PDA

View Full Version : Yordad's Power Rankings

yordad
05-06-2008, 03:06 AM
I'm seeing some other's rankings and I'm doing a :headscrat

1. Patriots- Still the team to beat, preferably with a stick
2. Colts- Getting older, but if Freeney comes back full strength, I think there is another run possible
3. Cowboys- Class on the NFC, and I am not happy about this
4. Chargers- One of the most talented, sky is the limit
5. Giants- Not getting too much respect
6. Jags- AFC team no one wants to face, their D-line should be fierce
7. Minnesota- NFC team no one wants to face, their D-line should be fierce
8. Cleveland- They were close, will the additions pay off?
9. Redskins- Holy receivers!! Is Campbell the guy?
10. Saints- I still think their talent was better then their '07 record
11. Bills- The return of Poz, and the fall of Hardy, makes Bills nation feel like they added 3 first rounders
12. Pittsburgh- Should be in the hunt, but hopefully not too deep
13. Tennessee- I know Vince is fast, but can he catch his own passes?
14. Green Bay- I could be wrong, but I think they take a sizable step back
15. Carolina- They did some good things, but I don't think it will be enough
16. Denver- Some are high on the horses, not me.
17. Cards- lost in the shuffle
18. Tampabay- They have more QBs then receivers
19. Seahawks- From pass happy to power running? We'll see.
20. Houston- Someone give Andre Johnson some help. Seriously, how is Owen Daniels (TE) the next best offensive weapon?
21 Eagles- Let the rebuilding begin
22. Baltimore- Let the rebuilding begin
23. Rams- My, how they fell, but I think they have better talent then their '07 record
24. Lions- Oh come on Lions.
25. Jets- I am not convinced
26. San Fran- Well, I thought they were moving in the right direction
27. Chiefs- too young, too bad
28. Cincinnati- just change the name to "bungles" already
29. Dolphins- moving up in the world
30. Raiders- they might as well get comfy down here
31. Bears- their defense might outscore their offense
32. Falcons- they are the worst team, and they know it

Maybe nothing ground breaking, but most will feel there are a couple surprises. Like the Viks or Skins so high, or the Eagles or GB so low, but this is my preseason rankings. These are based solely on who I think will be the better team this upcoming season. Last year's upsets mean squat. I know I am going out on a limb with some of these, but what did you expect, a cut and paste of someone else's?

I hope this entertained. What are your thoughts?

BlackMetalNinja
05-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I mostly agree, but there is no way I can put Buffalo at 11 yet... more like the low teens until they do something more to prove themselves.

yordad
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I mostly agree, but there is no way I can put Buffalo at 11 yet... more like the low teens until they do something more to prove themselves.Ah, who needs conventional wisdom. I think they are making the playoffs this year, so in my mind (which isn't necessarily true) they have to be top 6 in the AFC.

yordad
05-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Well, I thought this was entertaining. I chuckled at myself a couple times.

Come on man, the Cards are lost in the shuffle? lol

Bling
05-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Bills better than Pittsburgh, Denver and Tennessee? Don't buy it...

Dozerdog
05-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Redskins wayyyyy to high

hydro
05-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Tennessee for sure but the others probably not.

yordad
05-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I think they are on par with Pitt and Tenn. I admitted Pittsburgh could be in that mix, but gave the Bills the nod maybe based on optimisim to be honest. Tenn I think lacks some firepower.

Bling, do you think the Bills can make the playoffs, and do you think all three of the teams you mentioned have a higher chance? Again, I am not high on the horses.

Redskins wayyyyy to highThis could be the case. I think they have a huge range. They were solid last year, the NFC is weak, and I think there O could be nicely improved. I think they will be better the second half of the season compared to the first, but I am ranking how I think the season will go. I admit that is a bit of a contridiction that it is an off season ranking, but I didn't want last seasons results influencing were I think these teams will be this year.

Maybe I should have called it "projected weak 17 power rankings".

Point is, maybe you can't bring yourself to believe they should be higher right now, but maybe you could believe they will be improved this year and be ranked higher come playoff time.

jamze132
05-12-2008, 04:09 AM
I just can't seem to think of a good response to this thread about power rankings. I understand it's someones opinion so I will not bash it.

yordad
05-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I just can't seem to think of a good response to this thread about power rankings. I understand it's someones opinion so I will not bash it.You could give your opinion. Maybe even make your own :idunno:

yordad
05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Well ok, I just got this....
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif Yordad's Power Rankings (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2438282#post2438282) 05-12-2008 07:35 PM More like: JP SUCKMAN #1 on your list

jamze132
05-13-2008, 04:47 AM
You could give your opinion. Maybe even make your own :idunno:
Naa. I don't have the want to seriously give it thought, hence the reason I am not making any comments or suggestions about it. :rockon: