• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Pics from inside the Aud

Some hockey-obsessed Canucks (like there's any other kind) snuck into the Aud and took some pictures:

I don't like the way he mentioned all of the Sabres' legendary opponents while ignoring the Sabres greats that played at the Aud (except a passing reference to Mogilny), but interesting stuff nonetheless.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pics from inside the Aud

Originally posted by OpIv37
    I don't like the way he mentioned all of the Sabres' legendary opponents
    Including Krivokrasov and Verbeek
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Those are pretty cool pics. I broke into an old closed school years ago but left when I found a mattress in the school gym. I'm surprised that place isn't littered with homeless people.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Those are pretty cool pics. I broke into an old closed school years ago but left when I found a mattress in the school gym. I'm surprised that place isn't littered with homeless people.
        I thought the same thing- if not homeless, then gangs (you can see gang tags in some of the pics), junkies, or teenagers looking for a place to drink/have sex.

I noticed that the author glossed over how they got in- maybe it's easier said than done.

Side note: the website is so outdated that it looks like it could have been programmed before the Aud closed.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

During my college days I had to commute through downtown, and during the day I could walk into the Aud and collect pucks under the seats. I even stepped onto the ice once.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
            During my college days I had to commute through downtown, and during the day I could walk into the Aud and collect pucks under the seats. I even stepped onto the ice once.
            you know, I like the city of Buffalo and I usually defend it, but when I hear about stuff like this, I understand why it has such a negative reputation.

The Aud is a huge building in the middle of downtown. The city failed to maintain and use it, they failed to replace it, and they failed to even secure it- anyone can get in there and just ransack the place. Scavenging for some loose pucks is hardly ransacking, but you can see from the photos that the place has been trashed- probably because people have been doing that for over a decade now.

If there was a building/lot that big in downtown DC, someone would have found a way to make millions off of it by now. Hell, the old Cap Center was closed about 10 years ago, demolished about 6 years ago, and now it's a sprawling retail complex that's constantly crowded. And that's not even downtown- it's in the MD suburbs pretty much due east of the District (if you know the area, you can actually see it just to the east of the Beltway).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

Philagape meant he went into the aud, prior to HSBC opening up. The aud wasn't so much trashed by vistors, but by years of neglect. The mold and peeling paint are everywhere.

There used to be a video on youtube showing how to break in. A garage door could be lifted. Video instructs would be visitors to wear industrial strength breathers, like the $50 asbestos kind.

This guy I met, had entered the doors that face the HSBC. On one of the doors, the metal square can be unscrewed - held on by only one screw. He went in at 2 in the afternoon, and stayed in there for several hours.

He and his GF went in and took a bunch of pics and unscrewed about 12 seats in the oranges and reds. He said whole sections had already been removed. This was last summer, before the city announced they were going to start removing the blues. So fans have been doing this for years. At first I thought he was doing it because he was such a huge sabres fan. Later, after he sold me two orange seats for $500, I realized it was always just about the money.

I know supposedly they are going to auction off some blue seats, maybe even for cheaper then what I paid. But I think that auction is going to be shady, with alot of buyers looking to flip those seats for big money. Just like all the season ticket holders reselling their tickets. Alot of Sabres fans are always looking for an angle to make money off their tickets.

I think that tit is finally running dry. Sabres aren't making the playoffs again for years. Not with Larry calling the shots. They won't even sign a star FA this offseason. Pathetic.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 05-05-2008, 11:32 PM.
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Myers57
                Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                • Sep 2003

I think we should organize a zone "explore the aud" evening

seriously

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
                  I think we should organize a zone "explore the aud" evening

seriously
                  Yeah, bring your ski masks and breathing masks!

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

I'm sure by now everything is tightly secured.. I heard once there was a huge party thrown just under the jumbotron at the aud, someone actually said it was a "rave"....imagine that!! People showed up with generators and everything.
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

I bet there is still some way to get in. As long as the building stands there is a way to break in. I can't believe it is still standing and all that stuff was inside. I'd kill for some of that stuff.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                        • Mar 2003

From what the guy that went in said, and the 20 pics he showed me, most of the stuff is pretty picked over. He was on the floor, and they still had the boards up back then. He found some paperwork on sabres stationary.

Actually some of the bar areas still had the metal tubing coming up from the counter just missing the tap heads of course.

One big problem with pulling out seats is that you have to locate rows of two or three just to be able to carry them out. Those long rows of 10 and 12 are all connected by the metal armrests. You'd need a blow torch to separate them. That's the problem the city is running into. They unbolt them, then use a crane to lower them down to the floor. Very time consuming. I think they are just removing the blues. The oranges are still there.

I wonder though, what if the city led guided group tours for say $50 a piece (rebreather rental included) through the Aud? Would there be enough interest? I think so. But might it embarrass the city how they let the place go? Probably.
                        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

They could not do tours do to health concerns. I think the workers need face masks and the such to protect them. The air is not healthy inside and full of mold, mildew, etc.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                          X