What about Moulds, Shockey, or some other vet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

What about Moulds, Shockey, or some other vet?

We still need another vet on this team. Yes, there is a big difference between Moulds and Shockey. My point is that we need one more guy that we can rely on to catch the balls underneath. Parrish is not a possession receiver.

This team will only make the playoffs with Trent playing well. Period. Evans is still going to be double teamed. Hardy is young and will make mistakes. So we have Reed and Parrish bringing up the backside? Ouch.

Moulds might not be able to even play. I'm just saying we need someone in here. Thoughts and suggestions?
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: What about Moulds, Shockey, or some other vet?

The Buffalo Bills are not currently a playoff team so I say we let the rookie play opposite of Evans and take his lumps. We don't need to bring in an aging vet to take away valuable experience from the rookie.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Enough with Moulds already....

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I disagree... If our QB doesn't play well no vet at TE or WR would make the difference then.

We do not need to bring in a useless aging vet (Moulds) or a disruption (Shockey).

I'm perfectly fine going into this season with the team we have. With a priority being in getting Evans and/or Crowell locked up long term.

I also believe fully, that we are a playoff capable team. I keep revisiting our D upgrades this offseason, and our injury bug last season, our QB is no longer a rookie, and we have a new OC.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

I would consider buying season tickets that day if Shockey came to Buffalo. He would make this offense dangerous.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I don't mean to harp on the issue, but haven't we seen enough of what Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Eddie Robinson, Anthony Thomas, Peerless Price and other aging veterans can do?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Moulds isn't only a vet. He's a dinosaur. I don't think this team needs a veteran like how the sabres needed one.

Despite Jauron's boneheaded-ness during a game, he still has the respect of his entire roster. So they look to him. They don't need a loud mouth who's willing to complain because of lack of touches. If anything, they need a good soldier kind of vet. A Dallas clark would have been good. Or someother productive Vet, who shows up on game day and knows a thing or two about the playoffs.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I think Shockey is getting a bad rep and I'm not entirely sure why. I've seen what he can do on the field and I would love to have that in Buffalo. I would love to have a guy who is willing to put his head down and run with the ball without a helmet. He shows a lot of heart when he does things like that. He has been to the playoffs before so he knows what it is like to be on a winning team.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  I've seen what he can do on the field and I would love to have that in Buffalo..
                  You mean like get injured and belittle his QB? No thanks. I don't think it was a coincidence that Eli improved dramatically after Shockey got hurt.
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

HH, i see were u r coming from but i dont think the addition should be at WR anymore, with Evans, Hardy, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, Jenkins, Huggins, Mayle, and Jones, i just dont think they will look in that area,

But i would not mind grabbing a vet at TE, i think Eric Johnson is still out there, i could be mistaken on that, but someone of his exp and redzone ability would be welcome, i am not sold on Teyo or Courtney bringin anything to the table, and i do like Schouman's verstility and he mite be an asset playing a similiar FB/TE role for us,

BUt with Royal not being awesome, and Fine a rookie, and Massaqoui Teyo and Anderson all being other teams camp fodder i think u could stabilize the position by bringing in a vet i also think the Chris Baker situation with the NYJ is worth watching
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

I like what Shockey does on the field. Unfortunately I think he could be a QB killer off it, so I say steer clear. And the only way we should sign Moulds is on a one-day contract so he can retire as a Bill.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Reed usually gets tough first downs.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Eric Johnson signed back up with NO.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I stated that Moulds might be done. I'm just saying that if we are serious about playoffs than we need another body either at TE or WR.

The Bills needed a DE and a TE. It was a no win situation because, as usual, we had more needs than upper draft picks.

Fine is not the answer at TE.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Fine is not the answer at TE.
                              Can we at least give him the pre-season before we throw him under the bus?
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X