PDA

View Full Version : How about them Ducks...

SkateZilla
04-16-2003, 10:08 PM
lol

3 Games to None so far..

Possible Sweep

lol

wheres the flying V??

Wheres the Quacking at....

Quack .. quack.. quack...quack.....quack....quack

Gooo.... Ducks...

lol

northernbillfan
04-16-2003, 10:20 PM
That's great news, because I have Kariya, and Oates, and Sykora in one of my pools.

SkateZilla
04-16-2003, 11:35 PM
2-1 Ducks in Game 4

Ebenezer
04-17-2003, 06:23 AM
Does this signal the beginning of the end for the wings??

Rude American
04-17-2003, 07:20 AM
As much as I love Cujo and hate to see his best chance at a ring end in total disappointemnt and everyone pointing the finger at him even though he was one of the Wings' best players in this series, I liked seing the Wings go down. They didn't deserve this series. Anaheim wanted it far more. Detroit isn't physical enough. They look scared to go in the corners.

ticatfan
04-17-2003, 08:04 AM
My hawks are tied with the wings for playoff wins this year.:)

Ebenezer
04-17-2003, 08:08 AM
Even my Sabres tied the Wings!!

Rude American
04-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Have you guys ever seen shooters go cold like that? I've never. They were shooting right at Giguere. (Give the kid credit for being in position though) But it was aweful. Not one goal (or even shot) was a bullet in the corner or top shelf. Anaheim reminds me a little bit of the Hurricanes last year with that really tight style of defense.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 08:16 AM
The Ducks will be swept in the next round.

Maybe the Wings can talk Dom into coming back. :snicker:

lordofgun
04-17-2003, 08:25 AM
Rude, I really think part of the reason the Wings look so cold is because Giguerre is so hot right now.

He's in great position 99% of the time, which makes it look like the Wings were shooting right at him. Giguerre is really making it look easy.

You're right about the Wings being a bunch of wusses though. They expected the Ducks to simply roll over and let them through to the next round.

As far as Cujo, he wasn't great, but he needs a defense. Did Wooley play the entire game or was it just my imagination? Maybe next year they should trade for a defenseman that plays defense. :snicker:

Rude American
04-17-2003, 09:17 AM
LOG,
I agree about the kid being in position. He was in the perfect place every time. But the Wings weren't picking corners and when they tried they missed the net badly. What also made it tough for them was that the Ducks played a very defensinve style where everyone was back. Very seldom did the Wings get any odd-man rushes. The Ducks had a bunch it seemed and Paul Kariya got down the right side with nobody in front of him a few times. That's not acceptable. You're right. Ther Wings were sloppy defensively and Cujo, despite some great saves that at times kept the Wings in the game, took the brunt of some sloppy play. But that's the nature of the position. You're either the hero or the goat.

ticatfan
04-17-2003, 12:42 PM
No use crying about him now,he's golfing.And I wish I was.

Rude American
04-17-2003, 01:30 PM
I know, plus he makes 8.5 million a year. I'd gladly be hated for 8.5 million a year. Right now I'm hated and I only make low 6 figs.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Low six figures and you sit in a cubicle with a broad who humms to herself?

Who are you crapping, Rudy? :eek:

BironsGirl43
04-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Great game.... I got him to see the end of it.. I was sooooo happy that the Ducks won!!

Giguere was unbelieveable throughout the series.. definitely a huge reason for the sweep..

I would have NEVER predicted that the Ducks would have swept them.. I knew they were a good team and I've always liked Giguere.. but never thought that they could have pulled off such an upset.. they definitely deserved a lot more credit than they were given..

I think they're proof of how far you can go.. with great goaltending.. now I wouldn't say that the Wings elimination is Cujo's fault.. in fact his numbers aren't bad.. but he did allow some questionable goals in the series and just wasn't as good as the guy on the other end of the ice..

Wings just didn't get the bounces or anything.. Ducks owned..

Great to see..

Think the Ducks will get a RALLY MONKEY like the Angels? hehe..

QUACK, QUACK! :jump:

ticatfan
04-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Rude American
I know, plus he makes 8.5 million a year. I'd gladly be hated for 8.5 million a year. Right now I'm hated and I only make low 6 figs. Well I am hated and I make low 5 figs,so you to can quit your crying.lol

northernbillfan
04-17-2003, 03:50 PM
I hope my Oilers will have the same amount of playoff wins as the Ducks by next week

Rude American
04-17-2003, 04:08 PM
I'm including decimal places. Isn't that how it's done? :D

ticatfan
04-22-2003, 03:34 PM
I was to.lol