PDA

View Full Version : If they are not going to move Big Mike to LT.....

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 07:38 AM
Why not move Ruben to RG. Then maybe we can run the ball a little bit?

JefftheBillsfan
08-26-2002, 09:16 AM
i like Ruben at LG because he can pull to the right side. Then you run behind MW and MS with Ruben pulling behind them...now that is a power running game...

THATHURMANATOR
08-26-2002, 09:23 AM
I say keep it the way it is and give them a little time to get healthy and gel.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 09:42 AM
They aren't doing squat the way they are lined up now. If you put your best two OL next to each other, maybe we could get a yard.

Plankton
08-26-2002, 09:44 AM
They need to change something up. we need Jennings back

HenryRules
08-26-2002, 11:02 AM
I think our pass blocking on the left side would be way too weak if we moved RB. With the inexperienced LT's that we have, they'll need to have a solid LG so they can be confident RB is going to make sure no one is going to beat them in the LT-LG gap. With MS there, our LT would have to worry too much about people rushing inside as well as having to take care of guys rushing outside.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 11:04 AM
Maybe you are right, but the problem is WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!! If we can't run, everything goes bad.

JefftheBillsfan
08-26-2002, 11:07 AM
i think everyone is over-concerned with our running game. i think we will develop a very balanced offense.

casdhf
08-26-2002, 11:11 AM
It doesn't even seem like they're trying to run...maybe that's the master plan...suprise them all...you heard it here first

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2002, 11:12 AM
If they can run it, I'll be surprised.

HenryRules
08-26-2002, 11:30 AM
I think that JJ is a solid run-blocker and once he gets back, him and RB will be a solid run-blocking tandem. Maybe not as good as MW-RB would be, but still good.

SoCalBillsFan
08-26-2002, 11:36 AM
HR I agree, JJ and RB next to each other will be very effective. IMO, Jennings will be just as good as WIlliams this year. I think people have VERY high expectations on big mike for this season. I personally think this year will be a big growth year for him, but he won't dominate yet. He may make some good individual plays, but he will make his mistakes too. Jennings might even be betterand more polished than williams in the early going.

The_Philster
08-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I say keep it the way it is and give them a little time to get healthy and gel.

I'm with you, THURM. The O-Line needs to build itself as a unitand the only way they can do that is to stay put...especially this late in the preseason.