PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning QB, Team Rankings

Buckets
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Peter King
Monday Morning QB
Team Rankings

13. Buffalo. I like Trent Edwards having a full season to play quarterback; I like Paul Posluszny returning to anchor a young defense; I like Marshawn Lynch older and stronger and wiser. I even like the ability and cockiness of first-round pick Leodis McKelvin to win a starting job by October ... and I'm tempted to like a 6-foot-7 receiver who caught 16 touchdown passes in that non-passing-hotbed of Indiana University last fall, second-round pick James Hardy. This is an interesting team. If the youth plays at a B level, the Bills could win 10 games.

Pinkerton Security
05-05-2008, 09:11 AM
he doesnt know what hes talking about.

if they play at a B level, we win 12 games.

Romes
05-05-2008, 09:16 AM
James Hardy keeps getting taller :up:

Buckets
05-05-2008, 09:18 AM
He'll be 7-0 by season opener.

casdhf
05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Will a few weeks of HGH get him there?

trapezeus
05-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Peter King
Monday Morning QB
Team Rankings

13. Buffalo. I like Trent Edwards having a full season to play quarterback; I like Paul Posluszny returning to anchor a young defense; I like Marshawn Lynch older and stronger and wiser. I even like the ability and cockiness of first-round pick Leodis McKelvin to win a starting job by October ... and I'm tempted to like a 6-foot-7 receiver who caught 16 touchdown passes in that non-passing-hotbed of Indiana University last fall, second-round pick James Hardy. This is an interesting team. If the youth plays at a B level, the Bills could win 10 games.

BAh! Peter King is an idiot. Bills are cursed to go 5-11.

TigerJ
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Hardy was 6'7" then shrank to 6'5.3" for the combine. Now he's growing back to 6'7". Don't ask me whe he wanted to be shorter for the combine.

Romes
05-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Hardy was 6'7" then shrank to 6'5.3" for the combine. Now he's growing back to 6'7". Don't ask me whe he wanted to be shorter for the combine.

he got a hair cut :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2008, 10:08 AM
James Hardy keeps getting taller :up:
LOL

BILL BRASKY and James Hardy are blood brothers.

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I am assuming he actually was measured at the combine.

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 10:31 AM
The Bills aren't winning 10 games if they don't get good QB play.

Trent needs to play great football if this team wants to win 10 games.

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2008, 11:02 AM
The Bills aren't winning 10 games if they don't get good QB play.

Trent needs to play great football if this team wants to win 10 games.
Does he need to play good or great? :idunno:

dasaybz
05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm sure you can figure out what I was saying.

trapezeus
05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
from PK's article, his nonfootball thoughts said, "Ellen Page, from Juno, is at that point in her career where you need to just see whatever she's in because she's that good."

I'm paraphrasing, however, this is classic PK thinking. HE watches two movies with Ellen Page and proclaims that she is so good that you can blindly go see her movies. That's how he assesses football players and teams. He'll watch the game 2x in 2 weeks and then he'll say in week 4 of last year, "those lions are at that point that they'll turn the corner and win the superbowl. I received a text from a player who told me that."

As i mock PK, i read his MMQ article fairly regularly, and i don't know why.

Michael82
05-05-2008, 12:33 PM
from PK's article, his nonfootball thoughts said, "Ellen Page, from Juno, is at that point in her career where you need to just see whatever she's in because she's that good."

I'm paraphrasing, however, this is classic PK thinking. HE watches two movies with Ellen Page and proclaims that she is so good that you can blindly go see her movies. That's how he assesses football players and teams. He'll watch the game 2x in 2 weeks and then he'll say in week 4 of last year, "those lions are at that point that they'll turn the corner and win the superbowl. I received a text from a player who told me that."

We don't call him Shirley Temple for nothing. He's a ****ing tool! :up:

DrGraves
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
number 13! thats like almost a playoff team! except that the top 12 teams ahead of us are probably all AFC teams because the NFC sucks, so really we are like dead last in the conference haha

!Papacrunk!
05-05-2008, 07:22 PM
if the Bills don't make it to the playoffs, I'd be really surprised

ublinkwescore
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM

Huh?

Excuse me?

Wow a Dolphins fan with higher expectations than some of our own?

What is the world coming too?

Philagape
05-05-2008, 07:50 PM

That's the goal. No more rebuilding, it's time for results. The window starts this year.

HHURRICANE
05-05-2008, 08:02 PM
The Bills need to make the playoffs. End of discussion.

feelthepain
05-05-2008, 08:55 PM

I'd be surpeised if they did.

ublinkwescore
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I heard Tedd Ginn got arrested with a male hooker about a week ago.

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2008, 12:42 AM

Now that's an insightful post. :bf1:

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Peter King
Monday Morning QB
Team Rankings

Just when I think it's safe to lower my expectations as a hardcore fan - The Bills appear to be back in the spotlight.

In fact it's been quite some time that the Bills were getting so many positive off season reviews by the national media and the hype train is gaining steam daily.

Is it september yet?

~The Answer

The Answer
05-06-2008, 01:34 AM

I agree - even if Edwards is serviceable I feel we are going to win 10/11 games with expectations that the defense will improve significantly in 2008.

If Edwards takes a major step in 2008 and plays above average than this team may be very dangerous.

~The Answer

Dujek
05-06-2008, 05:56 AM
I've said since the end of the season that the Bills will be a playoff team in 2008, and I think the moves in free-agency and the draft have reinforced that. Not only that, but the coaching staff understand that the Bills NEED to be a playoff team or they will be gone, so hopefully that will light a few fires under a few players who may have coasted through the final couple of games last year and get them ready to contribute for a full season this time around.

jamze132
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Can you give us some insight as to why you would be surpised if we didn't make the playoffs, sir? Thanks.

feelthepain
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
I heard Tedd Ginn got arrested with a male hooker about a week ago.

I heard he was with you.

feelthepain
05-06-2008, 10:10 AM

Now it's 12 games? What happens if they play at an "A" level...an undefetaed seaoson? Gee, from a 7 win season and 30th and 31st Offense and Defense to 12 wins.

Just by adding,

Mittchell
Stroud
McKelvin
Hardy

.............Ok!!!!!!!

RockStar36
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Now it's 12 games? What happens if they play at an "A" level...an undefetaed seaoson? Gee, from a 7 win season and 30th and 31st Offense and Defense to 12 wins.

Just by adding,

Mittchell
Stroud
McKelvin
Hardy

.............Ok!!!!!!!

So by your login the Dolphins are good for 3-4 wins max, right?

RockStar36
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I agree - even if Edwards is serviceable I feel we are going to win 10/11 games with expectations that the defense will improve significantly in 2008.

If Edwards takes a major step in 2008 and plays above average than this team may be very dangerous.

~The Answer

Mark it down.

I actually agree with you.

ublinkwescore
05-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I heard he was with you.

Sorry, I make a legitimate living.

justasportsfan
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
FTP sounds nervous about the bills as usual.

yordad
05-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Just by adding,

Mittchell
Stroud
McKelvin
Hardy

.............Ok!!!!!!!Poz, Ko, McCargo, McKelvin, Mitchell, Stroud, and half of Kelsey. More then half our defense will have better starters then last year. The other half can only be better. Your head is in a cloud.

Our O-line will be gelled, Lynch will be experienced, we will have a more establish 1,2 running punch, we will have an adequate target opposite Lee. We will then put Reed in the slot where he excels. We have red zone TE targets. We have more experienced QBs. We have a Different O-coach. We have one of the best 4th option WRs in the league. Your head is in a cloud.

Pinkerton Security
05-06-2008, 12:30 PM

Just by adding,

Mittchell
Stroud
McKelvin
Hardy

.............Ok!!!!!!!

A guy can dream, and I choose to. Whether or not it comes true will remain to be seen, I just live a positive life. You can say I'm irrational but I'll just say you're a ****head if you do.

feelthepain
05-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Poz, Ko, McCargo, McKelvin, Mitchell, Stroud, and half of Kelsey. More then half our defense will have better starters then last year. The other half can only be better. Your head is in a cloud.

Our O-line will be gelled, Lynch will be experienced, we will have a more establish 1,2 running punch, we will have an adequate target opposite Lee. We will then put Reed in the slot where he excels. We have red zone TE targets. We have more experienced QBs. We have a Different O-coach. We have one of the best 4th option WRs in the league. Your head is in a cloud.

Gotta love how 90% of the rest of the league has to prove their good before having greatness bestowed upon them, but not in Buffalo. They're simply great because Bill fans say so....every year before one game is played.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-06-2008, 01:30 PM
you know. yea, we added only four significant players. But the key to that is that we didn't lose any! (unless you count triplett) i'm happy with the defense, but my major concern is that the offense did not add a whole lot in my opinion