• Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Here's a thought

3 years in a row, Drury...

and no Cup. Just playoff elimination.

Maybe it's you! who doesn't have what it takes to win it? and maybe the Sabres saw that and that's why they didn't sign him. He was invisible this whole series oh and what about the playoff beard. While all your other teamates grew beards but you decided to not to grow one.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Here's a thought

He's not the god that some make him out to be, but I'd rather have him on my team at 5.5 a year. (cough cough)
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

I just can't get over Drury's remarks after the Ottawa series last year - and how he wrongly, IMO, placed himself outside of the team with those remarks, especially when HE was a leader and responsible for motivating them. He was right in those remarks - but the way he passed the buck was unimpressive.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The Sabres didn't even make the playoffs, so who are we to say it was "just" playoff elimination? That's more than what we did this year.

And you're taking a one-sided view of things. Drury got his team to the final four last year and the final 8 this year. One player can't do it all by themselves and when you consider that the Sabres didn't even make the playoffs, maybe Drury is the only reason his teams do as well as they do. The Rangers weren't exactly dominant this year- it must be scary for Rangers fans to think of where they'd be without him (probably teeing off on the golf course with the Sabres).

Maybe Drury isn't good enough to lead his team to the Cup, but when he's good enough to get to the conference finals, the solution is to bring in someone who can help him and build the team up. The Sabres' FO chose to tear halfway down then build on the remaining damaged foundation. Wrong answer.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
          I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
          • May 2005

Drury played a much larger role on the Sabres than he has on the Rangers... he was pretty quiet for the most part this year and really in the postseason too for that matter.

Briere on the other hand has stepped it up BIG time this postseason.

Regardless, they're on other teams and I don't care anymore, they aren't coming back.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
            Drury played a much larger role on the Sabres than he has on the Rangers... he was pretty quiet for the most part this year and really in the postseason too for that matter.

Briere on the other hand has stepped it up BIG time this postseason.

Regardless, they're on other teams and I don't care anymore, they aren't coming back.
            You're right that they're not coming back, but I still care because we could be watching the Sabres right now instead of the Flyers and Rangers.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              • May 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              You're right that they're not coming back, but I still care because we could be watching the Sabres right now instead of the Flyers and Rangers.
              But we're not, so it doesn't matter... but if you rather be disgruntled... and I know you would, then so be it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                But we're not, so it doesn't matter... but if you rather be disgruntled... and I know you would, then so be it.
                wait a second... our team isn't in the playoffs because our FO ****ed up and you think it doesn't matter? That really doesn't sound like the attitude of someone who wants the Sabres to win.

The whole point of hockey is to win the Stanley Cup and a team can't do that without first making the playoffs. So it matters. It matters a lot.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

wait a second... our team isn't in the playoffs because our FO ****ed up and you think it doesn't matter? That really doesn't sound like the attitude of someone who wants the Sabres to win.

The whole point of hockey is to win the Stanley Cup and a team can't do that without first making the playoffs. So it matters. It matters a lot.
                  Not that I am happy with them, but they F'd up and they acknowledged their screwup. So, not we see how they do going forward. They have some big decisions to make starting right now. We shall see if they sign Gerbe and to a lesser extent Kennedy. Then July 1st, we see if they will do anything about Miller's and Pomminville's contracts as well as seeing if they bring anybody else in. They had better at least sign Gerbe and TRY to sign Miller and Pomminville.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    • May 2005

Until I have some personal control over the situation... it doesn't matter. Buffalo isn't in the playoffs so I'm not going to waste my time thinking what might have been if we still had those guys. I'll watch the playoffs because I love hockey and I'll cheer for Detroit because they've always been the only other team I really like after Buffalo. To sit and lament over what could have been is pointless and foolish to me.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Drury already has his name on the Stanley Cup so maybe it isn't HIM

D & S Sports

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        Drury already has his name on the Stanley Cup so maybe it isn't HIM
                        Don't confuse factual information in the arguments around here! Anger and emotion are all we need!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

EXACTLY! And the reason why everyone is still bringing it up is because we have nothing to root for. Our team is not in the playoffs, but all those Ex-Sabres are. Our front office screwed up. Now let's just pray that they learned their lesson. I doubt it though.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            Our team is not in the playoffs, but all those Ex-Sabres are. Our front office screwed up. Now let's just pray that they learned their lesson. I doubt it though.

OUR?? OUR?? Remind me how much of the team you own? YOU/WE/I CHOOSE to root for a team.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              OUR?? OUR?? Remind me how much of the team you own? YOU/WE/I CHOOSE to root for a team.
                              sorry, but that just seems to come out of most fans mouths. We relate to the team so much that it is we, our, I.

Comment

Working...
                              X