PDA

View Full Version : Bills Toronto ticket prices more than three times the average

Michael82
05-07-2008, 06:44 PM
More than 180,000 ticket requests have been registered for the Buffalo Bills’ package of eight games at Toronto’s Rogers Centre over the next five years, it was announced today.

Ticket prices will range from $55 to $295, an average of $183, and there will be no price difference in the five regular-season games or the three preseason games. The Bills’ average ticket price for games at Ralph Wilson Stadium is about $51, which ranks in the bottom quarter of the NFL.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080507/SPORTS/80507047&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Michael82
05-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow! These are crazy! :ill:

Fans have the option of buying a three-game package (for the two games this year and the one regular-season game in 2009) or the full eight-game package. Those who buy the eight-game package get a discount.

Those $295 seats near the corners of the lower deck cost $270 per game for the eight-game package. The lower half of the upper deck along the sidelines will cost $235 for the three-game package and $215 for eight games. The upper half of the upper deck along the sidelines will cost $185 for three games, $170 for eight games.

The upper-deck seats in the end zones all are priced under $100.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/341214.html

casdhf
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I wish they'd stick them with another pre-season game every year. All we need is one here.

Michael82
05-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I wish they'd stick them with another pre-season game every year. All we need is one here.
I agree. Hell, I'd give them both preseasons if we can keep our regular season games. :up:

Ebenezer
05-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I agree. Hell, I'd give them both preseasons if we can keep our regular season games. :up:
they are Canadians Mikey...not stupid.

Michael82
05-07-2008, 08:33 PM
okay fine....one preseason and one regular. :up:

But I want a written guarantee that, that is all they will take from us. No one! :mad:

BlackMetalNinja
05-07-2008, 08:34 PM

But oh what a thin line that is! :lmao:

Michael82
05-07-2008, 08:38 PM
But oh what a thin line that is! :lmao:
:rofl:

Johnny Bugmenot
05-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Even with super high prices they're still able to charge less than $60 for some of the tickets? That's impressive...

OpIv37
05-07-2008, 10:12 PM
actually, according to the Buffalo News piece, some prices for premium seats haven't been set and the average will be over $200 a ticket.

The Patriots are currently the highest priced ticket in the NFL and their average isn't even $100. If Toronto were to have a full-time NFL team, all they would have to do is retain half that demand to have the highest ticket prices in the league.

This Toronto thing has sent up red flags since day one, but when I read this story earlier I literally felt sick to my stomach. Their average is 4x what ours is- this is becoming a numbers game that we simply can't ****ing win. If we have to play a game or two a year in Toronto to keep the Bills, I'm fine with that. But all this is doing is whetting Toronto's appetite for NFL football and showing the league how much more money can be made in Toronto relative to Buffalo. It's not going to end well.

Jan Reimers
05-08-2008, 06:50 AM
We're talking 8 games over 5 years. It's basically a novelty. I firmly believe that Toronto could not sustain this level of pricing for 10 games per year, every year.

don137
05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Does anyone know who is setting the prices for the games in Toronto? I know the Bills get 78MM for the games in Toronto. I assume they don't get any additional income based on concession or ticket revenue but not certain.

colin
05-08-2008, 07:45 AM
We're talking 8 games over 5 years. It's basically a novelty. I firmly believe that Toronto could not sustain this level of pricing for 10 games per year, every year.

this is obviously and completely true.

what ralph has is a segmented market -- he can limit the supply in both markets to charge the highest prices while keeping total supply (relative to any single market) high.

the BUFFALO bills are a brand, playing one game in toronto strengthens the brand. playing all the games in toronto will dilute the brand, maybe even ruin it.

TacklingDummy
05-08-2008, 07:50 AM
This contract the Bills have with Tornoto runs out in 5 years?

Will the Bills owner use this information to move the Bills to Toronto after the contract is up?

It's going to be hard to keep the Bills in Buffalo considering how much the owner of the Bills is going to make on just 1 regular season game per year in Tornoto.

I see this move as another nail in the Bills coffin in Buffalo.

Pride
05-08-2008, 08:40 AM

Agreed. As a Bills fan... I know that if they played one game a year in Harrisburg, PA (near to where I live)... I would pay $200 to watch them. That is actually a savings in gas, hotel, food, etc from what I pay now to travel to Buffalo to watch a game.

Convenience for Toronto's Bills fans are why they can charge this much for 1/2 games.

mybills
05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
This contract the Bills have with Tornoto runs out in 5 years?

Will the Bills owner use this information to move the Bills to Toronto after the contract is up?

It's going to be hard to keep the Bills in Buffalo considering how much the owner of the Bills is going to make on just 1 regular season game per year in Tornoto.

I see this move as another nail in the Bills coffin in Buffalo.
Ralph may not even be alive in 5 years, so it could be a nail in his coffin.

OpIv37
05-08-2008, 05:46 PM

they wouldn't have to- all they'd have to do is maintain half that interest to have the highest ticket prices in the NFL. with 1/3 that interest, they'd be in the middle of the NFL pack. That's the scary part.

SabreEleven
05-08-2008, 06:03 PM
RW must have gotten his first woody in about 50 years...