PDA

View Full Version : Fin fans are funny

Patrick76777
04-17-2003, 08:37 AM
They sign an over the hill LB and they expect all Bills, Jets and Pats fans to start to panic. They’re getting upset over at finheaven because we’re not running scared.

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Seau is still a decent player but he is well past his prime. I am not worried about that signing.

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 08:45 AM
The fins are lil kids on a growman's playground and come Sept. we'll see who has a better D.
PS GO BILLS

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2003, 08:49 AM
Whats up luisito?

BillsNYC
04-17-2003, 09:11 AM
junior seau = the next eddie robinson

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Was up Thurmanator I assume u hate the Fins as much as I do and we both know who is miami's daddy in the field

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 09:24 AM
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/tatonka/Buf-sweep-t.gif

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 09:31 AM
GO BILLS!!!!! SWEEP AWAY THE FIN'S HOPES AND DREAMS

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 11:48 AM
Yawn

Brilliant thread here guys.

A division rival crapping all over a Fins acquisition. What a shock. Reminds me of how Ricky was trashed when he was traded for last year. That turned out pretty well. And we certainly aren't expecting the same kind of impact from Jr. as Ricky, but is he better than Derrick Rodgers, uh yes he is and therefore is an improvement to the defense.

clumping platelets
04-17-2003, 11:50 AM
I challenge you to show where anyone here questioned the RW trade?

:snicker:

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah like I can dig up the archives from over a year ago. Did this site even exist when the Fins traded for Ricky? I seem to recall a lot of Bills fans saying that Ricky is injured too much and he fumbles too much and he's a head case that won't do anything for the Fins. Not exactly true. Hell if the Fins traded for Jim Brown in his prime, Bills fans would crap all over that trade.

clumping platelets
04-17-2003, 12:00 PM
#1 leading rusher got you what? No playoffs and $3.6 million extra on your 2003 cap. Wasn't he supposed to be the mssing piece? :snicker:

Oh wait...........it's all Ray's fault.........especially that debacle in New England. I didn't know that Lucas played defense :huh:

Patrick76777
04-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Excuses, Excuses.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Couldn't the same be said for Drew Bledsoe? What did he get you? Didn't you finish last again? Stupid for me to say this because we know he helped improve your team. Also stupid for you to say Ricky didn't bring anything. Without him last year we surely would have finished last in the division. You're too obsessed with the Cap Clump. Get over it. You do know that it's acceptable to have a 3.6 million cap hit when YOU RUN FOR 1,800 FREAKIN YARDS. Is this concept new to you. You lead the league in rushing and you're compensated for it. Do you really think that if Travis has another couple of 1,200 to 1,400 yd. seasons you won't be paying him a lot.

I think your understanding of the cap is great Clump it's just too bad you don't understand much else about the game.

Patrick76777
04-17-2003, 12:12 PM
It’s all about expectations.

We get Drew and we figured we’d be competitive again. Ready to improve from 3-13, but we knew we needed another offseason.

We accomplished that goal

You get Ricky and he’s supposedly the last piece. It’s a Dolphin Superbowl or bust.

You did not accomplish that goal.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Jim Brown is overrated. And no way would he ever wear teal.

I can't wait for Big Mike to pancake Junior. :snicker:

BillsNYC
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
hahaha!! i love it....right before i was banned for no reason at finheaven....i was saying how there were no big name players on their defense besides thomas and taylor....about 20 posts later they were posting how many pro-bowlers they had and how great their defense was and that the dolphins "had the most pro-bowlers in the nfl"

my response: "and you guys didn't make the playoffs!! hahaha!!!"

Patrick76777
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Now you take the same team that WASN’T good enough to even make the playoffs last year and you add an over the hill Linebacker and expect us to think you’re now ready to make that run. I just don’t see it.

mchurchfie
04-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Jim Brown is overrated. And no way would he ever wear teal.

I can't wait for Big Mike to pancake Junior. :snicker:

:lol:If there is anything left after Sam Gash smokes his a$$:D:church:

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Jim Brown overrated. Now that's funny. When your pretty much considered the best football player of all time(apologies to Rice and Payton)and you're still overrated. Unbelievable. Time to change your diaper old man.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Sam Gash ooohh. Wasn't he so great that you guys already let him go before. Yeah he must be great.

Cntrygal
04-17-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I challenge you to show where anyone here questioned the RW trade?

:snicker:

:ontome: Actually Dolfan25 is right... some people did trash RW after the signing.... But that's normal. :D

Cntrygal
04-17-2003, 12:25 PM
btw......

:squish: :fishfry:

:D

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 12:31 PM
Ricky W. is a very good running back but do u really think he can have another 1800 yd season without his injury past haunting him and Bledsoe improved our team quicker than a fat boy eats a fin sandwich!!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Luisito23
Ricky W. is a very good running back but do u really think he can have another 1800 yd season without his injury past haunting him

Yes

mchurchfie
04-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
Sam Gash ooohh. Wasn't he so great that you guys already let him go before. Yeah he must be great.

Welcome to the club...:D

http://mchurchfie.freeyellow.com/crybabyseal.jpg

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Theres no way that Miami has a better team the Bills this new season we had a defense that was no where near as talented as the fins yet we still won 8 games and lost some close games and got cheated out of 1 and I still hear every year how good Miami is and Miami this and they cant even make the playoffs and can u tell me the last time Miami made it past the 2nd round. GO BILLS!!!!!!

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Luisito23
Theres no way that Miami has a better team the Bills this new season we had a defense that was no where near as talented as the fins yet we still won 8 games and lost some close games and got cheated out of 1 and I still hear every year how good Miami is and Miami this and they cant even make the playoffs and can u tell me the last time Miami made it past the 2nd round. GO BILLS!!!!!!

Holy run-on sentence. 1992 was the last time. When was the last time for the Bills? The rest of your post seems to be gibberish. Just another Bills fan that had to take the shortbus to school.

How old are you?

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Jim Brown overrated. Now that's funny. When your pretty much considered the best football player of all time(apologies to Rice and Payton)and you're still overrated. Unbelievable. Time to change your diaper old man.

No sense of humor. :shakeno:

And by the way, I don't see any teal in that hat of his.

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 12:54 PM
mchurch..

i stole your two new gifs.. just letting you know.. those are absolutely hilarious man..

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
http://www.imagemagician.com/images/tatonka/Buf-sweep-t.gif
Hey that looks familiar. :D

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Yawn

A division rival crapping all over a Fins acquisition. What a shock. Reminds me of how Ricky was trashed when he was traded for last year. That turned out pretty well. And we certainly aren't expecting the same kind of impact from Jr. as Ricky, but is he better than Derrick Rodgers, uh yes he is and therefore is an improvement to the defense.

That's the thing about message boards fan25. You get smack or you get football talk. Just like there are finfans who think Fiedler is the best qb in the AFCE.

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2003, 01:32 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/images/nfl/logos/BUF.gifhttp://www.boomspeed.com/one_big_head/piss.gif http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/pressreleases/pressrelease_thumb_2632.jpg

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 02:31 PM
No one can honestly think that Fiedler is the best QB in the East. They may say that but in their heart's there's no way anyone can believe that. Just not possible.

don137
04-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Couldn't the same be said for Drew Bledsoe? What did he get you? Didn't you finish last again? Stupid for me to say this because we know he helped improve your team. Also stupid for you to say Ricky didn't bring anything. Without him last year we surely would have finished last in the division. You're too obsessed with the Cap Clump. Get over it. You do know that it's acceptable to have a 3.6 million cap hit when YOU RUN FOR 1,800 FREAKIN YARDS. Is this concept new to you. You lead the league in rushing and you're compensated for it. Do you really think that if Travis has another couple of 1,200 to 1,400 yd. seasons you won't be paying him a lot.

I think your understanding of the cap is great Clump it's just too bad you don't understand much else about the game.

Apparently somethings need to spelled out in black and white. What Clump was inferring to with "what did it get you" means even though you had RW you guys weren't good enough to make the playoffs. According to fin fans he was the missing link. Hope you enjoyed your 1800 yards and no playoffs. While the 3.6 million was deserved what Clump was implying is this hurt the fins from signing any big players this off-season.

The Bills are in the process of rebuilding. 8-8 was acceptable considering the circumstances of rebuilding mode. What's the fins excuse? We are in great shape for the next few years. The Dolphins had their chance and couldn't even make the playoffs. Maybe a 34 year old washed up linebacker will be the difference this year. :snicker:

Travis is signed through 2005 by the way at a very small salary cap figure.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Ok then if you don't make the playoffs this year then every move that Donahoe has made has been a waste.

I think your problem is you only see in black and white. Last year the Fins record was 9-7 and they contended for the AFC East crown. Without Ricky their record would have been 6-10 or worse.

Does the whole Ricky trade and Fins fans optimism have to be judged after 1 year with the team. The 3.6 million cap hit argument is honestly 1 of the stupidest things I've ever read. Heck this can be said about any team except the Bucs last year. Eric Moulds is costing you how much a year. The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 3 years and his salary has surely stopped you from keeping your own or signing new players. The same can be said about Bledsoe, he's getting however many millions a year but he hasn't had any success since '98 and I'm sure his salary stops you from signing other players, does it mean it got you nothing last year.

The fact is that it's a stupid argument because every team pays big money for impact players but not all of them can make the playoffs. Really then only 12 teams should pay players a lot since that's how many teams can make the playoffs.

If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year or are only a wildcard team is the signings of Spikes and Adams and the trading for Bledsoe still a waste. Hardly.

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Good point Dolfan but how come all the Dolphins fans here in Jersey, and everywhere believe that Miami has a better team than Buffalo going into this new season??

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2003, 05:07 PM
I see what Dolfan is saying. The RW was a good move because he had a great year. Same can be said for Bledsoe. The fact that neither team made the playoffs doesn't take that away from them. Now what many Bills fans are saying is that last season every Fin fan was saying that RW was the missing piece. Obviously he was not. Barring an injury to Fiedler their offense should have a better season. I think JR is still a good linebacker but obviously isn't the star he used to be, but shouldn't be underestimated. So what I am saying I guess is that I can see where both sides of this argument are coming from.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 05:29 PM
You finally sober up? :eek:

THATHURMANATOR
04-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately they don't let me drink at work. Some BS about it being against company policy or something......

ublinkwescore
04-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Squeek Scolari is my Idol - even though he couldn't get a chick with a $100 bill hanging out of his zipper.

Cntrygal
04-17-2003, 06:04 PM
:rolleyes:

don137
04-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Where did it state the trade for RW was a waste? You're argument lacks any merit because it keeps mentioning I said picking up RW is a waste but no where do I state it was a waste. Ricky was a good trade because he helped their running game tremendously but most fin fans very arrogantly stated how RW was the missing link. In your words...Hardly. The season was just a formality to fin fans. The Vince Lombardi trophy was as good as theirs.

Not making enough moves to bring a championship isn't a waste but considering with the age of salary cap teams go through peaks and valleys not making a run when you were suppose to be peaking should be a huge disappointment. Miami didn't do much to improve this off-season so why should anyone expect them to make a run especially after the AFC East is even stronger this year. Buffalo is just coming up from the valley and if Buffalo does not make a strong run at the championship the next 3 years then it will be a big disappointment not a waste as you state.

In regards to RW's bonus while it was well deserved it hurt Miami to get another player this off-season. Yes, Bledsoe and Moulds salary take up a big chunk of change but it didn't hurt Buffalo going after some big talent. Buffalo still had money to sign many quality players. The point is considering Miami only was 9-7 this year why should anyone expect them to take it to the next level when they couldn't do it last year with the same players. Maybe you are content at having another mediocre year. In 2004 they will be even much worse because they will have to start to dump salary.

Doc
04-17-2003, 08:53 PM
Hold on a second. What was Miami's record in 2001? What major players did they lose between 2001 and 2002? Aren't you supposed to win with good defense and a good/great running game? I just don't see how Seau will help the Dols win games when they've struggled in the past, i.e. in the latter part of the season, when he's 34?

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Last year Bills fans repeatedly said they would improve last year(which they did) but said that 2003 would be their year to make a run at a championship. Now it's the next 3 years. Funny how things change.

Ok so you can understand Don. What did the Ricky Williams trade get us? Which is what Clumped originally asked. It got us a top 5 RB who is the cornerstone of our franchise and is someone to build upon. It gave us a player that will be the focus of our opponents defensive gameplan for the forseeable future, which should help our passing game hopefully when a better QB is acquired by the Fins.(Griese) It also got us what was arguably the best team in the AFC when the team was fully healthy.

As for the dumping salary bit, Bills fans keep waiting for this to happen every offseason. Could it be that the Fins management is better at this than the Bills management?

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 09:05 PM
this thread is boring...

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:11 PM

As for the dumping salary bit, Bills fans keep waiting for this to happen every offseason. Could it be that the Fins management is better at this than the Bills management?

Cap amangement compared to the Buttler era, yes. Donahoe, No!

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Doc
Hold on a second. What was Miami's record in 2001? What major players did they lose between 2001 and 2002? Aren't you supposed to win with good defense and a good/great running game? I just don't see how Seau will help the Dols win games when they've struggled in the past, i.e. in the latter part of the season, when he's 34?

Uh what. Is this really a hard concept to grasp? Junior Seau, even at this age, is a better player than Derrick Rodgers. The Dolphins are upgrading this position on their team which they will hope make them better. As for the annual late season swoon, that's something this team has to work out for themselves. I'm sure they're hoping the intensity and leadership that Jr. brings will help out with this problem. It's really quite simple, he's better than what they had and that should make the team better.

Schobel94
04-17-2003, 09:17 PM
Yeah, who better to help the perrenial late season losers than a hobbled 34 year old LB from the only other team that dives worse than them in December. Wow, that oughta help the phins stamina and longevity. 2.5 mil for leadership seams kinda pricey.

mchurchfie
04-17-2003, 09:52 PM
:lol::rofl:

don137
04-18-2003, 07:07 AM
Last year Bills fans repeatedly said they would improve last year(which they did) but said that 2003 would be their year to make a run at a championship. Now it's the next 3 years. Funny how things change.

Ok so you can understand Don. What did the Ricky Williams trade get us? Which is what Clumped originally asked. It got us a top 5 RB who is the cornerstone of our franchise and is someone to build upon. It gave us a player that will be the focus of our opponents defensive gameplan for the forseeable future, which should help our passing game hopefully when a better QB is acquired by the Fins.(Griese) It also got us what was arguably the best team in the AFC when the team was fully healthy.

Things have not changed. Starting this year the Bills put them in position to make a run at a championship. After another three years they will not be able to keep all their talent and will start to lose pieces of the puzzle.
Your right the Ricky Williams trade got you a big RB who is the cornerstone of league. Like many fin fans claimed it would it didn't give you a competitive team enough to make the playoffs and the fins were just mediocre. The Dolphins were relatively healthy in December last year yet managed to win only one game so we differ in that I don't feel they are close to being one of the best teams in the AFC.
By extending contracts the fins are setting themselves up for a big collapse much like what happened to Buffalo two years ago. They will be forced to dump salary and have a lot of dead cap space on there roster in 2004 and 2005. Miami mangagement will be exposed soon when they enter cap jail. You can compare Buffalo's old regime to Miami's present one in terms of how they handled the cap but that differs greatly from the Bills present regime.

Doc
04-18-2003, 07:30 AM
As I've been saying, Junior will help the Dols during the portion of the season when they haven't really had problems, i.e. the early part. However his leadership and fire won't help them much when a) his play is declining in the latter months of the season and b) when it's a matter of the other players wearing down. Is he better than Rodgers? Probably, but how much is the question. An article recently said that Seau has had only 27 big plays over the past 5 years, on a pretty good Chargers defense (that seemed to have problems fading as the season progressed as well....hmmmm). His salary now forces the Dols to mortgage the future more, seeing as they need money to sign their picks, the 52nd and 53rd players, a practice squad, and have money left over for an injury fund. Forget about Griese.

The_Philster
04-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Be honest guys...did anyone else look at the title of this thread Fin fans are funny and just think...well duh!!!! :D

SABURZFAN
04-18-2003, 11:15 PM
Yawn

another brilliant post here.your defense was ranked in the top 10 last year and you STILL missed the playoffs.doesn't that tell you that something may STILL be wrong with the offense????and don't give us that "Dumbo was hurt" crap again.:rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
04-18-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah like I can dig up the archives from over a year ago. Did this site even exist when the Fins traded for Ricky?

no it didn't but we still get more posters in here than they do in Finheaven.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2003, 11:22 PM

you don't understand your role.you should be in the kitchen making Clump something to eat.

dolfan25
04-19-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

another brilliant post here.your defense was ranked in the top 10 last year and you STILL missed the playoffs.doesn't that tell you that something may STILL be wrong with the offense????and don't give us that "Dumbo was hurt" crap again.:rolleyes:

Did you watch any football besides Bills games last year genius. Did you see how the defense couldn't get off the field in the Vikings game. Or how they let the Pats score 10 points in the last 5 minutes. Do you comprehend genius? Just because you run off some stupid stat about how they were in the top 10 it is supposed to mean that they don't have any areas to improve. The Bucs had the best defense in the league last year but they didn't stand pat, and signed DeWayne Rudd to improve. Based on this post I can only come to the conclusion that you know absolutely nothing about how pro sports teams are run.

You should go run off to a figure skating or equestrian MB because you're outclassed here genius.

Oh and since you like stats so much here's the points per game of every AFC East team with their starting QB's.

MIA w/ Fiedler = 27.1 PPG

NYJ w/ Pennington = 24.0 PPG

NE w/ Brady = 23.8 PPG

BUF w/ Bledsoe = 23.7 PPG

Do you think Lucas might've been the problem. Duh. Try to rub your 2 brain cells together to get a handle on those stats.

dolfan25
04-19-2003, 05:51 AM

no it didn't but we still get more posters in here than they do in Finheaven.

Who the hell cares? Whoop de *****ing doo. You have more posters. What an accomplishment. Are you a child? Do you still tell your friends how your Dad can beat up their Dad? Grow up.

dolfan25
04-19-2003, 05:54 AM

you don't understand your role.you should be in the kitchen making Clump something to eat.

Well I'm well aware of your role. Clump's #1 asskisser. He can defend himself, he doesn't need half-wits like you to defend himself.

BillsFanInMass
04-19-2003, 07:23 AM
dolphins suck now and forever why are you on our message boards anyway?????? nobody like you or your weak team now GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cntrygal
04-19-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
dolphins suck now and forever why are you on our message boards anyway?????? nobody like you or your weak team now GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakeno:

Dolfan (and others) are welcome on this board. In fact, everyone everyone is welcome .... until they break ToS. This goes for everyone, even Bills fans that can't seem to remember to attack the post, not the poster!

mchurchfie
04-19-2003, 09:03 AM

Well I'm well aware of your role. Clump's #1 asskisser. He can defend himself, he doesn't need half-wits like you to defend himself.

:shakeno: Attack the post not the poster

The_Philster
04-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

:shakeno:

Dolfan (and others) are welcome on this board. In fact, everyone everyone is welcome .... until they break ToS. This goes for everyone, even Bills fans that can't seem to remember to attack the post, not the poster!

No doubt...we don't need a repeat of Cree