PDA

View Full Version : This Organization is finally growing a sack

patmoran2006
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Last year they drafted Lynch earlier than most expected, despite "Character Issues". He didn't dissapoint a drop his first year.

This year, we go after Hardy, who has even bigger "character issues" than Lynch did.

Looks like the front office is finally understand it takes more than character to win titles. It takes TALENT.

I haven't really commented much about Hardy, because to be honest I'm still ****ing shocked he was on the board at #41.

I dont give a crap about the rest of our draft. Leodis and Hardy alone make this draft incredible to me. Two biggest needs we had going in the draft, and we come away with the best CB and the best WR in the draft.

In my wildest dreams, I didnt think Leodis gets past N.O. at 10, and I thought Hardy would be gone to Dallas at #28 (at the latest)

anyway.. Point being. I like the balls this team is finally showing

FlyingDutchman
05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Listening to Hardy talk, I can tell his worst days are behind him. He surprised me that he speaks so well and seems to have a good attitude.

raphael120
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Well it remains to be seen if we did indeed get the best WR in Hardy. There were a lot of highly touted WR's in this class (Thomas, Sweed, Kelly). I think it's a safe bet we did get the best CB, though...but again...only time will tell.

Dr. Lecter
05-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Lynch had no character issues, it was made up crap.

coastal
05-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Why bother even talking about the truth... the accusation is much more satisfying.

Bone
05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I don't think were growing a sack, the sack has been there but hasn't dropped yet.

Luisito23
05-06-2008, 07:24 PM
LOL Mitch!....

Bone
05-06-2008, 10:02 PM
:rofl:

Oaf
05-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Still asking the Q, will Kelly or Thomas be more effective over the middle than Hardy?

LtFinFan66
05-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Funny that when you guys do it....it is considered "growing a sack"

When other teams do it, you guys flame them

Can't have it both ways

DrGraves
05-06-2008, 11:38 PM
I completely agree, I hate everyone who doesn't want guys who have character issues... I mean the cowboys teams who had character issues kick our ass in the super bowl, twice!

I say we go a guy like shockey, i mean our tight ends SUCK, and he is an all pro, i dont care if hes cocky or is a dick, hes good, and will run you over.

DrGraves
05-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Its ironic that the bills are finally starting to grow nut hair once they are half way out of buffalos door...

jamze132
05-07-2008, 03:08 AM

Can't have it both ways
Well Bills fans can't have their cake and eat it too! :poop:

Romes
05-07-2008, 04:28 AM
I disagree that recent transactions have had anything to do with the growth of the organizations testicles.

When they talk about high character guys they are talking about high on-field/football character guys. Good locker room guys, which is different from off-field/personal character. Sometimes, often times, the two go hand-in-hand other times they may not.

LtFinFan66
05-07-2008, 05:16 AM
I disagree that recent transactions have had anything to do with the growth of the organizations testicles.

When they talk about high character guys they are talking about high on-field/football character guys. Good locker room guys, which is different from off-field/personal character. Sometimes, often times, the two go hand-in-hand other times they may not.I disagree

Dr. Lecter
05-07-2008, 05:50 AM

Can't have it both ways

The difference is, Lynch never had issues and Hardy had one incident when he was 19 or so.

I don't think it is growing a sack, as much as it is people beleiving too much of what they read and having a selective memory, especially on Lynch.

DrastiK
05-07-2008, 06:25 AM
I am also still so happy that we got Hardy. I wanted us to pick him up months before the draft.

justasportsfan
05-07-2008, 09:26 AM

Can't have it both ways
I agree. But in th bills' defense they have stated that they do invetigate every incident thats been reported.

I am also not sold on Hardy's character issues being behind him. Lets see how he handles fame and fortune. It can either bring the best or the worst in a person.

Even those without questionable characters turned out to be a-holes. Willis Mcgahee.

DraftBoy
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Last year they drafted Lynch earlier than most expected, despite "Character Issues". He didn't dissapoint a drop his first year.

This year, we go after Hardy, who has even bigger "character issues" than Lynch did.

Looks like the front office is finally understand it takes more than character to win titles. It takes TALENT.

I haven't really commented much about Hardy, because to be honest I'm still ****ing shocked he was on the board at #41.

I dont give a crap about the rest of our draft. Leodis and Hardy alone make this draft incredible to me. Two biggest needs we had going in the draft, and we come away with the best CB and the best WR in the draft.

In my wildest dreams, I didnt think Leodis gets past N.O. at 10, and I thought Hardy would be gone to Dallas at #28 (at the latest)

anyway.. Point being. I like the balls this team is finally showing

That logic makes no sense to me at all.

Romes
05-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I disagree

*****!! :mad:

:jk:

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Can't have it both ways
Yes we can do whatever we want to 1-15 boy.

LtFinFan66
05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes we can do whatever we want to 1-15 boy.You can be a hypocrite all you want sir.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
You can be a hypocrite all you want sir.
:band:

LtFinFan66
05-07-2008, 09:47 AM
:up:

ddaryl
05-07-2008, 10:02 AM

Can't have it both ways

but please take reference to those who've brought this up as a subject...

IMO Neither Lynch nor Hardy have enough "character issues" to warrant any problems about drafting them... we have all done dumb ass stuff on our journey thru youth

However I would be upset if the Bills decided to sign Chris henry or Pacman Jones type of players. These players have obvious issues that can't be written off, and shouldn't be written off.

So that being said I hope Jerry Jones gets what's coming to him

madness
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
but please take reference to those who've brought this up as a subject...

IMO Neither Lynch nor Hardy have enough "character issues" to warrant any problems about drafting them... we have all done dumb ass stuff on our journey thru youth

However I would be upset if the Bills decided to sign Chris henry or Pacman Jones type of players. These players have obvious issues that can't be written off, and shouldn't be written off.

So that being said I hope Jerry Jones gets what's coming to him

Not only did they have very minimal character issues, they have very high "football character".

Marv use to say even though off-field character is important, it's only secondary to what he called "football character". Marv wanted high motivated, smart, film rats on his team. Players that want to keep on getting better and making the team better. These are the type of players that keep on progressing and have a better chance of reaching their full potential and help bring the team closer together.

Bringing up off-field character every time we sign a player is... :deadhorse:

“Among all the world's races ... Americans are the most prone to misinformation. This is not a consequence of any special preference for mendacity.... It is rather that so much of what they themselves believe is wrong.” -JKB

Romes
05-13-2008, 08:46 PM
is the organization's "sack" growth still viewed as a good thing?