PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to watch Argonauts play football in Buffalo?

HotRod
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Unless I was already in Buffalo with nothing else to do - I probably wouldn't.

http://www.trudeausociety.com/home/Frontpage/2008/03/10/02226.html (http://www.trudeausociety.com/home/Frontpage/2008/03/10/02226.html)

Romes
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
:rofl:

when Canadians get all anti-American like that its kinda funny

Confused
05-05-2008, 11:07 AM
nope. LeRoy could beat the argos.

ddaryl
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I have no interest in Canadian Football.

But then again I have no interest in the NFL outside of the Buffalo Bills

camelcowboy
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Argo vs the bulls, lol im down

Michael82
05-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah I might. But only if we kept the Buffalo Bills.

Michael82
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
:rofl:

when Canadians get all anti-American like that its kinda funny
speaking of which....isn't our money worth more than theirs again? I thought I saw the currency values in the paper the other day and it said a Canadian dollar was worth 98 cents.

:lolpoint: Canadians who think they are better than US

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Zero chance.

PECKERWOOD
05-05-2008, 11:39 AM
We could have an exhibition match, our 2nd-3rd stringers vs the Argonauts! Sad thing is, we would still blow them out.

TigerJ
05-05-2008, 11:45 AM
That depends. How much will they pay me?

Michael82
05-05-2008, 11:47 AM
The CFL is NOT as bad as people think. When I went to the Yankees/Blue Jays game a couple years ago with hammerbillsfan, we watched a CFL game on TV afterwords and I enjoyed it. In person, I'm sure it's pretty similar to the NFL games, as far as the atmosphere and all that.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Didn't the CFL try that whole thing 15 years ago? Heck, they even split off half of the Ottawa Rough Riders and sent them down to Louisiana.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFL_USA

One good team (Baltimore), and they ended up moving it to Montreal.

Besides, Buffalo is closer to Hamilton (by car) than it is Toronto. If anyone has territorial rights, it's the Tiger-Cats.

Mitchy moo
05-05-2008, 11:55 AM
If they flew me in 1st class w/ limo's, put me in a penthouse and my own private box with lots of beer and naked women, even then no.

DrGraves
05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
nope

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
**** NO

Luisito23
05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Watch who play ?

jamze132
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I find it funny that since we are invading Canada with the Bills, they think they should have the right to invade the US with the Argo's. I say, HA, let them. They will not be expanding their fan base as much as the might think. :poop:

TigerJ
05-05-2008, 02:43 PM
The CFL is NOT as bad as people think. When I went to the Yankees/Blue Jays game a couple years ago with hammerbillsfan, we watched a CFL game on TV afterwords and I enjoyed it. In person, I'm sure it's pretty similar to the NFL games, as far as the atmosphere and all that.

Actually, I agree with you. I just can't let an opportunity to poke fun slip by. I am seriously thinking of going to see the UB Bulls play sometime, especially if they continue to improve. Canadian football is a different game, having fewer downs to make a first down and a wider, longer field The rules are set up to force a more wide open brand of football with more passing. A team that tries to win with running and conservative play calling is probably dead in the water. Of course the players aren't as good. We know that, but since all of the players are a step below NFL caliber, at least it's even, and can therefore be exciting.

I probably would not make the effort to go to a game just on it's own merits, but if a group of friends wanted to go just for a fun afternoon, yeah, I wouldn't mind going at all.

Pinkerton Security
05-05-2008, 03:02 PM
"There might be some Canadians around Niagara Falls, and many Americans, who might be interested in checking out in person, some Canadian football, in Buffalo. Shouldn't the Toronto Argonauts specifically and the CFL in general, have a reciprocal opportunity to attract new fans from the home turf of the Buffalo Bills?"

Besides the horrific punctuation and overall awful setup of these sentences, this is just silly. yes, there may be some fans. Like 20. Honestly though, how many people do they think even know who the Argos are?? If it was free and I was in Orchard Park I might stop by, have a beer and watch some football, but other than that its a definite no.

THATHURMANATOR
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
**** the CFL in the mouth!

casdhf
05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
**** the CFL in the mouth! no, in the ass!

Historian
05-06-2008, 05:01 AM
If all the proceeds went to a charity....say...The Get Dr. Lecter Laid Foundation, then I wuld consider it.

Otherwise...I would pass.

Buckets
05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
If I still lived in buffalo, and if the games were like 10 bucks and if the parking was free and if I didn't have anything else to do, maybe.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Only if they gave free beer.

Mad Bomber
05-06-2008, 08:01 AM
No.

Besides, a CFL-sized playing field wouldn't fit into the Ralph.

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
no, in the ass!
:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Johnny Bugemont told me to grow up... :(

Lone Stranger
05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I attended a CFL game in Ottawa a few years ago and was impressed with the quality of the play. I'm not crazy about the general structure of the game but this was an enjoyable experience particularly when you go in July when the weather is great.

I might go to one Argo game if the price is right but not if the Bills are gone. That's like rubbing salt on a wound.

Dujek
05-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I've been to CFL games, and I'm sure I'll go again at some stage.

If you've nothing to do the CFL is a great way to put in the afternoon. However I wouldn't go out of my way to catch a game.

PromoTheRobot
05-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Actually, I agree with you. I just can't let an opportunity to poke fun slip by. I am seriously thinking of going to see the UB Bulls play sometime, especially if they continue to improve.
UB game tickets start at $12 and seasons start at $78. UB has one of the hot coaching talents in the country in Turner Gill. They will contend for a MAC title and a bowl game this year. 2008 will be an awesome year for UB football. http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/tickets/football/

Canadian football is a different game, having fewer downs to make a first down and a wider, longer field
And there's the #1 reason you won't have CFL ball in Buffalo...no place big enough to play.

PTR

coastal
05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Have they made the playoffs in the last decade?

Johnny Bugmenot
05-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Johnny Bugemont told me to grow up... :( Yes, pardon my bluntness, but I have a certain respect for the Canadian game. It may not be NFL caliber football (after all, they don't have an NFL caliber television contract) but it's certainly worth far more than deserving "****ing" in the ass. That league was able to draw a lot of NFL level talent from the past few years-- Garcia, Moon, Flutie, Theismann, Ismail... it's not bush league by any stretch, although with their continuing elimination of marquee player exemptions, artificially low hard caps and restrictions on signing suspended NFL players they seem intent on making it a permanent underleague, and that to me is a shame.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Besides, a CFL-sized playing field wouldn't fit into the Ralph.

And there's the #1 reason you won't have CFL ball in Buffalo...no place big enough to play.

PTR
I think you could fit a field into UB Stadium, which holds 31K, about the same as most CFL stadiums... plus, back in the CFL USA days they used to shorten some end zones to 15 yards if they couldn't fit the whole field in, so it's doable, especially if they put some extra turf over where the track is now.

PromoTheRobot
05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
If I still lived in buffalo, and if the games were like 10 bucks and if the parking was free and if I didn't have anything else to do, maybe.
$10 tix and free parking? That's a UB football game.

PTR