PDA

View Full Version : I wanna know y Travis Henry gets no respect or attention from the league or media???

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 09:37 AM
:stick: :fab:

G. Host
04-17-2003, 09:41 AM
1. Fumbling - considered very bad for RBs rightfully
2. Bad communications skills - not conductive to becoming media favorite

Pride
04-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Excellent points G.Host.

If ricky wasnt a freak, he would be in the same boat.
The media loves ricky, because they can make fun of him.

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 09:45 AM
i think he is respected by his peers..

he is on coarse to be a star.. he has only been good for one year.. if he strings together 2 or 3 years like he just had, he will be considered a star and will be well know.

why do you consider him to be not respected?

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 09:46 AM
Pride do u think T.H. will be better than R.W. this season.?

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:52 AM
He plays for the Bills. We get no respect until we start making playoffs. Even if we did , Packers , Bronncos, Dolphins, etc. (entire league basically) will still get more attention. Sometimes it feels like there's a conspiracy against the bills come playoffs. Pats game when Wade was still here. The year after was Music city and last year was the incomplete pass against the Packers w/c should've been a fumble.

Then again those are just excuses. We should never keep a game close during playoffs or important games.

The only time you hear media talking about us is when Berman is on the air.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 09:53 AM
BTW, welcome on board.

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 10:01 AM
without a doubt Henry or Buffalo get no props like they should I remember even in the glory years we got no respect was up with that ?
PS.soon it''ll time 4 NFL Priiiiiiiiiiime time GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Tatonka
04-17-2003, 10:04 AM
i think you guys are being oversensitive..

the bills players that won games got plenty of respect.. bruce, thurman, kelly, reed..

there is no conspiracy.. the current bills just havent won crap yet.. and have now shown consistency..

henry needs to show he can put up 1500 yards more than once in his career and he will turn heads.. he made the probowl for gods sakes.

Luisito23
04-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Tatonka Y doesnt Kelly get mention in the same sentence as Marino or Elway and y nobody mentions Thomas when talkin about the best ever RB'S???? GO BILLS!!!

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Tatonka, I said "it feels like." Like I said if we blew those teams away there wouldn't be close calls.

WCoastFin
04-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Luisito23

I wanna know y Travis Henry gets no respect or attention from the league or media???

:stick: :fab:

Luisito, bro, one word....."overrated".

superbills
04-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

OVERRATED???!!! WTF? Dude, he had nearly 1500 yards in a pass happy offense with an OC who couldn't care less about running and he's overrated? Take off the Ricky-colored glasses and take a look at that ***** you're shovelin'!

Brian H
04-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by superbills

OVERRATED???!!! WTF? Dude, he had nearly 1500 yards in a pass happy offense with an OC who couldn't care less about running and he's overrated? Take off the Ricky-colored glasses and take a look at that ***** you're shovelin'!

HAHAHHAHA Well said :bf1:

WG
04-17-2003, 03:01 PM
I wanna know y Travis Henry gets no respect or attention from the league or media???

That's easy! It's b/c Drew gets all the media attention, all the glory when things go right, and none of the blame when they don't.

Only 1 of Henry's fumbles directly contributed to a loss last season. Yet, all 15 of Drew's INTs were in losses, and 3 FUMs to boot! Yet, what makes the media? Henry's FUMs.

The media LOVES Drew. He can't do any wrong!

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 03:03 PM
He's a good player. What do you expect? He already has a checkered past, no one's going to give him any endorsment deals with that conviction hanging over his head.

He's the Roman Polanski of the NFL. Polanski wins an Oscar but he'll never be allowed back in the U.S. without going to jail. Travis can run for 1,500 yds but he's blacklisted himself from being a media darling. What's surprising is how here in Toronto Doug Gilmour has been forgiven and is now a local hero after doing pretty much the exact same thing.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 03:16 PM

Here's a fellow finfan Dolfan25. Do you agree with that quote? BTW he also seriously thinks Fiedler is the best QB in the AFCE.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 03:17 PM
Tatonka Y doesnt Kelly get mention in the same sentence as Marino or Elway and y nobody mentions Thomas when talkin about the best ever RB'S???? GO BILLS!!!

Kelly-bad decision to go to the USFL, plus the whole bickering Bills thing. I heard he had a rather large ego which rubbed some of his teammates and the press the wrong way.

Thomas-Great back but not even best during his era. Simply not the best ever and not worth debating.

I have to ask honestly who cares. They're both 1st ballot HOF'ers. What more do you want? They obviously have plenty of respect from their peers.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Here's a fellow finfan Dolfan25. Do you agree with that quote? BTW he also seriously thinks Fiedler is the best QB in the AFCE.

Henry's not overrated. The fact is he's hardly been rated at all so far. No one really knows where to place Travis yet. He might be a top 5 back he might not be a top 10 back. If he keeps having seasons like last year then he will move up. He's not as of right now in the same class as Ricky and for Bills fans to say he is is premature at this point. Ricky put up 1,800 yds last season and had 1 of the 10 best seasons ydge. wise of any RB.

I think WCoast's assertion that Fiedler is the best QB in the East is more a agitation gimmick to Bills fans than anything else. I don't think he believes it.

Bulldog
04-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

Kelly-bad decision to go to the USFL, plus the whole bickering Bills thing. I heard he had a rather large ego which rubbed some of his teammates and the press the wrong way.

Thomas-Great back but not even best during his era. Simply not the best ever and not worth debating.

I have to ask honestly who cares. They're both 1st ballot HOF'ers. What more do you want? They obviously have plenty of respect from their peers.

I hope you think that Barry Sanders is the best back of this era, and maybe of all time. If you try to say Emmit, I will puke all over my computer.

dolfan25
04-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Both Barry and Emmitt are better than Thurman. Honestly who cares who's better between those 2. Emmitt and Terrell Davis are the 2 best postseason backs I've ever seen play.

HenryRules
04-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Henry doesn't get a ton of respect because he's only had one good season and this is a great era for running backs in the NFL. Although don't forget, he did make the pro bowl, that's some pretty good recognition right there.

I love the guy, but so far I'd say the following RB's are worthy of more hype:
Ricky Williams, Clinton Portis, Priest Holmes, Ladanian Tomlinson, Michael Bennett, Marshall Faulk, Corey Dillon, and Curtis Martin (no one realises how great that guy's second half was).

Henry should be right there with guys like: Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, and Stephen Davis as that next group.

Another year like last year and he'll be up in that first group though.

Earthquake Enyart
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I hate to burst your bubble, but did you guys forget about the young girl at the gas station?

I don't think the media is hot to idolize someone with decision making skills like this.

justasportsfan
04-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

I think WCoast's assertion that Fiedler is the best QB in the East is more a agitation gimmick to Bills fans than anything else. I don't think he believes it.

Oh yes he does. He bases it on winning percentage. Ask him.

ublinkwescore
04-17-2003, 05:46 PM

Someone likes wearing Ricky Williams' thighs as earmuffs.

simpletask400
04-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Who cares?!! Why does everyone have to whine about everything!!