casdhf
05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I doubt we keep 2 FBs

FlyingDutchman
05-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Leonard signed with the Ravens

circlethewagons
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Haggen is no longer with the club as well...

Mad Bomber
05-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Omon pass Wright at RB.

venis2k1
05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I sure hope we carry a 3rd QB into the season. Even if it is Hamdam.

DrGraves
05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
viti seems like a beast, but its been ages since i can remember the bills lining up a fb on a regular basis... sam gash era maybe.

casdhf
05-04-2008, 06:25 PM
actually, I'd be suprised if we kept either FB on the roster.

Dantheman1280
05-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Here is my final depth chart.

QB- TE, JP
RB- ML, Jackson, Oman
FB- Viti, Barnes, Oman
WR- Evans, Parrish, Jenkins
WR- Hardy, Reed, Johnson
TE- Johnson, Royal
LT- Peters, Kirk
LG- Dock, Whittle
C- Fowler, Preston
RG- Butler
RT- Walker, Bell
LE- Kelsay, Denney
RE- Schobel, Ellis
DT- Stroud, McCargo, Williams, Johnson
LB- Crowell, Bowen
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Kiwika, Ellison
CB- McKelvin, Greer, Youboty
CB- McGee, James, Corner
S- Whitner, Scott,
S- Ko, Wedling

PS. Fine, Cox, Wright, Corto, Felton, McCray

venis2k1
05-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Hey dan, im gonna go out on a limb and predict we will go into the season with more than 49 players on the roster.

thesquirrelking
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
What about George Wilson? I thought he did a pretty good job filling in last year.

Confused
05-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Stevie J takes reeds job by week 6. I even think ol' joshua gets cut in TC.

Dantheman1280
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Yea I guess I didnt take the time to count. But that is my rough estimate

Tatonka
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Stevie J takes reeds job by week 6. I even think ol' joshua gets cut in TC.

no chance josh reed gets cut. no chance. im willing to make a friendly wager on that.

:poop:

Throne Logic
05-04-2008, 10:04 PM
George Wilson is definitely in the safety picture after what he accomplished last year. Fine will also make the active roster. Doesn't matter if he's listed as a TE or FB; he makes the roster for special teams needs. Also, if Oman can show some reasonable FB ability, Barnes is out of the picture. Wasn't Wright going in the FB direction? He's pretty much fourth on the depth chart, at best, among the RB's.

I really wouldn't be too shocked to see the FB come back into play next season, at least on a limited level. I am fully expecting to see something that the Bills offense hasn't shown in years - a recognizable identity. I believe that we now have the tools in place to at least control the clock better. My gut tells me that Turk utilizes the FB in certain situations. If they convert Fine to FB, I bet Turk uses the FB even more often to take advantage of Fine's receiving abilities.

deathadder
05-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Looking at your depth charts, you guys are missing 1 player. We need a long snapper on the roster so Ryan Neill will also need to be on the list.

DraftBoy
05-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Drone, Baker, or Hamdan make the roster out of camp, no way we dont have three QB's

Jan Reimers
05-05-2008, 06:03 AM
I think Fine makes the team, and contributes.

Jan Reimers
05-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Also, unless things have changed since last year, there are 53 players on the active roster and 8 on the Practice Squad. The current Bills' roster of 85 can be found on BB.com.

Any depth chart estimate should at least begin with those basics.

DraftBoy
05-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I think Fine makes the team, and contributes.

Just my opinion but Fine better make the team, no excuse for a 4th Round pick to not make it at a position with very little capable competition.

DraftBoy
05-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Also, unless things have changed since last year, there are 53 players on the active roster and 8 on the Practice Squad. The current Bills' roster of 85 can be found on BB.com.

Any depth chart estimate should at least begin with those basics.

Is it 8 or 7 on the PS?

EDS
05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Just my opinion but Fine better make the team, no excuse for a 4th Round pick to not make it at a position with very little capable competition.

Tell that to Bucky Brooks.

Jan Reimers
05-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Is it 8 or 7 on the PS?
It went up to eight last year or the year before. Not sure if it's changed this year, though.

TigerJ
05-05-2008, 12:38 PM
QB- TE, JP A chance Buffalo keeps just 2, with one on the PS, so this is OK

RB- ML, Jackson, Wright, Oman - I think Buffalo keeps just 3 RBs. Wright is probably the odd man out if Omon is as good as the Bills think.

FB- Viti, Barnes, Oman The Bills will keep one FB and maybe a TE/FB/HB swing guy Derek Fine might fill that role.

WR- Evans, Parrish, Jenkins Bills might keep 6, but if only 5, drop Jenkins
WR- Hardy, Reed, Johnson

TE- Johnson, sub in Royal, Anderson, The Bills will find a spot for Fine.

LT- Peters, Kirk
LG- Dock, Whittle
C- Fowler, Preston
RG- Butler, Estes
RT- Walker, Bell Expect the Bills to keep no more than 9 OL Preston is on the bubble if Gaddis is any good. Chambers is on the Bubble if Murphy can add enough strength and muscle. Bell and Estes are candidates for PS.

LE- Kelsay, Denney
RE- Schobel, Ellis
DT- Stroud, McCargo, Williams, Johnson - Expect the Bills to cary 9 DLs with Jason Jefferson, McCray, Corey Mace, Shawn Nua, and Copeland Bryan fighting for the last spot whiich will be a DE or DT.

LB- Crowell, Haggan/Bowen - As others have said, Haggan is gone. He's too slow for the Bills defense and the Bills want reserves who can actually play on defense as well as be special teamers.
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Kiwika, Ellison - It's Kawika. I expect the Bills to carry 7 LBs on the active roster. I suspect Jon Banks might have the inside track to be the 7th guy. He's got good size and speed, and used to play safety. He knows how to cover people in pass defense.

CB- McGee, James, Corner
Buffalo may carry six CBs, but they may only carry 5.

S- Whitner, Scott,
S- Ko, Leonard As others have said, Jim Leonhard is history George Wilson is a possibility. Wendling should be counted as a safety too. He was just a special teamer last year, but he's got plenty of speed, and only focussed on special teams because he was so raw. A year of learning the system may make a big difference.

KR- 2 set like in madden. McGee, McKelvin
PR- 2 set PR. Parrish and McKelvin

ST- McKelvin, Fine, Huggins, Wendling, Oman, Walker FGB, Costonzo Huggins will not make the team. I think Costanzo is a long shot too. Who's Walker FGB? Robert Felton has some long snapping ability. He might compete with Ryan Neill as the Bills long snapper. That would be to the Bills advantage because Felton is a legit candidate as a reserve guard.

PS- Corto, Fox, Evans, Hamdan,
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Mitchell55
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
QB- TE, JP A chance Buffalo keeps just 2, with one on the PS, so this is OK

RB- ML, Jackson, Wright, Oman - I think Buffalo keeps just 3 RBs. Wright is probably the odd man out if Omon is as good as the Bills think. Either way, they will both make the team and 1 will be on the starting RBs other ST.

FB- Viti, Barnes, Oman The Bills will keep one FB and maybe a TE/FB/HB swing guy Derek Fine might fill that role. Agreed

WR- Evans, Parrish, Jenkins Bills might keep 6, but if only 5, drop Jenkins. Wait to see how close the competition will be.
WR- Hardy, Reed, Johnson

TE- Johnson, sub in Royal, Anderson, The Bills will find a spot for Fine. True

LT- Peters, Kirk
LG- Dock, Whittle
C- Fowler, Preston
RG- Butler, Estes
RT- Walker, Bell Expect the Bills to keep no more than 9 OL Preston is on the bubble if Gaddis is any good. Chambers is on the Bubble if Murphy can add enough strength and muscle. Bell and Estes are candidates for PS. Didnt know that.

LE- Kelsay, Denney
RE- Schobel, Ellis
DT- Stroud, McCargo, Williams, Johnson - Expect the Bills to cary 9 DTs with Jason Jefferson, McCray, Corey Mace, Shawn Nua, and Copeland Bryan fighting for the last spot whiich will be a DE or DT. Forgot about them

LB- Crowell, Haggan/Bowen - As others have said, Haggan is gone. He's too slow for the Bills defense and the Bills want reserves who can actually play on defense as well as be special teamers. Haggan will be on the team in my opinion as a ST/ back up LB. Bowen will share the main LB role though.
LB- Pos, Digi
LB- Kiwika, Ellison - It's Kawika. I expect the Bills to carry 7 LBs on the active roster. I suspect Jon Banks might have the inside track to be the 7th guy. He's got good size and speed, and used to play safety. He knows how to cover people in pass defense.

CB- McGee, James, Corner
Buffalo may carry six CBs, but they may only carry 5.

S- Whitner, Scott,
S- Ko, Leonard As others have said, Jim Leonhard is history George Wilson is a possibility. Wendling should be counted as a safety too. He was just a special teamer last year, but he's got plenty of speed, and only focussed on special teams because he was so raw. A year of learning the system may make a big difference. I agree but Wendling wont make top 4 safety. He is a ST player who wont get much reps at S. With Ko back and Scott and Wilson playing great last year (from what they came from) Wendling will have trouble.

KR- 2 set like in madden. McGee, McKelvin
PR- 2 set PR. Parrish and McKelvin

ST- McKelvin, Fine, Huggins, Wendling, Oman, Walker FGB, Costonzo Huggins will not make the team. I think Costanzo is a long shot too. Who's Walker FGB (Field goal block, in Oakland he had a few block kicks)? Robert Felton has some long snapping ability. He might compete with Ryan Neill as the Bills long snapper. That would be to the Bills advantage because Felton is a legit candidate as a reserve guard.

PS- Corto, Fox, Evans, Hamdan,
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

John Doe
05-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I think it would be rather easy to stow an undrafted guy like Viti on the practice squad. I can't see them keeping 2 true fullbacks on the regular roster when some of the plays will be run with Fine in the backfield as well. If Barnes goes down then Viti is waiting on the PS. I don't see Wright as a fullback. The team carried 4 running backs last year and I think that they will do the same during this one.