PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Bills jerseys

naugem
05-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know what are the differences between the custom throwback replica jerseys sold on buffalobillsproshop and on nflshop?

http://www.buffalobillsproshop.com/main_detail.cfm?nProductID=12905&sAuxTitle=Buffalo%20Bills%20Custom%20Replica%20Throwback%20Youth%20Jersey

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252420&cp=2237429&pageDisplay=superfamily&pageType=family&int_nextBucket=0&totalProductsCount=43&PRODUCTS_PER_PAGE=9&doVSearch=no&doVSearch=no&pageCount=5&pageBucket=0&pageNum=2&PAGES_PER_BUCKET=10&int_prevBucket=0&num_buckets=1&page=1&page_bucket=0&showSizeSearch=false&hasPagination=false&parentPage=family

The price is quite different and in the pics they look different (numbers on the sleeves vs shoulders).

Does anyone know what do they mean by "game day Pro Cut jersey"?
Also, they mention that they duplicate the skill position. Are there any differences in the jerseys of different positions?

rcd333
05-05-2008, 04:17 PM
the nfl shop one's look like bears jerseys

more cowbell
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
i work for the bills merchandise department. The photos on the bills pro shop website ARE NOT accurate to what they look like in real life. If you order a custom throwback it looks exactly like one you would already buy in the store (ex: evans, lynch...etc)

The only noticable difference about our customs are that the numbers are a bit bigger and they are filled in (they dont have holes in the paint of the number) so in fact, they look a lot like an authentic if you look quickly.

naugem
05-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the response.

Another question: Is the tail (the back part of the jersey) longer than the front?
In the pictures it doesn't seem so.

im4bflo
05-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I've never seen a real Bills jersey in any year, with the #'s on the shoulders.
The #'s are always on the sleeves, except for the throwbacks they sell to us.

OpIv37
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
a word of advice: don't get a modern player- go throwback. It's all rent-a-player these days. In the last 5 years, I've ended up with 4 jerseys of players who are no longer with the team.

I did get an Evans jersey last summer, but only because Skooby found a deal and I got it for $35, which is half the retail price. I just wear that one and my old Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly jerseys.

From now on, I won't buy a jersey of a player until he has starred on this team for a long time. For example, if Lynch tears it up over the next two years and signs a 5 year extension after that, I may buy his jersey after the 2nd or 3rd year of that contract. Once a player is successful for the team for 5 or 6 years, there's no shame in wearing the jersey even if they leave (as long as they don't go to the Dolphins or Patriots).

jamze132
05-06-2008, 02:31 AM
a word of advice: don't get a modern player- go throwback. It's all rent-a-player these days. In the last 5 years, I've ended up with 4 jerseys of players who are no longer with the team.

I did get an Evans jersey last summer, but only because Skooby found a deal and I got it for $35, which is half the retail price. I just wear that one and my old Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly jerseys.

From now on, I won't buy a jersey of a player until he has starred on this team for a long time. For example, if Lynch tears it up over the next two years and signs a 5 year extension after that, I may buy his jersey after the 2nd or 3rd year of that contract. Once a player is successful for the team for 5 or 6 years, there's no shame in wearing the jersey even if they leave (as long as they don't go to the Dolphins or Patriots).
So you're saying I shouldn't wear my Chris Watson jersey anymore? :poop:

Historian
05-06-2008, 04:53 AM
The pictures you listed are both replicas.

In order to be authentic, the sleeves must have the elastic in them.

Even the 300 dollar "authentics" the Bills sell aren't really authentic.

They're just well made knock offs.

A company on the Southern Tier custom makes all the Bills jerseys for Reebok.

Each jersey is tailor made to a player's measurements.

Mad Bomber
05-06-2008, 07:56 AM
the nfl shop one's look like bears jerseys

It's a Bills replica throwback jersey with Bears numbers on it.

:rofl:

trapezeus
05-06-2008, 08:32 AM

i'd agree with this, but i add a caveat. i got a lynch throw back at the niagara falls outlet for $30 at the beginning of last season. previously, i had moulds. And prior to that i was still living under my parents roof and my dad is strictly against paying more than $10 for a mesh item. As i get older, i'm beginning to agree with that logic.