PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals game: key game for 2008 season?

trapezeus
05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
It seems that everyone agrees that the Bills are set up to got 4-0 or 3-1 in the first fourth of the season. I think there has been a lot of discussion of the cardinals game being the "letdown" game because its on the road and its an expected victory.

The cardinals also have been getting a lot of press because of their QB situation, the WR's situation, etc. The potentially have a lot of variables that can tear that team apart. But on paper, they have a good running game and great recievers and a real chance to be better than the laughingstock that they've normally been.

My opinion is that game will say alot about the remaining 12 games. If the bills can come out and win handily, i think it will make us all feel better that all the changes we have endured the last 3 years are starting to take shape. But if they crap the bed, i think alot of us will just see more doom and gloom.

My question is this: do you think the cardinals will be a decent team through 08 and do you think the bills can win that game?

Philagape
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm not worried about a trap game. Dick's strength as a coach is getting his guys ready to play on gameday. They've taken care of business against lesser opponents. (for example, Dick is 4-0 against the Fish :snicker:)

madness
05-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I believe Arizona will be a better team then last year but so will most if not all of their div. rivals. It's too early to predict but I think both teams could be about the same level with the game going either way. So, yes it is a very winnable game.

Mudflap1
05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't think the Bills are good enough where we can have this conversation. They have proven nothing. They have been cellar-dwellers this entire decade. Let's just take one game at a time and see where we end up. I'm not ready to predict any games yet, let alone suggest that the Bills may be 4-0 or 3-1.

However, I do see your point that the Bills and Cardinals are in relatively similar situations. So from that standpoint, yes, I see the Cardinals game as interesting to see if the Bills can beat a team that is on a similar path. However, I don't see it as any more important than any other game, and of course, particularly a division game.

Jon

casdhf
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I think Seattle is a key game. So is Jacksonville, so is Arizona ...

justasportsfan
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
If our Dl can get to either flatfooted card qbs we'll win.

DrGraves
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
4-0? 3-1?

We play seattle and @ jacksonville the first two weeks... im praying that we don't start out 0-2.... 1-1 would be amazing.

jamze132
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
In order for us to have a "trap game", we have to have a good team that consistently wins more than one game in a row. We don't usually do that here in Buffalo lately. There is no such thing as a "trap game" for these Bills right now. And 3-1 after 4 weeks is extremely arogant at this point. We haven't even got to camp yet!!!

DrGraves
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
we should be a good team, but we are not good enough yet to have a trap game even against someone as bad as miami

Ingtar33
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
how will we go 4-0 to start when we have jax and seatle?

both teams are better then buffalo in every measurable you can name.

evol4276
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
theyre tougher than thought of. they actually have a really good secondary and from watching last year at times were deadly (i was in AZ during the season). passing attack we all know is great if they can figure out who they want to use at qb. running game.. meh. i think the one thing we can hope for is what they've always shown the past few years: that they're inconsistent as hell. one game they'll play really good against better teams, but then theyll lose against lower teams (i.e. sf and st.l last year). so im hoping they are still like that then. i think if we can pull that off we shuld be able to start strong

Mitchy moo
05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
I don't think the Bills are good enough where we can have this conversation. They have proven nothing. They have been cellar-dwellers this entire decade. Let's just take one game at a time and see where we end up. I'm not ready to predict any games yet, let alone suggest that the Bills may be 4-0 or 3-1.

However, I do see your point that the Bills and Cardinals are in relatively similar situations. So from that standpoint, yes, I see the Cardinals game as interesting to see if the Bills can beat a team that is on a similar path. However, I don't see it as any more important than any other game, and of course, particularly a division game.

Jon

Best reality check so far this month, shut the playoff talk down here and the 4-0 BS.

yordad
05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
My question is this: do you think the cardinals will be a decent team through 08 and do you think the bills can win that game?Yes, and yes.

yordad
05-07-2008, 02:48 PM

both teams are better then buffalo in every measurable you can name.:poop:

colin
05-08-2008, 07:53 AM

i dunno ingtar

it's about match ups, not over all ability.

seattle can't run and has some banged up old o linemen. they also are HORRIBLE at traveling east and are home team monsters. i think we can beat them as they will be in our house. they are also a little soft against the run (great pass rush tho, and secondary). if we can keep them on the sidelines and dominate time of posession we can beat them.

jax is another team i honestly think we match up with well. we were strong in the last game inspite of jp trying to give it away and no marshawn. although they eventually broke it open, our ends really did a number on their running game (i think we had drew behind the LOS 3 or more times that game, as good as a sack).

they have big slow O and D linemen, although they new have 2 good rook edge rushers. i think those young guys will get pwned by our tackles and stroud will be in for a grudge match (he has never been anywhere and not successful and respected in his life, think he might bring some ruckus?).

i agree that on paper they are better ing, but the match ups are such that we really can beat them both.

Ingtar33
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
that seems like wishful thinking to me.

we'll have a good season next year, we'll probably do better then 8-8, but we're not going 4-0... and it will require breaks for us to go 3-1

Meathead
05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
It seems that everyone agrees that the Bills are set up to got 4-0 or 3-1 in the first fourth of the season.
what we white man

2-2

TacklingDummy
05-08-2008, 11:07 AM

Oakland/St. Louis won't be no cakewalk either. Nor will Arizona.

Bill Cody
05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
It seems that everyone agrees that the Bills are set up to got 4-0 or 3-1 in the first fourth of the season.

This is a joke, right?

ddaryl
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
IMHO... the Bills have been historically weak out of the gates the last few years, so all the games early on will go along way towards us determining where we are heading. We've played our best in the 2nd half of the season

heading into game 4... If we're 2-1 we've already moved forward some in comparison to the last 2 seasons..

trapezeus
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
last couple years we had hard schedules. this year we have an easy schedule, but it's particularly easier in the first half. if we want to get that wildcard spot, we need to go 3-1 or 4-0. in no way is that a cake walk, but that is out best chance to get a wildcard spot. if we go 2-2 or 1-3, season will just follow our typical 7-9 seasons.

Jan Reimers
05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
When you play only 16 games, each one is key, and of equal value to every other.

Dr. Lecter
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM
When you play only 16 games, each one is key, and of equal value to every other.

Except for games against the Dolphins.

I hate the Dolphins. :squish: