PDA

View Full Version : Bills 13th in NFL-Fan Satisfaction Ratings

NC-BILLS44
05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/mag/franchiseRanks?sport=nfl&year=2008

Positives - Affordability and Bang for Buck
Negatives - Ownership & Titles

Michael82
05-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Nice! So apparently the fan support and satisfaction is there. Maybe this stuff and the season ticket report will help cool some of the moving to Toronto talk for now. :pray:

gr8slayer
05-07-2008, 12:29 PM
How anyone in Buffalo is satisfied with no play-offs in a decade, no SB's ever is beyond me.

Satisfaction with................... never mind.

trapezeus
05-07-2008, 12:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/mag/franchiseRanks?sport=nfl&year=2008

Positives - Affordability and Bang for Buck
Negatives - Ownership & Titles

how can you get a bang for your buck if you don't win any championships. it's all sunk costs as a fan unless you win the big one. Then we'll find out how good all the money spent is.

RockStar36
05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
How anyone in Buffalo is satisfied with no play-offs in a decade, no SB's ever is beyond me.

Where does it say anyone is satisfied?

gr8slayer
05-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Where does it say anyone is satisfied?
Well these are "SATISFACTION RATINGS"

We are number 13 on the SATISFACTION RATINGS, that means that we are more SATISFIED with our team than 19 other teams out there. If you can't figure it out then there's no hope for you.

ddaryl
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
maybe some of you shouldn't be questioning the Bills position on the satisfactory scale as much as you should be questioning why the bottom 19 NFL teams fans aren't as satisfied. Could it be the high ticket prices with similiar lack of production to show for it. If a team makes the playoffs 2 times in the last 10 years but never wins a playoff game in that same time period are they really that much better off then the Bills recent drought... Especially if there paying $25 - $50 more per ticket ????

Heck Cleveland is 14 on this list.... and they've watched there team pull out in the cover of night and head to baltimore once already. They've had some piss poor drafts and piss poor luck with injuries yet they're "satisfied"

Me, I'm satisifed knowing I have my favorite team to follow regardless. When/If the Bills do leave I won't have any satisfaction since I won't follow the sport from that point on.

but lets not forget that this chart is based on recent marketing polls.. and I think most Bills fans are satisified with the present direction of the team believing we are finally going to return to a playoff contender after such a long draught.

justasportsfan
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM

it simply means we love our team win or lose.

As far as no sb wins...compare to 26. Miami Dolphins . They have sb wins. Goes to show you which fanbase is fairweathered.

It's no secret bills fans are passionate about their team except for those who are both cowboys and bills fans

:snicker:

gr8slayer
05-07-2008, 01:24 PM
maybe some of you shouldn't be questioning the Bills position on the satisfactory scale as much as you should be questioning why the bottom 19 NFL teams fans aren't as satisfied. Could it be the high ticket prices with similiar lack of production to show for it. If a team makes the playoffs 2 times in the last 10 years but never wins a playoff game in that same time period are they really that much better off then the Bills recent drought... Especially if there paying $25 - $50 more per ticket ????

Heck Cleveland is 14 on this list.... and they've watched there team pull out in the cover of night and head to baltimore once already. They've had some piss poor drafts and piss poor luck with injuries yet they're "satisfied"

Me, I'm satisifed knowing I have my favorite team to follow regardless. When/If the Bills do leave I won't have any satisfaction since I won't follow the sport from that point on.

but lets not forget that this chart is based on recent marketing polls.. and I think most Bills fans are satisified with the present direction of the team believing we are finally going to return to a playoff contender after such a long draught.
Your logic is flawed:

As far as Cowboys country is concerned, Jerry Jones is definitely riding tall in the saddle. He's signed top free agents (offensive tackle Leonard Davis and safety Ken Hamlin), hired coaches like Jason Garrett (QBs) and top sheriff Wade Phillips, and started building a new ranch, scheduled to open in 2009. Result: a 22-spot leap in Ownership rankings since last year. Fans also give big ups to Big D's big three of TO, MB lII and America's QB (that's Terrell Owens, Marion Barber III and Tony Romo to you tenderfeet). You'd think a 27% hike in average ticket prices (up to $84.12, third-highest in the league) would hurt the Boys' Bang, but you'd be wrong, pard. That's because the real bottom line (wins, silly) went up even more (44% from '='06 to '07). Add it all up, and you get a Texas-size, 36-spot overall giddyap, fourth-best in the NFL. - Eddie Matz

ddaryl
05-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Your logic is flawed:

no it's not... your perception is skewed

gr8slayer
05-07-2008, 01:29 PM
no it's not... your perception is skewed
Fact is:

fourth-best in the NFL with some the second most expensive ticket coming in 2009. Your logic is flawed.

ddaryl
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
^^^

and yet the stats of the chart clearly say Bills fans are the 13th most satisfied in the NFL and the debate here had absolutly nothing to do with Dallas or any of the 12 teams listed above Buffalo. My retort above was in reagrds to why the 19 teams below us MIGHT NOT BE AS SATISFIED. Pure specualtio on my part.

You apear to be upset because you wanted the Bills to be listed at #30 or lower so you can feel some sort of satisfaction that other Bills fans were as miserable as yourself, maybe, I don't know..

Many of us are not, and I never will be. I have my low points but right now the last 10 years don't even exist, I am a forward looker, and if I do look back I look at the time where we fired TD and started anew, and I am satisfied about the direction of our team, obvioulsy most other Bills fans are too.

yordad
05-07-2008, 07:14 PM
The Jests got the highest STD score............eeeeww!!

PromoTheRobot
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM

Imagine paying 5 times more for tickets PLUS $20,000 for a PSL, paying $12 a beer and doing only marginally better as a team. That describes about two-thirds of the teams in the NFL. Tell me how satisfied you'd be?

PTR

Michael82
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Imagine paying 5 times more for tickets PLUS $20,000 for a PSL, paying $12 a beer and doing only marginally better as a team. That describes about two-thirds of the teams in the NFL. Tell me how satisfied you'd be?

PTR
Good post! :bf1:

raphael120
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Sabres are 23rd overall. Funny how in both the Bills and Sabres, our worst rating for them is ownership...honestly, I think the Sabres have WAYYYY better management than the Bills. Last year as an exception though...but least they got it pretty much right 2 seasons in a row.

Michael82
05-07-2008, 08:30 PM
honestly, I think the Sabres have WAYYYY better management than the Bills. Last year as an exception though...but least they got it pretty much right 2 seasons in a row.

Sorry, but you are one of the few. The Bills management is unproven right now, but at least they dont let go of all those stars, even when they are making enough money to pay them. The Sabres management has really screwed up and lost a lot of trust from their fans. They need to earn that trust and respect by re-signing both Miller and Pominville or else they are going to lose the fans fast. :ill:

gr8slayer
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM

PTR
:rofl:

Please don't talk to me about inflated prices, I go to Cowboys games all the time. It's ridiculous, but that's what you have to do if you want to see the game live and I'm fine with that. If I don't like it I don't have to watch it live.