every game I saw he performed, he was a productive player,” Jauron said of Corner, who made 15 interceptions in his four-year Akron career including seven last season, one of which he returned 74 yards for a touchdown.

“Tom (Modrak, the Bills director of college scouting) and everybody stresses that we’re looking for productive players, guys that play at a high level in college.”
Scout Tom Roth did much of the legwork on Corner and he remarked that despite a so-so 40-yard dash time of 4.5 seconds, and his lack of ideal NFL size, Corner played bigger and faster than his measurables.

“He’s a very interesting player and a good player,” Roth said. “He’s very good in run support, he has good instincts, good coverage ability and very good ball skills. Really, there’s not many negatives at all about the kid.”

Jan Reimers
05-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Sounds like a good player, and good insurance if Youboty continues to struggle and/or James is not the player he was a few years ago.

venis2k1
05-03-2008, 07:53 AM
you have to like the depth in our secondary now.

jamze132
05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
With all thes backup CBs we now have, you would think 2 of them can step up...

Earthquake Enyart
05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Youboti blows.

Anybody see those 2 Patriot games last year? We need all the corners we can get.

PECKERWOOD
05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I still think that McKelvin, McGee and Greer will be our best 3 CBs next year. I'm more than happy with Greer being our nickel guy. I bet you Youboty still makes the team though.